NVIDIA Announces GP102-based TITAN X with 3,584 CUDA cores

RZeroX
3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Cost is still an issue though, and I imagine it's probably still in short supply.

With the price tag of $1200, they should be able to cover the costs pretty well. Supply is my bet. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-pascal-gp102/

Spot on CUDA cores count from 2 months ago. 
ITs coming out very soon, makes me wonder if they release HBM2 version of it next year as planned or not.

Cant find it now but someone posted estimated prices for All Pascal GPUs and there was 1080ti for $999 which looking at Titan X makes sense. And it could be out in September/October and be brutal value/performance card if it really has only 500 less cuda cores than Titan X.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

16 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

This doesn't seem to leave room for a potential 1080Ti, because the Titan has only 12GB of VRAM.
Launching a 1080Ti with 12GB of VRAM and a few more cuda cores would seem kind of useless.

But launching it for a much lower price, say the price of a 1080, would make sense. Same story as 980Ti. 

that fkn cuda core count though....

was there no fancy press conference with unveiling and stuff?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

22 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

But launching it for a much lower price, say the price of a 1080, would make sense. Same story as 980Ti. 

But the 980Ti had less VRAM than the Titan X.
So that made at least a bit of sense.

9 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

But the 980Ti had less VRAM than the Titan X.
So that made at least a bit of sense.

Who knows, we might get 10 GB 1080Ti. Speculations. 

1 hour ago, mattebad said:

It's not even using HBM2, there is absolutely no reason for them to raise the price another $200 besides the fact that they are gouging their customers until Vega releases

GDDR5X will be fast enough (HBM2 is being used up for Teslas) and seeing how this is the Titan X successor and it's allegedly 60% faster, it isn't as bad as I thought. The Titan series was never about value and there's nothing AMD can do about it until Vega releases.

Also, it appears to be less of a 'gaming card' than the previous variant and more of a HPC card.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

3 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

GDDR5X?

Will we be seeing a V2 with HBM later?

I think next generation we will see it. Maybe on the next titan in ~1.5 years. HBMs yields are still probably not there and not worth it yet.

Gddr5X is fine for now. It is plenty fast, faster than GDDR5. Hypothetically speaking, If we were to slap some HBM2 on the new Titan X, im sure there wouldn't be much, if any performance increase. It's like putting 4gb or 8gb of ram with a 512 bit bus on a GT740, The core will never be powerful enough to effectively use it.

I'm going to wait for the 1080ti, seems more reasonable...

Oh yeah this card is called 'Nvidia Titan X' instead of 'GTX Titan X', it's not marketed towards gamers at all :o

2 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Wow Nvidia you are so fucking high... 

Titan P would've been a good name actually... 

Titan P... Titan Pee... Titan's Pee, gross.

Those clocks are really low. Looks like they're having a very hard time keeping it cool with the same old reference cooler. The same vapor chamber is having issues with the 1080, and the 250W Titan XP might be pushing it far too much.

Honestly I'm a little worried those low clocks mean it's not a huge jump over a 2Ghz 1080.

Then there's the fact that it has less CUDA cores than full P100, by a decent amount and is on a smaller die as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if next year we get a New New Titan X Black that's a full core with a better reference cooler, that also has better clocks.

Also the increase in price? Seems NVIDIA simply did raise the price on everything, and the new card came in where I expected. :/

My other issue is the constant price raising. I paid less on launch day last year for my EVGA Superclocked 980Tis, than a 1080 does on launch and now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new 1080Ti comes in at $900-950

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

44 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Who knows, we might get 10 GB 1080Ti. Speculations. 

Is that even possible? I thought i has to be 12,8 or 4GB.

I'm disappointed it doesn't have 3840 CUDA cores, just to keep with the resolution references :D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

17 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm disappointed it doesn't have 3840 CUDA cores, just to keep with the resolution references :D 

I'm disappointed it still uses the same old reference cooler. Not good enough  

much better than titan p, but what a beast! and yeah, 1080ti will end up better choice for gaming, ill stick to my 1080sli plan.

This is both good news and bad for me. My current plan to upgrade from my old HD 7870/720p TV set-up is to buy a 1080p card (RX 480, R9 390, GTX 1060), then buy a decent 2160p screen and game at 1080p, then buy a 4K capable GPU. 

The fact that this thing holds so much power bodes well for me that by the time I'm into that phase of saving and buying a 4K GPU there'll actually be some capable hardware as I still believe the GTX 1080 is too weak for perfect 4K gaming; looks like being patient and slumming nit with a four year old card is paying off. The price of the Titan X (Pascal) is insane though. I'm not sure how I'd justify that to my wife. I really hope that in a 12 to 18 months time AMD have kicked back with Vega and forced nVidia to start pricing competitively again so the market will hold something that'll do 2160p60 Ultra locked gaming for ~£600.

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

Is that even possible? I thought i has to be 12,8 or 4GB.

Iirc HBM is limited to 4,8 and 12, GDDR5X is free, like we got 6 GB GDDR5 980Ti and 1060. I'm sure someone will correct me. 

1 hour ago, gilang01 said:

I'm disappointed it still uses the same old reference cooler. Not good enough  

anyone who buys this better watercool it or else, so screw the cooler.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

5 hours ago, Valermos said:

Had my hopes for HBM2 memory but this is still a beast. For that price it better drown the 1080's.

Still hoping for a 1080ti.

Yeah, and its also $1200, a 1080 ti will probably be $800-$900

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

So much for HBM on the Titan. I guess if the 1080 Ti comes along now it will be GDDR5X also.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

Well now the question is will it support higher than 2 way SLI or ``will it even support SLI at all?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

6 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

I am guessing no 1080ti as this is GP102 and the full fat GP100 with HBM2 comes out in August so we will still have to wait.

Well it says this is coming in August, this is probably the card everyone keeps saying was coming out in August.

It wouldn't make any sense to release full fat a few weeks after they release this unless it's like $1500.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

They need to take lessons from Razer and call it the The New Titan X

Spoiler

I'm getting a sense of deja vu from the name...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?