NVIDIA Announces GP102-based TITAN X with 3,584 CUDA cores

RZeroX
1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

yeah then you bought into the hype and overpaid for a very bad graphics card...and you bought 2 of them...congrats son.

1v1 me firestrike bro

i rek u

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Just now, DXMember said:

1v1 me firestrike bro

i rek u

I rekt u with GTX 670 @ 7ghz.

E7-8890 V3 x2 , 12TB DDR4 @ 1866, Quadro K6000's + 2x GTX 1080's.

Just now, DXMember said:

1v1 me firestrike bro

i rek u

yeah...gaming experience though: I REK YOU

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

yeah...gaming experience though: I REK YOU

1v1 me on GTA V and Hitman

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

Just now, AresKrieger said:

Well true I never said it was a gaming card, 

I have the feeling that this Titan X will be NVIDIA's ultimatum for Pascal. It's a cut down chip and it already shows some signs that it's more of a HPC card than the previous Titan X. GDDR5X is where it's at for the moment for NVIDIA cards.

Vega should come with HBM2 but whether or not the performance matches this (considering billions was invested into NVIDIA's R&D) is another question.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, DXMember said:

GTX 670 rekt u @ 10ghz.

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

i'm SMOOTHER and more CONSISTENT...and for me this =  GOOD GAMING EXPERIENCE.

What you have there is a bruteforce machine that stutter.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Michael Jackson overclocked his Nvidia GPU.

i'm SMOOTHER and more CONSITENT...and for me this =  GOOD GAMING EXPERIENCE.

What you have there is a bruteforce machine that stutter.

GTFO OF MY HOUSE DUDE!!! Creeping is not cool, I'll call police if I see you gaming on my PC...

umm... I mean, can you back that up?

and yeah it does pretty good on compute stuff

4 minutes ago, Tom Hanks said:

GTX 670 rekt u @ 10ghz.

challenge accepted?

2 minutes ago, DXMember said:

and yeah it does pretty good on compute stuff

it sure does no question about it...and it must score insane in firestrike.

But i'm telling you: Gsync 1440p monitor and 980ti is where it's at.

Just now, DXMember said:

challenge accepted?

Bro don't ever challenge Nvidia, i mean it takes Pascal to get to 2.1ghz to beat Maxwell :P

9 minutes ago, Lays said:

If HBM2 is still extremely hard to get and in short supply, they'd probably have to raise the price even more, and it'd most likely have even worse quantity shipments vs the 1080, so it'd probably be impossible to get your hands on one. People would also be buying all the stock and re-selling it on ebay, just like they are on 1080's right now.

They're already having problems with 1080 development and shipment quantities, now try and make an even bigger chip with an even harder to get memory, and it'd be a nightmare. They'd either have to charge out the wazoo, or wait even longer to release it.

Well that's their problem... they launch a product, if they can't manufacture it it's their problem.

At that price point I wouldn't be surprise it costs less than half the price to produce it. That card is targeted at people who don't care to be overcharged because they're either super rich, absolute power users in machine learning or stupid gamers.

To me nvidia is full of shit, first the 1060 isn't as good as a 980, unlike advertised, and hbm 2.0 for pascal doesn't exist, unless they put it on the titan titan at 2000$or on the 1050?

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

don't need no GSync when you're 180 fps at 1440p on GTA V

GSync is a compromise for boys with little graphics cards that can't push above 60, those $200 are better put into performance parts

1 minute ago, laminutederire said:

Well that's their problem... they launch a product, if they can't manufacture it it's their problem.

At that price point I wouldn't be surprise it costs less than half the price to produce it. That card is targeted at people who don't care to be overcharged because they're either super rich, absolute power users in machine learning or stupid gamers.

To me nvidia is full of shit, first the 1060 isn't as good as a 980, unlike advertised, and hbm 2.0 for pascal doesn't exist, unless they put it on the titan titan at 2000$or on the 1050?

Just because it costs $500 to make it, doesn't mean that's the only thing that they have to make money on.

There's SO many more costs to a company and manufacturing.

Say it costs $500 to make one unit, but they spent 20 billion on research and development to learn how to make the chip in the first place, and then they spent another 5 billion on advertising, and another 10 billion on paying their employees.  So many more reasons and costs have to be added into the final products cost.

See what I'm getting at now?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Don't flatter yourself, the 980 Ti isn't a god sent. 

And whatever happened to "I'm out"? xD 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 minutes ago, DXMember said:

don't need no GSync when you're 180 fps at 1440p on GTA V

GSync is a compromise for boys with little graphics cards that can't push above 60, those $200 are better put into performance parts

you have no idea what you're talking about...i think you'd be blown away seeing a real smooth framepacing with no screen tear and no micro-stuttering for once in your life bro ;)

2 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Don't flatter yourself, the 980 Ti isn't a god sent. 

And whatever happened to "I'm out"? xD 

lol

you have no idea what you're talking about...i think you'd be blown away seeing a real smooth framepacing with no screen tear and no micro-stuttering for once in your life bro ;)

lol

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

980 Ti still stutters in modded skyrim. Boom. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Just now, Pohernori said:

980 Ti still stutters in modded skyrim. Boom. 

pff...i don't play DX9 games (except rocket league cause that one is actually a lot of fun :p)

...and also...i don,t beliieve you :P

Well Jay got lucky this time.... He gets to use new Titan xs in skunkworks rather than 1080s since he hasn't started it yet! 

As for the owner of red mist.... Not so fortunate. Though I have a feeling even he wouldn't really want to spend 2400 dollars on GPUs...

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

A lot of games stutter on different cards, would anyone care to post proof though?

Also i'm not stoked for this TITAN X.... it's basically like Nvidia rereleasing G80 as G92 except at least this has a performance increase.

Confusing fgts.

9 hours ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

the titans were never cards meant straight to gamers, the first titan was a good value for pros that required double precision, and the old titan x was mostly advertised for AI development, which with this new one they are doing the same, its for AI development.

Double precision without EEC memory is pretty damn useless. All it was good for was 3D-rendering and such with GPUs and the fact that it released a good time earlier than the actual gaming-level cards like GTX 780 and 780 Ti. Even then it was still somewhat useful for 3D-rendering because nVidia simply stopped releasing the double VRAM versions of their cards like they used to - yes GTX 780 had a 6GB version, but they were also pretty heftily priced and they only came out at the end of the whole chip's lifecycle. It was marketed for prosumers.... but the only thing useful was the increased VRAM.

Same thing with Titan X except it was now completely marketed for gamers and there was no prosumer angle to it. Kepler was stronger than Maxwell at computing, too.

pff...i don't play DX9 games (except rocket league cause that one is actually a lot of fun :p)

...and also...i don,t beliieve you :P

I don't even believe you own a 980 Ti. How bout that? 

And whatever happened to "this forum really sucks"?

5 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

lol

DXMember still has a better setup then you, and GSync is not relevant over the Hz range. And a single 980Ti on air is nothing special.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

you have no idea what you're talking about

for once in your life bro ;)

you don't know mem you don't know my life

seeing a real smooth framepacing with no micro-stuttering

let's agree to disagree