Computerarmor: Lenovo Case

Rememberdoogle: 2 250 Gig Drives

AdditionalPylons: Generic 300 Watt

Letterpad: Lenovo

Buttonrodent: Lenovo

Aural Interface: Sony

Liquidrectangles: 1 1600x900 Vizio TV

7 hours ago, Arc_Jester said:

Why do you want that buggy, unoptimized, forever unfinished crap. If you really want to try it then do as Ivyk said and get ArmA II with the DayZ mod.

8 hours ago, Droidbot said:

Arma 2 Combined Ops (Base + OA) is like $4.99USD at the moment due to 80% off.

i heard that there are too many hackers in arma 2 dayz mod 

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7 4790k

-GPU- 

Gigabyte 970 g1

-STORAGE- 

250gb ssd

Western Digital 1tb HDD

-RAM- 

(2x4gb) 

-PSU- 

EVGA supernova 850w gold+

-MOBO- 

ASUS z97-a

-CASE-

Some ATX Sized No-Brand

-PERIPHERALS-

Some Mouse and Keyboard.

13 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

normal for bioshock 2 to be 4 $

and it.s dlc 10 $ ???

they cheating

DLC almost never goes on sale. Look at the Call of Duty DLC's. 

Sooooooo the Summer Sale is here! CS:GO got discounted to 50%. I was wondering if it will go even lower or if it's stuck at this for the duration of the sale. I've read several articles online stating that Steam has abandoned flash sales and community votes and the discounted rate shown is the lowest that it could get. Any word on this?

they dont do that anymore, the price you see is the price it will be the wholesale, but some games that are not on sale can later come on sale 

Yup, no more flash sales, or daily deals.

The prices you see will remain the same through the entire sale period.

That said, I bought 3DMark, glad I waited instead of buying it fullprice 2 weeks ago...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

and the sale changes like daily

They aren't doing daily sales anymore, remember? Because of the new-ish return policy, there is very little incentive to reduce prices or change sale prices daily.

I am too lazy to scroll through every single steam sale to pick out the very best ones. I'm putting this topic up so you all can list (in your opinion) the best deals so far. 

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

I like the MS paint brush that is used here..

Anyways, the sale just started and this is not even a flash sale.. I don't think you can judge yet

From my understanding flash and daily deals are no longer a thing (due to refunds or something). The sales you see here are all the sales you get for the whole time. This really is the worst steam sale yet. Nothing I wanted is discounted enough to be worth it and most of the prices I can get from other sources for less whenever (non-sale).

I was ready to get a bunch of games but I don't think I'll end up spending a penny on this sale...

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

6 minutes ago, pyrojoe34 said:

From my understanding flash and daily deals are no longer a thing (due to refunds or something). The sales you see here are all the sales you get for the whole sale. This really is the worst steam sale yet. Nothing I wanted is discounted enough to be worth it and most of the prices I can get from other sources for less whenever (non-sale).

I was ready to get a bunch of games but I don't think I'll end up spending a penny on this sale...

oh, that's a shame.. Just checked my wishlist, the most discounted thing is two games with a 75% discount (one becoming 1 euro, the other 2,50 euros..) All the rest are 40-50% sales.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, pyrojoe34 said:

From my understanding flash and daily deals are no longer a thing (due to refunds or something). The sales you see here are all the sales you get for the whole sale. This really is the worst steam sale yet. Nothing I wanted is discounted enough to be worth it and most of the prices I can get from other sources for less whenever (non-sale).

Only reason I'm not spending a penny is because I don't have a penny ;)

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GT 730

Attachcorethingy: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infoholdstick: 4x2GB sticks

Computerarmor: Lenovo Case

Rememberdoogle: 2 250 Gig Drives

AdditionalPylons: Generic 300 Watt

Letterpad: Lenovo

Buttonrodent: Lenovo

Aural Interface: Sony

Liquidrectangles: 1 1600x900 Vizio TV

• Garbage
  • More Garbage
  • Extreme Garbage
  • Still Garbage

TL;DR

Sweet f*** all.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

DiRT Rally is $35.99, normally it's $59.99. Excellent buy IMO since the game itself is beyond stellar. Steam Controller and Steam Link are both $34.99.

That's all I was really interested in. Project CARS was $14.99 but that's not that much off. I will still probably buy it though xD

every/most Total War games are 75% off including the bundles

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

will things go up in price before the sale ends or do they tend to only drop further until the last day?

like if theres something i want, should i just get it now in case the price goes up or will it only go up when it goes back to retail at the end of the sale

HOLY CRAP these are some cheap games damn.

Anyways, I was wondering if I could buy the game now and play it on a different PC later. I'm building my pc in 2 weeks or so but the sale in happening now. So if I buy the games right now on my laptop, can I later login into the PC that I'll build and play on that? Or do I have to buy it on the soon-to-be-built PC?

Thanks!

Steam has a cloud thing. It stores everything on the cloud if the game was bought on Steam. You could buy the games now, and access them in the middle of the Sahara (provided you have wifi) a century later if you're on the same account on whatever PC you can find.

However, they ask you to verify your identity with a code if you're accessing your Steam account on a different PC than what you bought it in. I think there's a five PC limit.

1 minute ago, Dogeystyle said:

Steam has a cloud thing. It stores everything on the cloud if the game was bought on Steam. You could buy the games now, and access them in the middle of the Sahara (provided you have wifi) a century later if you're on the same account on whatever PC you can find.

However, they ask you to verify your identity with a code if you're accessing your Steam account on a different PC than what you bought it in. I think there's a five PC limit.

So how do I get the code?

Hey there Syros! Hey can absolutely buy the game now and play it on that new pc of yours in 2 weeks.
If your talking about the same steam account that is ofc. you could allways buy it as a gift. and even then use it for urself! :) hope that answered your question.

CPU: i7 8700k, 4.9ghz 1.29v llc1  Motherboard: Asus Z370-i G  Ram: Trident-Z 3200mhz->3866 cl17,17,37
GPU: Strix Oc 1080ti 2075mhz  Case: aNcase M1
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb, x2 Raid 0 PSU: Corsair SF600 SFX
Display: Acer Predator x34 100hz 1440p  
Cooling: Celsius C24  Operating System: W10   

1 minute ago, Syros119 said:

So how do I get the code?

They email it to you on the email account you used to create the corresponding Steam account.