AMD Customer support response

So I wrote to AMD regarding Crossfire not working on DX9 and DX10 games on Radeon cards from HD 6xxx series and down. (Crimson Legacy Drivers).

-Drivers prior to crimson work flawlessly.

Not getting any response to why this suddently became a problem, and a viable solution...

Most of their email is "Copy/Paste". They respond with many of the same lines.

-Are intel and nvidia the same way?

Dear Customer,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200687341]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

As I understand that you are unable to play games in crossfire on AMD Radeon HD 6990. If I have missed any critical information about your inquiry, please let me know as my suggestion below may change.

Here are few suggestion, I request you to perform on your computer:-

Windows 10 graphics support is based around the DirectX 12 specification and the following AMD GPU/APU products fully support DirectX 12:

·        AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics

·        AMD Radeon™ R7 Series graphics

·        AMD Radeon™ R5 240 graphics

·        AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series graphics for OEM systems (HD 8570 and up)

·        AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series graphics for notebooks

·        AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series graphics (HD 7730 and up)

·        AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series graphics for notebooks (HD 7730M and up)

·        AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-7000 Series APUs

·        AMD A6/A8/A10 PRO-7000 Series APUs

·        AMD E1/A4/A10 Micro-6000 Series APUs

·        AMD E1/E2/A4/A6/A8-6000 Series APUs

The above products will provide the complete Windows 10 experience.

If your graphic card is not listed in above mentioned graphic cards, then probably you cannot enjoy the complete feature of Windows 10 OS.

In this regards, I request you to upgrade your graphic card or downgrade your OS.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign.  There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only.  AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Text

To: tech.support@amd.com <tech.support@amd.com>;tech.support2@amd.com <tech.support2@amd.com>
CC:  
Sent: 16.04.16 14:56:16
Subject: Crossfire driver problem

Hi, After I upgraded to the crimson legacy drivers. No games on DX9 or DX10 have been working in crossfire. (even though I choose the game app and select "disable" in crossfire settings, still major flickering, no response, only audio. As soon as i disable crossfire by going windowed mode, I can see only 1 gpu in use, and it's working flawlessly. DX11 games however work just fine. Fallout 4 performance is flawless compared to old (before crimson drivers) DX11 games work overall just fine. System: CPU AMD FX-8350 (Stock) Motherboard Asus Sabertooth 990 FX Rev 1.0 RAM 8 GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz GPU XFX Radeon HD 6990 4GB (Stock) Storage 1x SSD Crucial BX100 250GB PSU Aerocool V750 Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster SA700 Keyboard Logitech G15 Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Sound SteelSeries Siberia Operating System Windows 10 64x Pro PCPartPicker URL http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NYPWVn Please help, or reply even if nothing can be done. I'd like to know. Best regards, Edgar Zakarian

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

8 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

So I wrote to AMD regarding Crossfire not working on DX9 and DX10 games on Radeon cards from HD 6xxx series and down. (Crimson Legacy Drivers).

-Drivers prior to crimson work flawlessly.

Not getting any response to why this suddently became a problem, and a viable solution...

Most of their email is "Copy/Paste". They respond with many of the same lines.

-Are intel and nvidia the same way?

Dear Customer,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200687341]} has been reviewed and updated.

As I understand that you are unable to play games in crossfire on AMD Radeon HD 6990. If I have missed any critical information about your inquiry, please let me know as my suggestion below may change.

Here are few suggestion, I request you to perform on your computer:-

Windows 10 graphics support is based around the DirectX 12 specification and the following AMD GPU/APU products fully support DirectX 12:

·        AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics

·        AMD Radeon™ R7 Series graphics

·        AMD Radeon™ R5 240 graphics

·        AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series graphics for OEM systems (HD 8570 and up)

·        AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series graphics for notebooks

·        AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series graphics (HD 7730 and up)

·        AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series graphics for notebooks (HD 7730M and up)

·        AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-7000 Series APUs

·        AMD A6/A8/A10 PRO-7000 Series APUs

·        AMD E1/A4/A10 Micro-6000 Series APUs

·        AMD E1/E2/A4/A6/A8-6000 Series APUs

The above products will provide the complete Windows 10 experience.

If your graphic card is not listed in above mentioned graphic cards, then probably you cannot enjoy the complete feature of Windows 10 OS.

