What tech company do you hate the most? Why?

Go to solution Solved by Zentex,

Does EA count as a tech company?

2 minutes ago, Hero7750 said:

Right now nvidia because their gpu prices are ridiculous. 

Except the 9 series... They're shooting down.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

1 minute ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Except the 9 series... They're shooting down.

Cause they don't support DX12 properly :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Cause they don't support DX12 properly :D

Name 5 games that use DX12.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Name 5 games that use DX12.

Ashes
Hitman
Quantum Break
Fable
Tomb Raider 2016
Total War Warhammer

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Ashes
Hitman
Quantum Break
Fable
Tomb Raider 2016
Total War Warhammer

They work fine on the 9 series though, don't they?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, Jonnyswboy said:

I don't like MacOS or IOS as much as the next guy, but it's not a reason to hate a company. 

OS X/macOS isn't that bad, at least when I last used (Mountain Lion/10.8) it back in like 2012-2013 but agreed

33 minutes ago, Prysin said:

#3 Razer/Logitech -> Fanboy companies that spend more time pleasing the plebs then producing quality ass stuff

TRIGGERED /s

Seriously though, how the fuck is Logitech spending more time pleasing the plebs? Logitech makes a whole lot of stuff that isn't just for the PC. I don't have any reason to hate Logitech. Logitech seems like a pretty decent company. 

31 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

For Cases, Phanteks, BeQuiet! and NZXT.

What's wrong with all three of them? Geez

15 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I don't hate any companies, I just dislike what these companies are doing:

Logitech

Razer

Apple

Nvidia

Asus

Acer

Intel

Gigabyte

Corsair

Creative

Massdrop

EA

Then what do you like besides Zowie and Lenovo. 

I don't mind Lenovo either but considering that Superfish malware stuff from a year or two ago and just recently I think the Lenovo Update Center was also found to have similar issues to the Superfish thing but I think it was a vulnerability more so.
So Lenovo is by no means any better.

4 minutes ago, Hero7750 said:

Right now nvidia because their gpu prices are ridiculous. 

But is it? $420 for the EVGA ACX 3.0 non-SC GTX 1070 when it gets in stock. I agree Nvidia is needing some competition because it already has been getting Intel treatment in the PC market. 

Spoiler

892.PNG

Spoiler

903.PNG

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

They work fine on the 9 series though, don't they?

Sure, if you can live with slightly lower performance than under DX11 and a lot less compared to GCN 1.1/1.2

Sure, if you can live with slightly lower performance than under DX11 and a lot less compared to GCN 1.1/1.2

I underclock my 970 as it is.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

I underclock my 970 as it is.

Well then you won't mind the 5-6fps loss :D

3 hours ago, wcreek said:

snip

I think you misunderstood my post, those companies I listed for Mice, Keyboards and Cases are once I much rather get over Corsair :)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I think you misunderstood my post, those companies I listed for Mice, Keyboards and Cases are once I much rather get over Corsair :)

Ah, yeah I must've read it wrong. So it was just you explaining your hate/dislike for Corsair and then giving better alternatives okay. :P  

39 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Some of their cases are nice, but others look rather childish and tacky.

really all their obsidian cases and the air 540 are the only good cases from corsair.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

42 minutes ago, Prysin said:

#1 Microsoft -> for ruining everything they touch

#2 Nvidia -> for deceiving and screwing over their own customers AND the PC Gaming community with shoddy "developer tools".

#3 Razer/Logitech -> Fanboy companies that spend more time pleasing the plebs then producing quality ass stuff

#4 ASUS -> for not giving a shit about quality outside of one segment

#5 AMD -> for fucking up the CPU market.

Just curious how did AMD fuck up the cpu market?

7 minutes ago, wcreek said:

OS X/macOS isn't that bad, at least when I last used (Mountain Lion/10.8) it back in like 2012-2013 but agreed

TRIGGERED /s

Seriously though, how the fuck is Logitech spending more time pleasing the plebs? Logitech makes a whole lot of stuff that isn't just for the PC. I don't have any reason to hate Logitech. Logitech seems like a pretty decent company. 

What's wrong with all three of them? Geez

I don't mind Lenovo either but considering that Superfish malware stuff from a year or two ago and just recently I think the Lenovo Update Center was also found to have similar issues to the Superfish thing but I think it was a vulnerability more so.

But is it? $420 for the EVGA ACX 3.0 non-SC GTX 1070 when it gets in stock. I agree Nvidia is needing some competition because it already has been getting Intel treatment in the PC market. 

Reveal hidden contents

892.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

903.PNG

You are wrong. Currently Dell are in a similar situation to SuperFish. Also, that was 3-4 years ago and only IdeaPads were affected. ThinkPads (the good stuff) was not.

8 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Cm storm, AKG, Argon, sennheiser, Schiit, Hifiman, JBL, BenQ, Sapphire, XFX, EVGA, sony, nokia, sanddisk, kingston, samsung (mostly because SSDs), Koss and a lot of other brands...

