People that go around in GTA just to kill everybody, what's your opinion?

deWaardt

So, I was just done overclocking my CPU and went to test FPS in GTA.
Why in GTA? My CPU struggles to keep up with GTA so I was interested if a slightly higher overclock would increase fps.

I was just driving in GTA Online, I chose GTA Online because it's most often the heaviest thing to handle due to all the things going on, not even 30 seconds after I had spawned some asswipe pulled up behind me just to kill me over and over again.

What do you guys think about those people? People that play the game simply to make other people's life harder, simply just to grief.

In my opinion, these people should have their own seperate lobbies, they are just ruining it for the people who want to freeroam and do fun stuff with stunt jumps and cargobobs and stuff.

They just come around to blow up whatever you were playing with, and keep blowing you up over and over again. The obvious solution is invite-only session, but it's way more fun to go in a random session and play with whoever is in that session, very often there will be someone willing to play with us.

Racing/missions get boring after a while.

Killing other players to piss them off can be rather amusing.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Just now, Fulgrim said:

Racing/missions get boring after a while.

Killing other players to piss them off can be rather amusing.

How sad it sounds, I kinda agree with that. But still, I think it's a dick move and you're ruining it for other people.
I will only slaughter of other people if they kill me first. Usually me and some friends will concentrate on killing that same person over and over again until they leave. I know, I'm an asshole, but he shouldn't have killed me 5 times for no reason in the first place.

well, honestly the trolls will never go away. All i want is a dedicated server option, but rockstar seems to shut down every project.

Just now, deWaardt said:

How sad it sounds, I kinda agree with that. But still, I think it's a dick move and you're ruining it for other people.
I will only slaughter of other people if they kill me first. Usually me and some friends will concentrate on killing that same person over and over again until they leave. I know, I'm an asshole, but he shouldn't have killed me 5 times for no reason in the first place.

It's GTA... It's not meant to be nice, and friendly.

Go take your higher morals elsewhere, as it won't get you far in the likes of GTA.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Thanks for the input, this topic has suddenly changed into a topic specifically to shit on me, I know enough.

I was trying to start a nice conversation, but I forgot literally everybody on the internet is a fucking asshole. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, deWaardt said:

..., they are just ruining it for the people...

This sort of PVP has been around since the dawn of online multiplayer.

Pull out the rocket launcher and shoot them, or log out and switch servers... It is apart of the game mechanics ether deal with it in game or do something different.

OAS || AAS || LLS

1 minute ago, deWaardt said:

Thanks for the input, this topic has suddenly changed into a topic specifically to shit on me, I know enough.

I was trying to start a nice conversation, but I forgot literally everybody on the internet is a fucking asshole. Thanks.

It's not a game which fits with your standards, so why complain about it? Go play something else, like Minecraft with PvP disabled.

14 minutes ago, deWaardt said:

So, I was just done overclocking my CPU and went to test FPS in GTA.
Why in GTA? My CPU struggles to keep up with GTA so I was interested if a slightly higher overclock would increase fps.

I was just driving in GTA Online, I chose GTA Online because it's most often the heaviest thing to handle due to all the things going on, not even 30 seconds after I had spawned some asswipe pulled up behind me just to kill me over and over again.

What do you guys think about those people? People that play the game simply to make other people's life harder, simply just to grief.

In my opinion, these people should have their own seperate lobbies, they are just ruining it for the people who want to freeroam and do fun stuff with stunt jumps and cargobobs and stuff.

They just come around to blow up whatever you were playing with, and keep blowing you up over and over again. The obvious solution is invite-only session, but it's way more fun to go in a random session and play with whoever is in that session, very often there will be someone willing to play with us.

It makes the game what it is.... If that wasn't true then they could call it Grant Nice Guy Auto.... GNGA... But, the thug life was given to you when you bought the game..

It is irritating, but it's kind of part of the experience.

git gud skrub

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

What was immediately assumed is that I was complaining. I accepted this game to be like this more than 2 years ago and I don't get annoyed if someone killed me. I will simply turn around and shoot back.

There, that simple. I also go on killing sprees from time to time.

I was just interested in how other people thought about this.

Immediately everybody started hicking on me "stop complaining, play another game, hurrdurr"

And that is what broke the topic.

If a game allows for it, you should expect it.

Personally I like games like that, makes it more exciting knowing everyone is out to get you :)

i do admit, it is bloody annoying but hey its part of the game. i like to do it myself to annoy people :P

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Isn't that kind of the point of the game?
I feel like that's a huge point of playing online. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

As much as it can get annoying, I appreciate being killed from time to time (especially, in a hilarious or a really dick way). The hacjkers problems is an entirely different story, though - it can get really annoying.

That's all I do in online, get in my guardian and kill everyone I drive by. Now the people who get in jets and blow up your cars and shit are dicks

42 minutes ago, deWaardt said:

not even 30 seconds after I had spawned some asswipe pulled up behind me just to kill me over and over again.

Exact same thing happenned to me the other day and i rage quit the game trowing massive insult at that moron and i havn't played the game since and have no intentions to ever play it again.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

And so you know there is a passive mode where you can't kill and you can't get killed. 

how do you access this world?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

how do you access this world?

It's not a world. You hold down or press M on pc and in the quick select menu you pick passive mode. I think it's M I'm not sure. 

13 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

And so you know there is a passive mode where you can't kill and you can't get killed. 

True you could just get into passive mode, and you are pretty much invisible and no one can run you over << Hopefully or the invisible part is going to be very irrelevant

Also if you are doing you everyday tasks go into a private session by youself <<they should have that on the pc hopefully

Again I only experienced the pc version at my friend's house, so I have not played it constantly like a pro 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

42 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

True you could just get into passive mode, and you are pretty much invisible and no one can run you over << Hopefully or the invisible part is going to be very irrelevant

Also if you are doing you everyday tasks go into a private session by youself <<they should have that on the pc hopefully

Again I only experienced the pc version at my friend's house, so I have not played it constantly like a pro 

Well in passive mode you cars go through you,boy can't be hit. But if you in a car they can blow you up, unless they fixed that. I haven't used passive mode for over a year