Anyone else hate the look of the new EVGA 1080's with that stupid billboard on top?

Arct1c0n

yeah, i dont like the vent design either

prefer a plain minimalist cooler like the reference AMD coolers

9310_ellesmere_cam3_02_0010_4K.jpg

or a waterblock

KOMODO-NV-GTX-780-FACE-X600.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm really hoping it looks much better in person... because it sure seems like it sucks when looking at photos.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I would have liked it better without, but it's fine.

Almost breaking sig rules 1.0

If they implemented the idea of aluminum better it could of been very sexy. Just reminds me of MSI's Motherboard "Titanium" strategies. Yeah, because we need fucking steel reinforced M.2 slots or PCIE slots.

I like minimalist like the RX 480 though no idea why but I like the new Twin Frozr card from MSI, isn't very minimalist like the RX 480 but no idea why, it is just pleasing to the eye.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yeah, i dont like the vent design either

prefer a plain minimalist cooler like the reference AMD coolers

I would buy one if the reference coolers weren't so hot, I like the Fury X's cooler though.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

I don't think it's any better or worse than what they had already, meaning I'm neutral on it :D 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

I would buy one if the reference coolers weren't so hot, I like the Fury X's cooler though.

or loud

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That is basically the only part of the cooler I don't like but hopefully you'll be able to remove it through some DIY

evga 1080.PNG

I like that billboard part on the side, but the rest of the card is ugly as fuck. I'll probably still get one of the ACX 1070s though.

I love it especially with tinted acrylic/tempered glass it would look great with just the logo shining through 

im i the only one who fucking hates the looks of amd ref coolers

6 minutes ago, Arct1c0n said:

i'm gona really have to agree with you on this.  I like the other parts, not the billboard thing.  I think i see what they tried to do, but i dont think it was done well...  But i do like the fact that they did change their designs.  Sticking with just one design gets boring after a while.  At least now if i buy another GPU from EVGA, it'll look like its a new GPU. xD

3 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

I love it especially with tinted acrylic/tempered glass it would look great with just the logo shining through 

im i the only one who fucking hates the looks of amd ref coolers

I like simplistic which is why.  Though anything is better than the Fanboy Edition of the Paxwell. ( yes paxwell , new meme confirmed )

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I love the new cooler shroud, but hole fuck. Why did they slap a massive "billboard" freaking text wall on it. It just looks objectively bad, it clashes with the design aesthetic of the shroud. doesn't flow well with the rest of the curves and angles, and just plain looks awful. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I actually like it. The aluminium will look much darker in person than it does in the pictures.

They also have the power block thing to make cable management easier:

DSC02362.JPG

Nope, I think that's the best looking video card I've seen yet, actually.

4 minutes ago, wolfsbane3083 said:

I actually like it. The aluminium will look much darker in person than it does in the pictures.

That's only for the overpriced classified,  the rest are normal aluminum 

Evga GTX1080 Classified

classified.JPG

image: TechPower Up

@wolfsbane3083 beat me to it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Ung, that red mesh on Classified just looks fucking horrid...

The billboard part makes the card look super cheap

I don't mind the billboard thing, and I don't mind the rest of the shroud, but they're parts from two totally different designs that just look cobbled together and cheap when combined.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Evga GTX1080 Classified

image: TechPower Up

@wolfsbane3083 beat me to it.

Why are the power connectors in the wrong spot? 

9 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

Why are the power connectors in the wrong spot? 

EVGA made an extender of sort that changed position of the connectors. It's supposed to help with cable management in most cases, but it's subjective whether or not you like it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.