Dude only normal lenovo laptops( ideapads) had that, not business and that is more like 3-4 years ago and are long gone. I would also not buy a none business grade laptop.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1. Western Digital. their products are always shit, they advertise their products to be good, when they really ain't, and i bought like 5 drives to put in a RAID array, they all died within 3 weeks. such shoddy quality. from then on, i've sworn onto seagate for quality hard drives.

2. Logitech. their products as of now are crap. like the g920 and g29 absolutely sucks now, they have WAY too many buttons (though they might be useful) and they're almost impossible to mod, with the exception of the shifter (which is now being sold SEPARATELY), because of all the buttons on the wheel. i mean, with a g27 or g25, you can take the wheel off and disconnect like one connector for the buttons and have an adapter plate including replacement buttons, and you can tack on a custom full size wheel on it. now you can't. they're not making user friendly products anymore. it's so stupid. they're just making stupid flashy products. and their new logo sucks too.

3. HP. their low end laptops are absolute shit. i have one from 2012 and oh my god, the quality is terrible. cheap plastic everywhere, nonbalanced hinges, easily bendable and low quality screen, and the fan is so damn loud, like when it's even under 10 percent load ,the fan spins so loud, like 70dB loud. that's just disappointing. for 300 bucks, i don't expect top notch quality, but this is just sad.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

48 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

To his defense, some of Corsair's products are absolute garbage. e.g Corsair VS PSU series

another example is their original/green labeled CX...my friend had a CX 750 with a i7 3770k and GTX770, blew up...who would have thought a 770 would be stressing it enough for it to blow up...that's what I call even more garbage than EVGA's W1 PSUs...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Cm storm, AKG, Argon, sennheiser, Schiit, Hifiman, JBL, BenQ, Sapphire, XFX, EVGA, sony, nokia, sanddisk, kingston, samsung (mostly because SSDs), Koss and a lot of other brands...

Huh... Well I agree with at least XFX, Sapphire, EVGA, Sony, and Samsung. 
XFX, Sapphire, EVGA... I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Sony and Samsung, well I own a PS4 and I've had two phones from Samsung (back in like 2010, I had a Samsung Reclaim when I was on Sprint and then last year I got a Galaxy S6 from Verizon)

5 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

You are wrong. Currently Dell are in a similar situation to SuperFish. Also, that was 3-4 years ago and only IdeaPads were affected. ThinkPads (the good stuff) was not.

Huh because I thought it was in 2014. Or maybe the end of 2013. 

Still. 

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Dude only normal lenovo laptops and desktops had that, not business and that is more like 3-4 years ago and are long gone. I would also not buy a none business grade laptop.

Still I do believe that Lenovo sells more IdeaCentre and IdeaPads than they do ThinkCentres or ThinkPads. I have a Lenovo G50, which I think is probably part of the IdeaPad line.

Anyways like I said above ^ I thought it was in 2014 or the end of 2013. So at least 2 years ago but again they do have the vulnerability issue with the Lenovo Update Center.

Intel and Nvidia irritate me, sure. They have certain practices I'd rather not see, they're a bit too comfortable in their position, all that guff. That isn't the company, though, that's the system the company's in. They lack serious competition (Intel more than Nvidia), so they get comfortable.

I don't like Apple at all. Their products are overpriced, they've been getting progressively nonsensical with their "minimalism," their operating systems are like toys, they're driving the market towards stupid things about form over function, so-on... But I don't hate them.

The only companies I can say I truly hate are ISP's. We all know why.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

SNIP

It is rumored that Intel, is making/have a back door into all laptops just like the superfish thing was and the same thing as other laptop companies also had/have. So right now if that is true every single laptop has a back door, expect business grade laptops and even those might have a back door, but I know lenovo and thinkpads and they will fight with intel over it.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, ninninon said:

Corsair AIO's are decent, their cases are fantastic IMO. If you want plain, well built, not too expensive cases without ugly vents then just get a corsair obsidian series. Their keyboards are good too, since they follow the same simple minimalist aesthetics. Their logo is nice too, I'd buy a razer laptop thing if it was for that ugly logo that looks like it was designed by an 11 year old. 

If you want a furnace just buy one :D - No need to pay 1000$ extra for a 970M and i7 :D

All of them because they don't give me free stuff! D:< 

/s

But I don't judge brands, only products. And Apple's products don't seem to fit me very well, so I guess that gets a mention..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

All of them because they don't give me free stuff! D:< 

/s

But I don't judge brands, only products. And Apple's products don't seem to fit me very well, so I guess that gets a mention..

I never thought I'd see the day where I say that Apple have better cooling that something but Apple are better than Razer in every respect :D

apple since i sent my ipad away to get repaired last october and they delivered it to the wrong address and i havent seen it since

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

3 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

apple since i sent my ipad away to get repaired last october and they delivered it to the wrong address and i havent seen it since

They tried to send it to an EU address :P

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro