What is the best Nvidia custom brand?

Yoo Song Won

I'm planning to get a 1060 but don't know what to buy. 

My options are:

- ASUS

- ZOTAC

- GIGABYTE

- EVGA

- MSI

What 1060 should I buy? I'm looking for maximum performance, lots of overclocking room and quiet fans.

2 minutes ago, Yoo Song Won said:

I'm planning to get a 1060 but don't know what to buy. 

My options are:

- ASUS

- ZOTAC

- GIGABYTE

- EVGA

- MSI

What 1060 should I buy? I'm looking for maximum performance, lots of overclocking room and quiet fans.

EVGA or MSI, unless Gigabyte have improved massively. EVGA for OCing.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

In my opinion EVGA, although i have seen friends getting awesome ASUS and MSI cards. My grandma has a Gigabyte Windforce 980ti and she thinkgs its great, so i'm sorry but i can't really help you much on this one.

EVGAs top line of cards for overclocking

Zotac for the fastest stock cards

Zotac and Gigabyte for OC and looks seeing as EVGA cards look like shit

personal fave is gigabyte because IMO there cards look the best and then Zotac

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I say EVGA. Their cards are not always the highest clocked out of the box, but they are great all-rounders; excellent in every category, but most importantly they have superb customer service. Maybe you get 20MHz more out of an Asus, but when the card has to be RMA'd... well, I need say no more. 

All the cards are pretty much the same, the biggest difference between them is the companies' CS. Maybe if you're getting a low range card it doesn't matter but if you're shelling out £500 for a piece of kit, it's pretty damn important, imo.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

EVGA has one of the best RMA processes usually, but I still see people report bad experiences form time to time. Other than that they are all the same, just some aib companies releases will cool/overclock better on average than others. Sense the 1060 uses different fan shroud styles than the 1070/1080 and is still new we don't know who has the best model yet however you will be fine with any of them I recommend a two-three fan cooling system with more power phases than founders because it is really lacking, EVGA seems to be offering the stock pcb on all models except the FTW edition for overclocking a 1060 your best bet would be to go for the Asus, Msi, or the Gigabyte one. 

EVGA, read some nice stories about them.

I would get a card of them if i want to buy a nvidia card, but i don't want to :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

31 minutes ago, spidsepttk said:

In my opinion EVGA, although i have seen friends getting awesome ASUS and MSI cards. My grandma has a Gigabyte Windforce 980ti and she thinkgs its great, so i'm sorry but i can't really help you much on this one.

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

EVGA, read some nice stories about them.

I would get a card of them if i want to buy a nvidia card, but i don't want to :D

14 minutes ago, App4that said:

EVGA

14 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

EVGA has one of the best RMA processes usually, but I still see people report bad experiences form time to time. Other than that they are all the same, just some aib companies releases will cool/overclock better on average than others. Sense the 1060 uses different fan shroud styles than the 1070/1080 and is still new we don't know who has the best model yet however you will be fine with any of them I recommend a two-three fan cooling system with more power phases than founders because it is really lacking, EVGA seems to be offering the stock pcb on all models except the FTW edition for overclocking a 1060 your best bet would be to go for the Asus, Msi, or the Gigabyte one. 

25 minutes ago, treeroy said:

I say EVGA. Their cards are not always the highest clocked out of the box, but they are great all-rounders; excellent in every category, but most importantly they have superb customer service. Maybe you get 20MHz more out of an Asus, but when the card has to be RMA'd... well, I need say no more. 

All the cards are pretty much the same, the biggest difference between them is the companies' CS. Maybe if you're getting a low range card it doesn't matter but if you're shelling out £500 for a piece of kit, it's pretty damn important, imo.

31 minutes ago, spidsepttk said:

This is the EVGA 1060 SC... One fan... This is why I'm hesitating. 

06G-P4-6163-KR_XL_1.jpg

Just now, Yoo Song Won said:

This is the EVGA 1060 SC... One fan... This is why I'm hesitating. 

06G-P4-6163-KR_XL_1.jpg

Haha, reminds me of when i bought my gtx 750ti that i currently STILL game on. I was so glad that i waited for EVGA to add the FTW edition of my card.

Also, don't judge a card by the amount of fans! Look at the R9 Nano!

1 minute ago, spidsepttk said:

Haha, reminds me of when i bought my gtx 750ti that i currently STILL game on. I was so glad that i waited for EVGA to add the FTW edition of my card.

Also, don't judge a card by the amount of fans! Look at the R9 Nano!

Sarcasm?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

40 minutes ago, spidsepttk said:

My grandma has a Gigabyte Windforce 980ti 

Now that's something you don't hear every day!  Awesome.

Just now, App4that said:

Sarcasm?

No sarcasm at all. The R9 Nano is a great card 

My new gtx 1070 xtreme gaming from gigabyte has two additional years of warranty (in total now 4). It sounds great but i dont know if its worth something and how their warranty polices work.

41 minutes ago, spidsepttk said:

Your grandma has a 980Ti!?!? Wow...

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ace_cheaply said:

Now that's something you don't hear every day!  Awesome.

Yeah! She is a perfectionist that won't settle for anything other than the best (it was the best when she bought it). She plays Civilization off it.

Just now, Teddy07 said:

My new gtx 1070 xtreme gaming from gigabyte has two additional years of warranty (in total now 4). It sounds great but i dont know if its worth something and how their warranty polices work.

My Z97UD3 Black edition basically came ****ed in the box. After weeks of fighting with customer support I finally got some results from Gigabyte, they told me to pay 90us to have it shipped so they could "look" at it, or kick rocks.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

Your grandma has a 980Ti!?!? Wow...

Looks like it is time to upgrade my signature on this forums!

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

My Z97UD3 Black edition basically came ****ed in the box. After weeks of fighting with customer support I finally got some results from Gigabyte, they told me to pay 90us to have it shipped so they could "look" at it, or kick rocks.

Wow. Complete opposite of my experience with a Z87-ud5h that had two usb 3.0 ports not functioning in the rear i/o.  they sent me a shipping label, and replaced the MOBO without any issues. 

Its EVGA for sure.

I'm a person, you're a person...Together, we are people.

Bob Ross is the greatest painter ever! Happy trees!

Specs:

Spoiler

Processor: i7 4790k @4.7ghz
Game destroyer: Msi GTX 970 4GD5 OC (Soon to be a 1080 or Titan)
Mobo: MSI Z97I AC mini ITX motherboard 
Fridge: NZXT Kraken X31 120mm liquid cooler
Lambo: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb SSD
Honda Civic: Random Toshiba 2TB 7200rpm HDD
PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 g2 (Currently out for RMA)
Case: NZXT S340 Midtower PC case

All 1060s OC the same. Get EVGA for superior customer support

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Advanced Micro Devices are pretty good too, although they like to use different colour scheme than nvidia by default ;)