Would you date a drug user?

Noyu
10 hours ago, EarthboundHero said:

I mean, I dated a girl who smoked weed daily, and took ecstasy and acid whenever she went to a rave (Probably about monthly) I didn't really have an issue with it. I don't do any drugs by the way. But if I found out she was doing harder stuff, then we wouldn't have been together very long.

Though I do get mad when my current girlfriend drinks, so I guess it really depends on the person I'm dating. 

Can you elaborate why you get mad when your current girlfriend drinks? There's a difference between "Everytime she drinks she binge drinks and gets totally drunk" and "She has a couple drinks now and then".

IMO, there's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation. Hell, there are dozens of health benefits for drinking small amounts regularly (Eg: A beer or Wine with dinner). But of course, if she's getting hammered so badly that she spends the night puking, every weekend, that's much worse.

10 hours ago, EarthboundHero said:

Stuff that I think is more dangerous. Weed, ecstasy and acid aren't actively dangerous, at least not as far as I know.  I would've left because I don't want someone I care about to be hurting themselves. And if they don't listen to me when I tell them I don't like it, then I care more than they do and that's not a healthy relationship to be in.

Weed, yes. No healthy person has ever died directly because of weed. You can't OD and die from it. Worst case, if you smoke too much, you've got a 90% chance that you'll just pass out, and a 10% chance that you'll get sick.

As for Ecstasy - that drug can be extremely dangerous. You can OD, and die from it, if you take too much at once. In small amounts, it won't do any immediate damage, but I would still consider E a "hard" drug.

Acid (LSD) is a weird one. It entirely depends on your own biology. It has all the classic markers of a hard drug, and in some people, you can receive immediate and irreversible brain damage on your very first "hit" of Acid. However, most people can pretty much take as much of it as they want, and they won't be hurt. Sure, the more you take, the more insane/scary/crazy/intense your high will be (including crazy hallucinations), but after you sober up, most people are fine.

I personally wouldn't take anything aside from Weed, and casual beer drinking.

@Atmos I understand your points, but just an FYI, in places where Marijuana is legal (Whether from medical or recreational), assuming you're buying it from an authorized source, that money does not go into organized crime or towards terrorism. In fact, one of the biggest benefits of legalizing marijuana is of course, cutting into the profits of organized crime. Taking that money, putting it into the regulated economy with taxes and regulations and policing.

As for it being a Federal Crime in the US... well, that's just a matter of time before the US Government legalizes Recreational Use nation wide (Or removes it as an illegal drug, and leaves it up to individual states to legalize or criminalize as they desire). Canada should be seeing Recreational Marijuana Use legislation by sometime next year, according to cabinet insiders.

@Clonzoo FYI Acid is a "street name" for LSD. It stands for "Lysergic acid diethylamide". Fun fact, it was discovered entirely by accident in 1938! The psychedelic properties weren't discovered until 5 years later, then the inventor of the drug accidentally consumed an "unknown quantity" of the chemical... and then proceeded to become high as fuck.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

@Clonzoo FYI Acid is a "street name" for LSD. It stands for "Lysergic acid diethylamide". Fun fact, it was discovered entirely by accident in 1938! The psychedelic properties weren't discovered until 5 years later, then the inventor of the drug accidentally consumed an "unknown quantity" of the chemical... and then proceeded to become high as fuck.

Everytime I hear that name it reminds me of Fringe

If this is open for discussion still, I guess I'll add my opinion to OPs question.  Would I date a drug user?  As I already have, I'd have to say yes.  Granted (it depends on who you ask if it's considered a drug) the only drug she took heavily was weed, but she did snort crack a couple of times.  As for why I dated her?  I can only tell the truth and be blunt, the sex was great.  

By all means this isn't necessarily what you should do.  But I hope my answer at least gives some insight.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I've done so in the past (Drug addict, not just user), not again. It's just not worth the trouble. Don't get me wrong I'd still fuck a drug user but I wouldn't try to build a long term relationship: they already chosen a long term relationship with drugs anyway and being a mistress it's just fucking tiresome.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Can you elaborate why you get mad when your current girlfriend drinks? There's a difference between "Everytime she drinks she binge drinks and gets totally drunk" and "She has a couple drinks now and then".

IMO, there's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation. Hell, there are dozens of health benefits for drinking small amounts regularly (Eg: A beer or Wine with dinner). But of course, if she's getting hammered so badly that she spends the night puking, every weekend, that's much worse.

