Chris Evans has QUIT Top Gear!

What do you think?

I really didn't like him and I'm glad he's quit, but fair play to him for having the humility to step down.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266

I wont miss him. Even if he was being himself, he just seemed too much of a Clarkson wannabe, but with an extremely annoying voice. The other presenters are ok in their own way, but I'm not convinced the ingredients are there to make a screen chemistry like the old trio. I'm also not convinced that keeping largely the same formula is a good idea, and they could/should have tried something more different. 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I dont like Chris Evans, but I was not expecting that. I guess all negative press has got to him.

I just hope next series BBC makes makes Chris Harris, Rory Reid and Matt LeBlanc the main presenters. Don't think Eddie Jordon or Sabine has added anything to the presenting, no need for them.

I shall now await Grand Tour featuring Clarkson, Hammond and the Old Lady (nickname Clarkson given to James May on twitter)

he had a good run but it's fair play to step down. as far as who can replace him... there are a couple of good candidates. 

16 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

I dont like Chris Evans, but I was not expecting that. I guess all negative press has got to him.

I just hope next series BBC makes makes Chris Harris, Rory Reid and Matt LeBlanc the main presenters. Don't think Eddie Jordon or Sabine has added anything to the presenting, no need for them.

I shall now await Grand Tour featuring Clarkson, Hammond and the Old Lady (nickname Clarkson given to James May on twitter)

the problem with chris harris becoming the host is that he's a little too technical. the segments he has done in the main show are great, mind you, but only because he acted in a script. something like the online series he was faithfully given and heavily resembles his Youtube series. and if you've watched the alfa romeo bit that came out on the TG website, he is way too technical for the general TG audience. 

I genuinely don't think he's as bad as everyone says.

I also think everyone should have given the show more of a chance. It takes more than one season of a show to develop chemistry.

That said, Matt LeBlanc made his dissent clear and declared it was either him or Chris that leaves...and Chris took him up on that.

Oh well. We'll see what happens later.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Well, good, from all of them he was the worst soo i'm happy with this.

He tried to be too exited and the show didn't feel natural but oh well... Let's hope September brings some nice stuff on television.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, porina said:

I wont miss him. Even if he was being himself, he just seemed too much of a Clarkson wannabe, but with an extremely annoying voice.

Couldn't agree more.

I kinda feel bad for him though. He tried so hard to make it work.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

Will be interesting to see what they do, not surprised this happened all I do know is I'm looking forward to The Grand Tour when that comes out :P 

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

top gear will die. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I honestly think they fired him and just let him make it look like he's taking the high road... it's better for BBC and for Evans like this. 

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

honestly i kinda liked evans. he was kinda perky and i like a perky person. at least he tried. kinda sad the media just turned against him.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Haven't watched the new series. How is Sabine in it? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

6 hours ago, Nup said:

Haven't watched the new series. How is Sabine in it? 

She doesn't appear all that much, but she's decently good. Better than Evans, anyway.

There was an article I read later saying that the new top gear was just a bad copy of the previous one and I agree. There's not much new and improved whilst there's a lot of stuff they're doing much worse on 

5 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

She doesn't appear all that much, but she's decently good. Better than Evans, anyway.

I remember her being pretty entertaining in the Nuremberg van episode. A funny cast they choose. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Top Gear is doomed to fail obviously.

If Clarkson Hammon and May would sign a contract by any other large television station, then top gear will be over.

BBC simply made the biggest mistake in history.

And they know it.

The BBC deserve to fall and crumble.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

28 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

BBC simply made the biggest mistake in history.

And they know it.

I don't think the BBC made any mistake with Clarkson. Let's not forget the events leading to his non-return, that was a major cockup even by Clarkson standards. The problem always was that Clarkson doesn't hold back on what he says, and a risk adverse organisation like the BBC simply can't handle that.

Arguably the mistakes are post-Clarkson. What do they do with Top Gear? They obviously haven't found the answer in Chris, but I don't think they've given up trying. I don't know how long they'll try... in my opinion the biggest problem was carrying on "business as normal", when clearly it wasn't. I still think they need to be brave and more radically shake things up, and turn it into something new.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

7 minutes ago, porina said:

I don't think the BBC made any mistake with Clarkson. Let's not forget the events leading to his non-return, that was a major cockup even by Clarkson standards. The problem always was that Clarkson doesn't hold back on what he says, and a risk adverse organisation like the BBC simply can't handle that.

Arguably the mistakes are post-Clarkson. What do they do with Top Gear? They obviously haven't found the answer in Chris, but I don't think they've given up trying. I don't know how long they'll try... in my opinion the biggest problem was carrying on "business as normal", when clearly it wasn't. I still think they need to be brave and more radically shake things up, and turn it into something new.

Well i think that the BBC has simply thought that they should continue with the succes formule they had.

But the problem is that a presentor pretty much makes a program to a succes formule that it has became.

If you take that vital element out, the whole formule wont work anymore.

They indeed had to come with a totaly diffrent setup.

But i´m not sure if they have the creativity to do that honnestly.

I knew after the first episode of season 23 BBC digged Top Gear an early grave

I saw this

Still haven't stopped laughing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm not going to be losing sleep over this one. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro