Polish magazines RX480 benchmarks leaked - performance under 970

d0nsen
Go to solution Solved by Trixanity,

Well, it has been officially confirmed. zMeul has blocked half of the LTT forum members because they've proven him wrong. What an exciting debate culture, isn't it?

It's kinda like when as a kid, you'd play with your friend and when he was about to lose he ripped the controller out of your hands or shut off the Playstation so you couldn't win. That's the kinda guy he is.

Also, while he won't be able to read this: common sense dictates that if you feel like one person acts like an asshole, then that person is probably an asshole. If you find that everyone acts like an asshole, you're probably the asshole.

I'll let that one sink in.

finnish HW site: http://muropaketti.com/

Tomorrow is yes like this AMD vs NVIDIA saga of a volcanic eruption that branches off after the articles are online articles worth paying attention to at least the fact that whether the tests run in an open test bench vs closed box and whether the tester perception to observe the actual clock frequencies, for example. Overclock vs staring at the GPU Z counts. 

http://murobbs.muropaketti.com/threads/amd-polaris-gcn4-spekulaatiothreadi.1275297/page-53#post-1717503171

6 hours ago, zMeul said:

380X perf for 380X price .. who knew xD

hint hint all those months ago when I told you 480 will be at around 380X perf xD

Well this is just a leaked performance score, not representative of what we might see from benches from like LTT, or HardwareCanucks, etc.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

8392.PNG

Cool free shipping, and they include tax. Amazon.fr is so much nicer than Amazon.com.

(I know some French)

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Cool free shipping, and they include tax. Amazon.fr is so much nicer than Amazon.com.

(I know some French)

All prices in the EU include tax because it is illegal to not include it. Nothing special... Free shiping is nothing special too if you buy a product that costs more then 30 €

Look at this. It's called being in stock.

WC8OzDE.jpg

So if you pick one up, you'll be happy about either the 4 or 8 GB version. Only downside is you won't get the perfect Nvidia experience like the 970 does: 

EEvnOtB.gif

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

All prices in the EU include tax because it is illegal to not include it. Nothing special... Free shiping is nothing special too if you buy a product that costs more then 30 €

Hmm that's right one of the benefits of the EU and the UK wants to leave it. Tsk tsk. (anti-EU/Pro-Brexiters no h8 pls just trying to make a joke)

Yeah Amazon in the US charges for shipping regardless and doesn't include tax. Which I guess is understandable but I'd presume that it already knows that I'm connecting to them from the US and more particularly or at least from Minnesota.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Hmm that's right one of the benefits of the EU and the UK wants to leave it. Tsk tsk. (anti-EU/Pro-Brexiters no h8 pls just trying to make a joke)

Yeah Amazon in the US charges for shipping regardless and doesn't include tax. Which I guess is understandable but I'd presume that it already knows that I'm connecting to them from the US and more particularly or at least from Minnesota.

@Teddy07 Well unless you're an amazon prime member then you get free shipping on everything or most things.

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

@Teddy07 Well unless you're an amazon prime member then you get free shipping on everything or most things.

Unless you're in ireland, in which case the only thing Amazon Prime gets you is their TV crap, and never any decent free shipping bar snail mail.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

18 minutes ago, zMeul said:

That's so damn expensive.

200 dollars in the US.

300 dollars in France.

320 dollars in Sweden.

And people accuse Nvidia of price gouging... I get that there is VAT included in the European prices but come the fuck on... We don't have 50-60% tax.

I really hope that's not what the card will actually cost when it is released in all stores.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Yeah, the EU is very pro-consumer, so they're forcing the seller to list the final price up front, which is fantastic. The whole idea of listing all prices without taxes is ridiculous, when you will have to pay the tax at checkout anyway (unless you live in a state that has no sales tax). I know it's to make products appear cheaper than they are to attract buyers just like the whole $99.99 scheme where you subtract a cent to make it look cheaper too but it's very underhanded in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, zMeul said:

of what, mate?

I'm basing my comment on months and months of data that places RX480 exactly where the polish magazine puts it - and I've said it many months ago, way before all these leaks existed

but we'll have the definitive answer to that question soon enough

---

here's something else: https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1610538-1-1.html

72wFhzs.png

So you're still wrong from our past encouters? I don't see it performing the same as a 380X :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

5 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

That's so damn expensive.

200 dollars in the US.

300 dollars in France.

320 dollars in Sweden.

And people accuse Nvidia of price gouging... I get that there is VAT included in the European prices but come the fuck on... We don't have 50-60% tax.

I really hope that's not what the card will actually cost when it is released in all stores.

In the UK the price is going to be £220 for the 8GB, and that's only if the £ doesn't weaken again.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29705935&postcount=8545

As I'm in Ireland I need to buy from the UK unless I want to pay 50% more for retail prices in Ireland, so for me the card with shipping will cost £245 +3% extra irish vat = ~€300 as well.

Hi there

Well $239 / 1.45 = £165 x 20% VAT = just shy of £200, yes the plan was to hit £199 with 8G !!! NO CHANCE NOW! 

But now $239 / 1.31 = £182 x 20% VAT = near as dammit £220.

£20 increase on such a low price part because we left EU, on cards such as 1080 the price increase is simply too saddening.

Come on UK, sort it out, get the pound back upto at least 1.40 your ruining the economy!

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

In the UK the price is going to be £220 for the 8GB, and that's only if the £ doesn't weaken again.

As I'm in Ireland I need to buy from the UK unless I want to pay 50% more for retail prices in Ireland, so for my the card with shipping will cost £245 +3% extra irish vat = ~€300 as well

expected with the 4GB being close to 200 :P (a website leaked it to cost 235 pounds with a mis-post so I was expecting 200-225 for the 8GB model anyway :D ). But still...the eu referendum fucked us over :( 

160W power draw .. that's pathetic; it's 10W more than the GTX1070

it draws the same amount as a reference GTX970, for arguably the same perf ... that GloFo 14nm FinFET node is utter shit

I expect the 4 GB model to cost €250 and the 8 GB to cost €300 in the EU. It's pretty much just the name of the game for all products.

25 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Look at this. It's called being in stock.

WC8OzDE.jpg

So if you pick one up, you'll be happy about either the 4 or 8 GB version. Only downside is you won't get the perfect Nvidia experience like the 970 does: 

EEvnOtB.gif

Holy macaroni that's a lot of RX480s.

Ye ole' train

7 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

I expect the 4 GB model to cost €250 and the 8 GB to cost €300 in the EU. It's pretty much just the name of the game for all products.

OcUK have already said they're pricing the 8GB at £220, and it was going to be £200 before the Pound took a nose dive in value.

If I buy from Ireland it'll be €300 to get it with express shipping, without shipping the price is €275

6 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

It's funny because $199 is like €180 when converted directly. What's the €50 about, just taxing?

We EU guys get absolutely buttfucked when it comes to taxes and computer parts, or electronics in general.

Ye ole' train

20 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

As I'm in Ireland I need to buy from the UK unless I want to pay 50% more for retail prices in Ireland, so for me the card with shipping will cost £245 +3% extra irish vat = ~€300 as well.

Wow... So you will be able to get a brand new GTX 970 for less (right now it's 209 pounds).

If those prices are correct then we will barely get any price:performance increase.

17 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

expected with the 4GB being close to 200 :P (a website leaked it to cost 235 pounds with a mis-post so I was expecting 200-225 for the 8GB model anyway :D ). But still...the eu referendum fucked us over :( 

It's not the EU referendum that is fucking you over. Look at the Swedish and French prices I posted above. They are just as fucked. So three counties with three difference currencies are getting screwed.

Not even the GTX 1080, despite the extreme lack of stock, seems to have that big of a price difference compared to the US prices.

11 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

That's still way too much for what the VAT and other costs should add.

Usually, 1 USD = 1 Euro is pretty accurate when taking the VAT and other additional costs into consideration. Now we got "1 USD = 1 Euro, plus another 15%".

6 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

It's funny because $199 is like €180 when converted directly. What's the €50 about, just taxing?

We EU guys get absolutely buttfucked when it comes to taxes and computer parts, or electronics in general.

Taxes and other expenses should only cover ~50 euro out of the extra ~100 euro AMD are asking. The remaining 50 euro goes... Somewhere (AMD's pocket maybe?).

I don't want to say money grab but... It totally smells like price gouging from AMD.

Edit: Fixed prices to account for 4GB vs 8GB model.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

It's not the EU referendum that is fucking you over. Look at the Swedish and French prices I posted above. They are just as fucked. So three counties with three difference currencies are getting screwed.

Not even the GTX 1080, despite the extreme lack of stock, seems to have that big of a price difference compared to the US prices.

Look at the OCuk EMPLOYEE's post, the 8GB was originally going to cost either 200 or a touch over 200 pounds...not 220 :/ 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Look at the OCuk EMPLOYEE's post, the 8GB was originally going to cost either 200 or a touch over 200 pounds...not 220 :/ 

And look at the price of it in Sweden and France. Still way too expensive, and neither the Euro nor the Swedish krona fell in value after the UK voted to leave EU.

To me it sounds like the person at OcUK is doing damage control. The pound being weak does not explain why the price is so high in other countries.

That's an overclocked 970 and you still have the drivers part that is not cleared out

23 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Technically the UK is still in the EU, and hasn't invoked Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty at least yet. If any of the future PMs don't invoke it. The UK would still technically be part of the EU. They could hold a referendum to basically say whether or not they will actually invoke it. I think what this vote does more so, just starts talks about maybe actually invoking Article 50. I know I'm not a Brit or a European but still if they leave it would be catastrophic for the world's economy under the guise of freedom and democracy when the UK has both of those. I know the EU isn't a very democratic thing, but at least it does try to have good intentions. Even though it's not perfect. But that uncertainty has really hurt the Stirling Pound, I think that if they ultimately do remain that it could restore some value to the Pound. But if they do invoke Article 50, the Pound will be worthless for many years.