Valve is teasing the "Steam box" with a countdown. Maybe 3 new things coming from them?

2013-09-20%2018_44_19-The%20Steam%20Univ

2013-09-20%2018_49_21-The%20Steam%20Univ

The site hosts a countdown that will end at 1 p.m. ET on Monday, Sept. 23, as well as some cryptic planetary imagery and symbols along with the following title: "The Steam Universe is Expanding in 2014." The first symbol is a circle, then a circle within square brackets and a circle plus another circle:

2013-09-20%2018_51_31-The%20Steam%20Univ

There isn't much information provided on the site to inform us about this countdown however there is a small paragraph that reads:

Last year, we shipped a software feature called Big Picture, a user-interface tailored for televisions and gamepads.

This year we’ve been working on even more ways to connect the dots for customers who want Steam in the living-room.

Soon, we’ll be adding you to our design process, so that you can help us shape the future of Steam.

Which quite evidently suggests that the Steam Box will be announced. I think that the Steam box will be quite a way to allow more less PC oriented gamers to get one and use it as their gaming device. What do you guys think it may be? Do you think if a Steam box was affordable you would get it? Is it a good idea?

Also a thing to note the countdown is only under the first circle which could mean that we will have a wave of announcements with in a given time one after another.

2013-09-20%2018_45_27-The%20Steam%20Univ

Source: LINK
Valve's Countdown Page: LINK

Depends what it can do.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Wait they can count to 3?! That makes Half Life 3 confirmed :D

But they can't, the voice actor died didn't he?

Wait they can count to 3?! That makes Half Life 3 confirmed :D

64a.png

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Well, from what rumors there are/have been around, Steam box will probably be comparable to thr Intel NUCs. So decent performance with console quality graphics perhaps? Little more, little less at a sweet spot price.

sysloc

Well, from what rumors there are/have been around, Steam box will probably be comparable to thr Intel NUCs. So decent performance with console quality graphics perhaps? Little more, little less at a sweet spot price.

probably more like gigabytes BRIX 2.

My prediction: their own Linux distro, and a Netflix competing streaming or media distribution service.

The first prototypes of Piston had i5s in them, from their original partner, I doubt it will be much different.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Steam Box + Half Life 3 for the Steam Box would be great!

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Is that a cat. . . . staring at a controller? 

. . . cats likes boxes. . . Steam Box? 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

Ok, I won't buy a new PC or console, I'm waiting for this

Is it just me or does the second circle suggest Half Life? because it you think about it in the last circle that are 2 small circles added suggesting that the content of the first and second circle are added together (in the third one) but in the second circle one there is only a half of what there should be in the brackets which would make a whole 1 thing (life) O.o So in theory what @kuddlesworth9419 suggested could very much be right.

So to summarize:

Circle 1: "Steam Box"

Circle 2: Half Life 3?

Circle 3: Steam Box + Half Life 3 = Half life 3 will be out on Steam box?

I'm not sure if you guys know what I'm trying to suggest here but I tried. Just thought I'll share my observation (most likely I will be wrong :P)

I was hoping for a Linux based and Valve backed gaming OS.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

This little announcement of theirs better include Half Life 3

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

hopefully they bring steam to consoles!!!

now everyone fight with me because i need the negative attention in order to thrive as a person!

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

This little announcement of theirs better include Half Life 3

i think they said a while ago that hl3 is going to be called hl2 ep3

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I was hoping for a Linux based and Valve backed gaming OS.

Steambox would be running just that by default. What would be nice is if they release that for gamers to download and install. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/gabe-newell-linux-is-the-future-of-gaming-new-hardware-coming-soon/

Also when making a title for your post, it might be best not to say something for certain and then say later that this "must" be the new steambox they are talking about unless they clearly and officially announce the steambox. In your post it should be "Valve might be teasing the new Steambox."

Hl3 isn't happening. And I have this outlook because no matter how much I want it, it's always better to be surprised than disappointed.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Steambox would be running just that by default. What would be nice is if they release that for gamers to download and install. 

Yes...that meant by saying I want the OS.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

It would be awesome if they release the Steam Box before PS4 and Xbox One with better specs and price..

The cat has 3 whiskers

the controller has 3 buttons

both (cat and controller) are made of 3 layers

a cat has 9 lives of which the sqrt is 3