In this regards, I request you to upgrade your graphic card or downgrade your OS.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign.  There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only.  AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

Original Text

To: tech.support@amd.com <tech.support@amd.com>;tech.support2@amd.com <tech.support2@amd.com>
CC:  
Sent: 16.04.16 14:56:16
Subject: Crossfire driver problem

Hi, After I upgraded to the crimson legacy drivers. No games on DX9 or DX10 have been working in crossfire. (even though I choose the game app and select "disable" in crossfire settings, still major flickering, no response, only audio. As soon as i disable crossfire by going windowed mode, I can see only 1 gpu in use, and it's working flawlessly. DX11 games however work just fine. Fallout 4 performance is flawless compared to old (before crimson drivers) DX11 games work overall just fine. System: CPU AMD FX-8350 (Stock) Motherboard Asus Sabertooth 990 FX Rev 1.0 RAM 8 GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz GPU XFX Radeon HD 6990 4GB (Stock) Storage 1x SSD Crucial BX100 250GB PSU Aerocool V750 Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster SA700 Keyboard Logitech G15 Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Sound SteelSeries Siberia Operating System Windows 10 64x Pro PCPartPicker URL http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NYPWVn Please help, or reply even if nothing can be done. I'd like to know. Best regards, Edgar Zakarian

Call, it maybe better to be able to chew them out and try and get a better answer instead of copy/paste. idk tho 

1 minute ago, connork2913 said:

Call, it maybe better to be able to chew them out and try and get a better answer instead of copy/paste. idk tho 

They'll probably tell me to make an online ticket hahah.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

16 minutes ago, Aytex said:

99% of customer support is copy/paste

They have their own rules/protocols

Except ting ;)

ting has nice customer support, open up a chat bar and they help :D

"hello Ting? i would like to enquire about my issue with my 6990 not working properly in windows 10"

`-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I raised so many bugs and issues with AMD customer service on my pair of 7970s, I never got a response that even remotely went in the right direction of getting anything fixed.

They even got to the eventual point of offering to take my whole computer into their lab to work out what was going wrong, which I accepted immediately and then withdrew it immediately. AMD customer support totally sucks, they are the worst and its one of the reasons their drivers have bugs that never get fixed because they spend their time denying there is an issue.

4 minutes ago, BrightCandle said:

I raised so many bugs and issues with AMD customer service on my pair of 7970s, I never got a response that even remotely went in the right direction of getting anything fixed.

They even got to the eventual point of offering to take my whole computer into their lab to work out what was going wrong, which I accepted immediately and then withdrew it immediately. AMD customer support totally sucks, they are the worst and its one of the reasons their drivers have bugs that never get fixed because they spend their time denying there is an issue.

Uhh AMD release driver updates several times a month now.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

5 hours ago, Aytex said:

99% of customer support is copy/paste

They have their own rules/protocols

Except ting ;)

ting has nice customer support, open up a chat bar and they help :D

99% of customer support is copy/paste? huh, weird.

I have only ever had to contact support twice in my life and both times it was a very good non-robot response from a real human.

(Nintendo and Deviantart for reference)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Uhh AMD release driver updates several times a month now.

Doesn't fix the issue that their customer support doesn't understand what they are on about. My prior experience with amd's forum is that they give out a generic answer and mark it solved without being solved.

Reposting the same issue while having a legit reason to ^NOT SOLVED makes them throw a warning for spam or ignore it in general. Or denial there is an issue and blame the game devs instead fixing their own crap drivers they are producing.

Amd is like. Problem? Go to the gamedevs. And gamedevs be like, problem? Ask amd to fix their drivers. This pingpong, denial. Guess what no longer loyal to amd. Getting nvidia next time after 2 gens of amd cards.

This is unacceptable.

24 minutes ago, BrightCandle said:

Not had a problem with AMD drivers with my pair of 290Xes since omega drivers were launched...from my memory, the only widespread major problem people had with AMD recent(ish) drivers is the fan control problem, the CS:GO scandal which I am actually inclined to blame volvo for it... and GPU not boosting properly on some beta drivers but apart from that, I can only think of a few minor problems...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

22 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

Doesn't fix the issue that their customer support doesn't understand what they are on about. My prior experience with amd's forum is that they give out a generic answer and mark it solved without being solved.

Reposting the same issue while having a legit reason to ^NOT SOLVED makes them throw a warning for spam or ignore it in general. Or denial there is an issue and blame the game devs instead fixing their own crap drivers they are producing.

Amd is like. Problem? Go to the gamedevs. And gamedevs be like, problem? Ask amd to fix their drivers. This pingpong, denial. Guess what no longer loyal to amd. Getting nvidia next time after 2 gens of amd cards.

This is unacceptable.

Just remember, only get Gigabyte's cards (AMD or Nvidia) if they are cheaper than the alternative (especially the GTX 970-half of the vRAM on the fucking back+the 80mm fans are LAF) as their customer support sucks (big time) and they can't get over "loads of louder and smaller fans=better than larger, slower and quieter fans".

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Just remember, only get Gigabyte's cards (AMD or Nvidia) if they are cheaper than the alternative (especially the GTX 970-half of the vRAM on the fucking back+the 80mm fans are LAF) as their customer support sucks (big time) and they can't get over "loads of louder and smaller fans=better than larger, slower and quieter fans".

What is? 

1 minute ago, SparkyRain said:

What is? 

