Polish magazines RX480 benchmarks leaked - performance under 970

d0nsen
Go to solution Solved by Trixanity,

Well, it has been officially confirmed. zMeul has blocked half of the LTT forum members because they've proven him wrong. What an exciting debate culture, isn't it?

It's kinda like when as a kid, you'd play with your friend and when he was about to lose he ripped the controller out of your hands or shut off the Playstation so you couldn't win. That's the kinda guy he is.

Also, while he won't be able to read this: common sense dictates that if you feel like one person acts like an asshole, then that person is probably an asshole. If you find that everyone acts like an asshole, you're probably the asshole.

I'll let that one sink in.

18 hours ago, Valentyn said:

Oh nice, so it's $209 for a 24" 1080 144hz Freesync monitor.

Darn nice budget monitor with nice features.

It cost me $270 for 1080p 27" 60Hz LED backlit screen...after years of smooth gameplay at 85Hz on my old LCD monitor (note that it competed with CRT in colour reproduction, refresh rate and supported resolutions when it was released in 2002-2004) I kind of hate 60fps (and I am serious-if it wasn't for the resolution of the LCD monitor plus lack of any digital input I'd still be using it).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

31 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I really like to see that magical 150$ VRR monitor

Good because it's been linked at least four times, you've just chosen to ignore facts that don't support your opinion.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Good because it's been linked at least four times, you've just chosen to ignore facts that don't support your opinion.

maybe I've missed it or you didn't quoted or mention me in your post

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

maybe I've missed it or you didn't quoted or mention me in your post

You were quoted when the screen was mentioned.....probably a good idea to remove people from your block list.

PMSL

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

probably a good idea to remove people from your block list

absolutely not gonna happen

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

It helps though. I found that if people are enough of an ass they end up getting banned-had a few people who used to be on my block list end up that way.

PMSL

Just now, zMeul said:

thing is, ur not adding people that spam or insult to that list, your adding everyone calling you out on your bullshit. w/e, modmail is on its way

4 minutes ago, d0nsen said:

thing is, ur not adding people that spam or insult to that list

you know this for a fact or ...?! might wanna ask around (mods too) how often I get insulted

Just now, zMeul said:

you know this for a fact or just blowing steam?! might wanna ask around (mods too) how often I get insulted

why would i? i dont care a single bit about you, only thing im seeing is this:

u troll

person calls your bullshit out (like this monitor, that people you replied to quoted you and posted the link about 4 times now)

u block said person

u act like nothing happened and continue to derail threads

its the same scheme over and over. nobody needs that in a discussion board.

1 minute ago, d0nsen said:

i dont care a single bit about you

and you bother replying to my posts, because ?!

as for the thing with the monitor, I replayed and laughed at it - people bought that?! I pity them

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

as for the thing with the monitor, I replayed and laughed at it - people bought that?! I pity them

Almost as much as I pity those who buy into some of the erroneous and baseless bullshit you spew no matter how many times you were proven wrong.

And there is nothing wrong with that AOC monitor, hell im happily using a Samsung 245bw from probably nearly a decade ago, and I could easily afford to upgrade if I wanted to, but there just isn't much of a compelling reason (lack of IPS/not amazing vibrancy is annoying, but not $100+ annoying).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, zMeul said:

see, thats the other thing you narcissist dont get. i care about discussion, not the participants. only case that changes is when people intentionally troll because that got boring around 2003. but w/e, i guess this is a valid one for just blocking, mods can figure out what to do with such people.

5 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

And there era is nothing wrong with that AOC monitor

no, what about the VRR window .. or you should just ignore it, because oh wait ... that wasn't the reason you bought a VRR monitor in the 1st place

also the point of this whole debate around cheap VRR monitors

no no, go buy it! I personally recommend it - you'll have a stutter and tearing free experience :dry:

10 minutes ago, zMeul said:

no, what about the VRR window .. or you should just ignore it, because oh wait ... that wasn't the reason you bought a VRR monitor in the 1st place

also the point of this whole debate around cheap VRR monitors

no no, go buy it! I personally recommend it - you'll have a stutter and tearing free experience :dry:

Last I checked the whole VRR thing was suggested in response to your '50fps is crap' response, and seeing as how 50 falls between 48 and 75 I see no problem here.

21 hours ago, Sakkura said:

50 FPS vs. 40 FPS is a big difference. 

21 hours ago, zMeul said:

no it's not

50 is just like everything between 30 and 60 - you will have tearing and stutter all over; you either cap at 30 or 60, if you can

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Last I checked the whole VRR thing was suggested in response to your '50fps is crap' response, and seeing as how 50 falls between 48 and 75 I see no problem here.

yeah, as I said .. go buy it

end of discussion

I'm little bit confident about the 1060 will be faster than 970.

So.....

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Well, it has been officially confirmed. zMeul has blocked half of the LTT forum members because they've proven him wrong. What an exciting debate culture, isn't it?

It's kinda like when as a kid, you'd play with your friend and when he was about to lose he ripped the controller out of your hands or shut off the Playstation so you couldn't win. That's the kinda guy he is.

Also, while he won't be able to read this: common sense dictates that if you feel like one person acts like an asshole, then that person is probably an asshole. If you find that everyone acts like an asshole, you're probably the asshole.

I'll let that one sink in.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

Almost as much as I pity those who buy into some of the erroneous and baseless bullshit you spew no matter how many times you were proven wrong.

And there is nothing wrong with that AOC monitor, hell im happily using a Samsung 245bw from probably nearly a decade ago, and I could easily afford to upgrade if I wanted to, but there just isn't much of a compelling reason (lack of IPS/not amazing vibrancy is annoying, but not $100+ annoying).

Story of my life-love using the old screen as I'd have to pay a lot to get the same colour quality+frame rate+viewing angles. Had to replace it though as 1024x768 just wasn't enough screen space any more.

PMSL

14 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Story of my life-love using the old screen as I'd have to pay a lot to get the same colour quality+frame rate+viewing angles. Had to replace it though as 1024x768 just wasn't enough screen space any more.

That's not even the case for me. It's a 60hz 1920x1200 monitor with mediocre vibrancy (compared to an IPS display -- like my P2414H it looks pretty drab, but compared to my XL2411Z it's definitely worse, but it's not really that big a deal) and viewing angles similar to that of modern TN panels. I'm not keeping it because it's superior at anything but rather because I don't feel like spending $150~ to replace it with an IPS panel (or $300~ if I went 4k) because frankly as long as I'm not using it in conjunction with an IPS panel the color accuracy doesn't really bother me. Although, ironically, I could have sold it and bought a new monitor and likely saved money because of the energy efficiency alone.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 hours ago, zMeul said:

get out of here ... AOC G2260VWQ6 VRR window 48-75Hz - no wonder it's cheap

It has a 30-75Hz VRR window.

This 22 inch (21,5'' to be exact) Full HD monitor features a 75Hz panel with FreeSync, with a dynamic refresh rate of 30-75Hz.

https://us.hardware.info/reviews/6417/2/aoc-gaming-monitors-review-for-every-budget-aoc-g2260vwq6