Weed, yes. No healthy person has ever died directly because of weed. You can't OD and die from it. Worst case, if you smoke too much, you've got a 90% chance that you'll just pass out, and a 10% chance that you'll get sick.

It's mostly due to the fact that she gets mad if I smoke, and that I've had bad experiences with people that drink. She only really drinks like twice yearly. Besides, we're 17. Drinking isn't a great plan right now.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

@Atmos I understand your points, but just an FYI, in places where Marijuana is legal (Whether from medical or recreational), assuming you're buying it from an authorized source, that money does not go into organized crime or towards terrorism. In fact, one of the biggest benefits of legalizing marijuana is of course, cutting into the profits of organized crime. Taking that money, putting it into the regulated economy with taxes and regulations and policing.

As for it being a Federal Crime in the US... well, that's just a matter of time before the US Government legalizes Recreational Use nation wide (Or removes it as an illegal drug, and leaves it up to individual states to legalize or criminalize as they desire). Canada should be seeing Recreational Marijuana Use legislation by sometime next year, according to cabinet insiders.

I was debating whether or not to lay some points out about marijuana; but decided against it for one reason or another because it would have just made an already long post even longer. I agree with you on the points you made, and in the US i have little reservations about that particular drug. Its not that harmful per-say, but smoking it still requires the inhalation of smoke which in long term burns the lungs and can cause a plethora of diseases and cancers. If you're going to get high on pot, just don't smoke it, eh; there are less harmful ways of getting that high. My one gripe with the drug is that it makes you feel okay with doing nothing, with being completely unproductive; When you could otherwise be making something of yourself. Though... most of us are barely productive as it is, so how much of a difference it would make if people stopped smoking would most likely be minor.

My only real issue with the stuff right now, is that the fed still considers pot illegal in the US; and considering that the fed already says that pot is illegal states have no legal right to make it legal in their districts; that's just the way our legal system is supposed to work. I feel that until the fed turns around and make marijuana legal, states should step back into line and follow the laws that established this country. Its not really a major thing, its more nit-picky than anything, but its just something that bothers me.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

No and i wouldnt even want make new friends with a drug addict. I would of course help a friend who has drug problems.

I personally would never have anything to do with a chronic drug user. I know some friends who have partaken in using weed every now and then. I also use to know people when I was in high school who did it on the daily. However it was just weed. I met one of the guys from highschool who did it daily years after college, and he stopped doing it. Got married and kids and whatnot, so you can stop being a weed-head. Can you really stop from being into coke, heroine, and others? I have no idea.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

11 hours ago, Nup said:

Have a short story, a summer maybe. I see nothing wrong with that. Especially if she's not pushy for you trying things. But be very weary, especially if enthralled and pushing negative notes to the side. 

This.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

So many posts to reply to.

I'm starting to realize I spend too much time in this forums HAHAHAA

anyhow, here goes.

9 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Date her casually. Dont get too attached or too deep. Be ready to end it at any time. Be more close firends who have sex that guy who cant let go of girl destroying herself.

But here's the thing, I'm not in it for the sex. Yea sure if she has sex with me, that would be nice, great even.

But sex is not what I want.

Call me naive or whatever, but I want a "relationship".

6 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

If this is open for discussion still, I guess I'll add my opinion to OPs question.  Would I date a drug user?  As I already have, I'd have to say yes.  Granted (it depends on who you ask if it's considered a drug) the only drug she took heavily was weed, but she did snort crack a couple of times.  As for why I dated her?  I can only tell the truth and be blunt, the sex was great.  

By all means this isn't necessarily what you should do.  But I hope my answer at least gives some insight.

See reply up top, not in it for the sex.

Hell I lasted 23 years of my miserable life not having sex, I can last a few years more.

I want someone to admire/adore.

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

No and i wouldnt even want make new friends with a drug addict. I would of course help a friend who has drug problems.

I'll edit the first post to specify USER and not addict.

1 hour ago, AlexTheRose said:

Haha you sir, have my like.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

4 hours ago, Noyu said:

See reply up top, not in it for the sex.

Hell I lasted 23 years of my miserable life not having sex, I can last a few years more.

I want someone to admire/adore.

Ah, I see now.  Still, as I said, what I did/said doesn't necessarily mean you should do it too.  It was simply some insight.  Quite frankly, after dating someone who was a drug user (could you call her an addict since it was mostly weed?) it's not worth it.  At first the relationship is great... but it does spin out.  You can admire/adore her all you want, their heart will be elsewhere though.  (As into their drugs)

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

2 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Ah, I see now.  Still, as I said, what I did/said doesn't necessarily mean you should do it too.  It was simply some insight.  Quite frankly, after dating someone who was a drug user (could you call her an addict since it was mostly weed?) it's not worth it.  At first the relationship is great... but it does spin out.  You can admire/adore her all you want, their heart will be elsewhere though.  (As into their drugs)

well then.