I don't know, but that is the general rule with their graphics cards. Otherbrands>------------>Gigabyte. 
And I say that while having my GTX 650ti OC 2GB (rev 2.0) as my favourite graphics card (fans run at idle all the time even with high overclocks, and it doesn't go above 75oC).

PMSL

5 hours ago, Minibois said:

99% of customer support is copy/paste? huh, weird.

I have only ever had to contact support twice in my life and both times it was a very good non-robot response from a real human.

(Nintendo and Deviantart for reference)

Used to work in a call center myself. There are procedures these guys have to follow. There is also a good chance that they dont even work directly for AMD. There are many companies that offer call center support for companies who are willing to pay. In many cases these are cheaper options. Most of not all responses are scripted. Some of these guys may not even know what some of these issues are. Like they might not be PC experts at all. Its just how things are. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

As a matter of balance its worth noting that Nvidia is actually worse. I raised a bug around the 680 performance on a secondary screen and never even received a response at all from support, it just sat there with no one ever looking at it according to the status. Loads of people on the forums were complaining about and I still see people crop up occasionally with this issue.

But for that generation (680 and 7970) I raised 28 bugs with AMD for the 7970 (including the crossfire microstutter that eventually got exposed over 14 months later by pcper.com and fixed another 1 year after that)  and 1 bug on the 680. AMD did responsed to all the bugs I raised for the 7970 and only fixed one of them, the microstutter bug but they actually closed my report of it and all the others never even investigating any of them. Nvidia never looked at it.

So choose your poison really, the support is awful from both, but in terms of problems with drivers AMD was downright terrible and the bugs were much more severe.

Pay peanuts get monkeys.

I usually find social media support to be much better than regular helpdesk where the option exists.

If only I could take that option at work :/

3 hours ago, BrightCandle said:

As a matter of balance its worth noting that Nvidia is actually worse. I raised a bug around the 680 performance on a secondary screen and never even received a response at all from support, it just sat there with no one ever looking at it according to the status. Loads of people on the forums were complaining about and I still see people crop up occasionally with this issue.

But for that generation (680 and 7970) I raised 28 bugs with AMD for the 7970 (including the crossfire microstutter that eventually got exposed over 14 months later by pcper.com and fixed another 1 year after that)  and 1 bug on the 680. AMD did responsed to all the bugs I raised for the 7970 and only fixed one of them, the microstutter bug but they actually closed my report of it and all the others never even investigating any of them. Nvidia never looked at it.

So choose your poison really, the support is awful from both, but in terms of problems with drivers AMD was downright terrible and the bugs were much more severe.

I just got a response from AMD, stating:

"

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif

AMD Service Notice:{ticketno:[8200687341]}

Til: edgarzakarjan@live.dk

tech.support@amd.com

Dear Customer,

Thanks for coming back again, we are glad to assist you.

Good to know that you are able to run DX11 games on your Windows 10 with Crossfire, as you have mentioned prior to crimson drivers worked flawless on your computer. Then I strongly recommended to roll back to stable AMD drivers which worked smooth for you.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Card"

Even though I told them, Fallout 4 does NOT work on old drivers, and DX9  & DX10 games do NOT work on new drivers. It's seriously like talking to some robot, or someone who can't understand a word in english and just uses google translate to get by.

9 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Used to work in a call center myself. There are procedures these guys have to follow. There is also a good chance that they dont even work directly for AMD. There are many companies that offer call center support for companies who are willing to pay. In many cases these are cheaper options. Most of not all responses are scripted. Some of these guys may not even know what some of these issues are. Like they might not be PC experts at all. Its just how things are. 

This explains why it sounds like I'm writting to someone who doesn't know jack, and doesn't even understand half of what I'm writting.

It's seriously like some indian dude on google translate, og a robot. 

2 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

I just got a response from AMD, stating:

"

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif

AMD Service Notice:{ticketno:[8200687341]}

Til: edgarzakarjan@live.dk

tech.support@amd.com

Dear Customer,

Thanks for coming back again, we are glad to assist you.

Good to know that you are able to run DX11 games on your Windows 10 with Crossfire, as you have mentioned prior to crimson drivers worked flawless on your computer. Then I strongly recommended to roll back to stable AMD drivers which worked smooth for you.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Card"

Even though I told them, Fallout 4 does NOT work on old drivers, and DX9  & DX10 games do NOT work on new drivers.

I think they just tried to brush you off (which is TBH better than being outright ignored by Gigabyte).

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

I think they just tried to brush you off (which is TBH better than being outright ignored by Gigabyte).

They are god damn terrible at customer support.

1 minute ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Most of the large tech companies seem to be going that way.

PMSL

11 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

You wanna have a shot at asus? xD

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Just now, Pohernori said:

You wanna have a shot at asus? xD

That's even worse?

Linus seems to get instant help whenever he calls asus.

Just now, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

That's even worse?

Linus seems to get instant help whenever he calls asus.

Linus is one person. No one else on earth is Linus. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case