Post your Cinebench R20+15+R11.5+2003 Scores **Don't Read The OP PLZ**

Message added by SansVarnic

Please <SNIP> large quotes.

Save an Electron . . . <snip> always.

9 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

1.45V for slightly over 4GHz does not sound fun at all. 

wow

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

1.45V for slightly over 4GHz does not sound fun at all. 

I am actually not sure... lol

The cpu runs at 1.432V out of the box on auto, so 1.45V is not that far from "stock".

Also, I can not quite get a grasp of the temps the cpu is actually running at. Ryzen Master does read one sensor that seems to be something like "package temp", but it is highly inconsistent. At the same volts with the same stress test running, it sometimes shows 72°C, sometimes 84°C, sometimes 60°C. Seems like AMD is more guessing or calculating than actually measuring.

What has also had a huge effect on temps is the 1.8V PLL voltage. With the out of the box bios 0604, it was always at pinned at 1.8V, which was too low and caused instability in the system. With the latest bios update to 0702, it now scales with cpu voltage. A core voltage of 1.4V in turn causes a 1.8V PLL voltage of 2.1V. This is waaaaay toooo high and causes the cpu to become lava under load with ryzen master showing temps in the 80s and 90s.

Setting the 1.8V PLL voltage to 1.85V is stable and claims back some more thermal headroom again, which in turn allows for higher core voltage. This and 1.45V core is the max I can get out of this cpu with this cooler and call "benchmark stable", though I would not run this 24/7.

Crazy stuff I witnessed on my first Ryzen oc day, I tell you.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Incoming cinebench from ubuntu with wine.

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

My new rig works! Ran cinebench in wine1.8. wine told cinebench that it was windows 7. I have a Xeon e3 1240 v5 at stock and turbo up to 3.9ghz 4c/8t. Sorry there is no cpu-z, wine did not like it.

ubuntu cinebench.jpg

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

1 hour ago, skullbringer said:

I am actually not sure... lol

The cpu runs at 1.432V out of the box on auto, so 1.45V is not that far from "stock".

Also, I can not quite get a grasp of the temps the cpu is actually running at. Ryzen Master does read one sensor that seems to be something like "package temp", but it is highly inconsistent. At the same volts with the same stress test running, it sometimes shows 72°C, sometimes 84°C, sometimes 60°C. Seems like AMD is more guessing or calculating than actually measuring.

What has also had a huge effect on temps is the 1.8V PLL voltage. With the out of the box bios 0604, it was always at pinned at 1.8V, which was too low and caused instability in the system. With the latest bios update to 0702, it now scales with cpu voltage. A core voltage of 1.4V in turn causes a 1.8V PLL voltage of 2.1V. This is waaaaay toooo high and causes the cpu to become lava under load with ryzen master showing temps in the 80s and 90s.

Setting the 1.8V PLL voltage to 1.85V is stable and claims back some more thermal headroom again, which in turn allows for higher core voltage. This and 1.45V core is the max I can get out of this cpu with this cooler and call "benchmark stable", though I would not run this 24/7.

Crazy stuff I witnessed on my first Ryzen oc day, I tell you.

You are using the old bios. The Beta one released to public today so I would recommend trying that. That 702 bios has a lot of issues. The msi first bios is also terrible. I think the Gigabyte board has the least issues and biostar is best lol. You can't even buy the biostar yet though. 

My 1800x and prime x370 pro come on Monday. :D

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 minute ago, Jumper118 said:

You are using the old bios. The Beta one released to public today so I would recommend trying that. That 702 bios has a lot of issues. The msi first bios is also terrible. I think the Gigabyte board has the least issues and biostar is best lol. You can't even buy the biostar yet though. 

ah nice, will try the beta bios tomorrow! thx

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

1 minute ago, Jumper118 said:

Looking forward to hearing about it man!

I don't think you'll be getting that 2000cb + on water though.  xD

8 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Looking forward to hearing about it man!