I've decided to go out with her AT LEAST one more time.

then I'll be telling her how I feel about her. HONESTLY, i like her, alot.

But I don't think it goes the other way around. I'm not sure. Her logic escapes me.

(e.g. she wants to be healthy; not eating rice, working out; but does drugs at least once a week)

(e.g. she hates rich fuccbois but she fools around with them as well.)

Anyways, if all goes well,

(1) she'll befriend me, and we'll stay friends. and I'll probably hangout with her once in a while

My fears though are these:

(2) she reciprocates my feelings, and I will now go fullon head-over-heels mode and forget who I am etc.

(3) she befriends me, but actually she just forgets about me.

Karamo

Spoiler

I guess if I had an SO did lighter drugs like Cannabis or Hallucinogens I wouldn't treat it as like an ice breaker because that'd be his choice and those aren't nearly as bad as other things. Actually I'd be totally fine with it if he used Cannabis because I think that should be legalized and regulated. But yeah if he did other harder drugs, it'd probably be a no go until he cleaned himself up from those drugs.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

18 hours ago, Noyu said:

She's scared of needles and AIDS etc. So I'm 95% sure she doesn't do heroin.

She snorts coke though (reason: to cheat her way when drinking), I think that's pretty hard already.

Apparently if you snort coke, your drunkiness goes away and you feel sober again. -__-

Well iirc heroin isn't just intravenously taken, If I'm not mistaken people can smoke it too. But maybe that's the 5% chance that she smokes it. 

15 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I guess if I had an SO did lighter drugs like Cannabis or Hallucinogens I wouldn't treat it as like an ice breaker because that'd be his choice and those aren't nearly as bad as other things. Actually I'd be totally fine with it if he used Cannabis because I think that should be legalized and regulated. But yeah if he did other harder drugs, it'd probably be a no go until he cleaned himself up from those drugs.

reaction: omg yer a girl (no offense)

8 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Well iirc heroin isn't just intravenously taken, If I'm not mistaken people can smoke it too. But maybe that's the 5% chance that she smokes it. 

yea I just checked.. apparently they use aluminum foil and whatnot (i just googled)

Karamo

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Noyu said:

reaction: omg yer a girl (no offense)

Lol I'm male both gender identity wise and biologically. 

This is my profile's signature

9824.PNG

Notice that first line of text. I think it may have the answer.

4 minutes ago, Noyu said:

yea I just checked.. apparently they use aluminum foil and whatnot (i just googled)

See I was pretty sure it was could be smoked too.

22 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Lol I'm male both gender identity wise and biologically. 

This is my profile's signature

9824.PNG

Notice that first line of text. I think it may have the answer.

See I was pretty sure it was could be smoked too.

oh i get it now lol shit im sorry. haha

Karamo

Spoiler

No. I don't date degenerates.

I'm fairly certain you can pull someone much better that isn't a cocaine user. What makes this girl so special?

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

6 minutes ago, noobadin said:

No. I don't date degenerates.

I'm fairly certain you can pull someone much better that isn't a cocaine user. What makes this girl so special?

she da first girl I dated

she's different from what I was expecting

she gives off rainbows to my B&W life.

but mostly because she's the first girl I've ever dated ahahahahaha

Karamo

Spoiler

so.. i wont date a drug user, not because they're a drug user, but because that more than likely comes with other "personality" concerns i rather dont deal with.

(same reason avid tumblr users and most of the brony community is off my list as well.)

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

so.. i wont date a drug user, not because they're a drug user, but because that more than likely comes with other "personality" concerns i rather dont deal with.

(same reason avid tumblr users and most of the brony community is off my list as well.)

aaaah. I get you. hmmm

Karamo

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Noyu said:

aaaah. I get you. hmmm

never date bronies, it's a nightmare... you'll be forced to watch the most horrible fanmade crap all day, and be forced to have a (positive) opinion about it... :P

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

never date bronies, it's a nightmare... you'll be forced to watch the most horrible fanmade crap all day, and be forced to have a (positive) opinion about it... :P

aren't

bronies

guys

soo

yea, I don't swing that way.

Karamo

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Noyu said:

aren't

bronies

guys

soo

yea, I don't swing that way.

not necessarily, but for all intents and purposes they're all parking meters.