My mom wont let me sell my laptop, ps4 and xbox one and wont allow me to get a job

RedLineGamer

I want a gaming pc, but unfortunatly I cant afford it because I am not allowed to sell my consoles, and I am not allowed to get a job due to school grades. South korea has a test that decided what college you can go, and it is a very hard test. I wanna get a job, but mom doesnt allow it because I need to prepare for that test. I really want a gaming pc. What should I do? Give up?

Buying gaming pc on janurary 2017!

Focus on school first.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

school > gaming

from a person who plays games and has 55% grades.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Never prioritize games over school. especially in a society where academics weighs so much. 

From a Japanese person. 

19 hours ago, RedLineGamer said:

Yeah whatever. Desktops aren't going anywhere until Intel and nvidia can get the efficiency of their most powerful chips through the roof. I'm guessing like 15 years until a proper laptop that doesn't weigh more than my house has the same amount of gaming power that my desktop does. 

ASU

19 hours ago, RedLineGamer said:

And this would be the second time that the desktop PC has supposedly died a death.

Never believe what this lot or any major tech or tech based TV program states (or even the big tech/gaming sites).

Focus on your education before anything else as that will allow you to be able to earn money for a gaming PC.

You should listen to your mother, she has your best interests at heart :) 

Do the test and reward yourself with a computer. That test is more important then any frame rate you could get in any game.

The computer will make you procrastinate more anyways. 

It won't be dead. PC gaming is still extremely popular... even more so in korea. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

2 hours ago, Deletive said:

Do the test and reward yourself with a computer. That test is more important then any frame rate you could get in any game.

It won't be dead. PC gaming is still extremely popular... even more so in korea. 

I think you pretty much covered everything. Also, your signature is one of the most accurate things I've ever seen. 

ASU

once you get out of school and get a job, you barley will have enough time to even watch a damn movie no less a tv show. so be wise yo spend your money on something you wont use in days to come, also how old are you ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

3 hours ago, Deletive said:

You're right, it won't be dead. However, it'll become more niche which will make pc gaming even more expensive.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8