I don't think you'll be getting that 2000cb + on water though.  xD

Yeah no chance. Both windows and bios's are all bad atm. We will be well over 2000cb on Ln2 though as it scales with cold nicely. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Just now, Jumper118 said:

Yeah no chance. Both windows and bios's are all bad atm. We will be well over 2000cb on Ln2 though as it scales with cold nicely. 

Yeah, it's too bad that they tuned the chip pretty much to its limits with ambient.  Smart?  Yes.  Fun?  No.

13 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Yeah, it's too bad that they tuned the chip pretty much to its limits with ambient.  Smart?  Yes.  Fun?  No.

TBH, I don't think that AMD had enthusiasts in mind when they designed Ryzen... They were targeting mainstream users who don't really care about OCing or Quad Channel DDR4 etc. :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

as the guy from tech city says turbo noobs :P 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

TBH, I don't think that AMD had enthusiasts in mind when they designed Ryzen... They were targeting mainstream users who don't really care about OCing or Quad Channel DDR4 etc. :D

They sure didn't.

Anyways, I used the " @Jumper118 mod" last night and will be doing some more today.   Check out max core temps during a Cinebench run @ 5.5 GHz.  :D  Hopefully 5.6 today/tonight!

Max temps during initial Cinebech runs at 5.5 GHz were 47c.

20170303_214203.jpg

Here's 5.6 GHz CPU / 4.9 GHz cache up and running at 1.52v.  :D

20170303_231945.jpg

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Dayum! How many cb did you get at 5.5GHz? :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

They sure didn't.

Anyways, I used the " @Jumper118 mod" last night and will be doing some more today.   Check out max core temps during a Cinebench run @ 5.5 GHz.  :D  Hopefully 5.6 today/tonight!

Here's 5.6 GHz CPU / 4.9 GHz cache up and running at 1.52v.  :D

i want to see the picture of the frost on you KB like this

1738790.jpg

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

i want to see the picture of the frost on you KB like this

Cool pic, but not happening buddy.  I did all of mine from the inside via a glass door.  lol  Wireless keyboards RULE!!!

Dayum! How many cb did you get at 5.5GHz? :D

1241cb so far, but like a dummy, I didn't save it because I knew higher ones were to come.  1238cb @ 5.5 GHz was the best after that one so I saved it.  I get some more runs in tonight.  I was still figuring shit out on the first attempt.

Just now, done12many2 said:

Cool pic, but not happening buddy.  I did all of mine from the inside via a glass door.  lol  Wireless keyboards RULE!!!

pic of system outside then :P 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

pic of system outside then :P 

I'll get some tonight for ya.  Wheels on my case literally make this process so simple.  Takes 2 or 3 minutes to set everything up.

Oh and temp drops are almost instant once that cold air hits them rad fans!

So sed...wanted a little out of my 5820K where even at 1.35V for 4.4GHz, it wasn't stable...2 seconds of aida and bam, BSOD...

Plus, I once tried 4.5GHz with 1.42V and lets say...BSODed as well...I cri everytiem ;-; 

4.2GHz at 1.28v will have to do then :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

So sed...wanted a little out of my 5820K where even at 1.35V for 4.4GHz, it wasn't stable...2 seconds of aida and bam, BSOD...

Plus, I once tried 4.5GHz with 1.42V and lets say...BSODed as well...I cri everytiem ;-; 

4.2GHz at 1.28v will have to do then :/ 

When did you get your 5820K?

53 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

They sure didn't.

MFW there's speed: 

gDPOGF0.jpg

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

When did you get your 5820K?

March 2016 I think...

edit: I mean I did a cinebench run at 4.4GHz and it finished fine with a score of 1288 but...me want it stable :/ 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

March 2016 I think...

And it can't get to 4.5GHz? You are very unlucky my friend :D Which batch number?

And it can't get to 4.5GHz? You are very unlucky my friend :D Which batch number?

No idea? I CBA uninstalling my cooler to check...

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

No idea? I CBA uninstalling my cooler to check...

Have you kept your CPU's box?

Have you kept your CPU's box?

Ermmmm...kinda was an "OEM" chip :P 

I mean at a price of 70-100 quid cheaper than a "retail" 5820K, it was a no brainer...at least to meh