Why is counter Strike so popular?

i never understood why and up to this day i cant figure it out.. why is it so popular and why so much gamers like this game?

the game is very veryyy basic.. almost nothing really special. and yet it has wayy more stream views like battlefield and call of duty which i thought was the most popular of all the first person shooters.

what makes counter strike so good?

It`s really really hard, it takes real skill to kill

to game or not to game, that`s the question

i think because your don't need good spec to play counter-strike a friend of my plays it to and he has a 2 dual core and intel hd and he plays it at 120 fps (low settings) and it is a nice/good looking game

Because it's fun to watch. Have you ever thought watching a full game of CoD was fun? Yeah, me neither.

I used to be quite active here.

The game is basic? You've clearly never played it.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I play it because i like fps but sick of deathmatch mode where you spawn and die over and over.

I used to play Counter Strike : Source, personally the "custom" gamemodes were the most fun I've had in a game ever. (like props hunt and things like that)

Valve games are also extremely easy to run so you don't need a beastly PC to play them, unlike some others FPS, which means they have a bigger player base so there's always people to play with, even years after the games were released.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

It`s really really hard, it takes real skill to kill

6 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

Its a lot more complex than it initially seems. Theres a lot of strategy and skill involved

but games like battlefield take a lot of skills. especially if you are a sniper.. it takes skills to know how high to aim the sniper and measure bullet drop etc

1 minute ago, DemonicHeart said:

but games like battlefield take a lot of skills. especially if you are a sniper.. it takes skills to know how high to aim the sniper and measure bullet drop etc

yes....and you asked about counter strike. There are round economics, timing, rotation, faking, not just recoil control but actually knowing the spray pattern, and you cant just hop in and do well like you can in battlefield, you have to learn the mechanics and be able to work with your team in order to rank up. Battlefield is a lot more of a passive game you can just chill out and enjoy, if you arent focused you wont enjoy csgo

1 minute ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

yes....and you asked about counter strike. There are round economics, timing, rotation, faking, not just recoil control but actually knowing the spray pattern, and you cant just hop in and do well like you can in battlefield, you have to learn the mechanics and be able to work with your team in order to rank up. Battlefield is a lot more of a passive game you can just chill out and enjoy, if you arent focused you wont enjoy csgo

Also those magic moments where you hear your enemy's footsteps through a wall and shoot and kill them. c:

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Also those magic moments where you hear your enemy's footsteps through a wall and shoot and kill them. c:

YES, or the tingling you get in your balls when you ace/clutch can only be rivaled by strangling a man and feeling his last breath escape from his now lifeless corpse

EDIT: i mean its a good game....

Edited by thatguyyouknow75

8 minutes ago, DemonicHeart said:

I suggest you try it, its cheap on sale and on g2a, you might find its not as basic as you first thought

20 minutes ago, DemonicHeart said:

i never understood why and up to this day i cant figure it out.. why is it so popular and why so much gamers like this game?

the game is very veryyy basic.. almost nothing really special. and yet it has wayy more stream views like battlefield and call of duty which i thought was the most popular of all the first person shooters.

Why do you enjoy computers? Why is Pokemon so big? Why do being LARP? Why do people play D&D? Why play Magic the Gathering? Why watch TV? Why watch videos online? Why play the Elder Scroll Series? Why do some people read 24/7? Why do others play basketball in almost every free moment they have? Why do people rave about Undertale? Why talk about legendary creatures like a dragon? Why argue who's going to end up with who on your favorite show? Why watch cartoons? Why spend time on a scooter waving around a plastic sword pretending your a her in a world full of dragons? Because people find it fun.

It's cheap, excellent net code, large player base, requires skill, no bugs, and once you get into it it's really fun. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

25 minutes ago, DemonicHeart said:

You said it yourself, being basic is the key to a simple yet master-able and balanced shooter. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

31 minutes ago, DemonicHeart said:

the game is very veryyy basic.. almost nothing really special.

^ That is the game's magic. It's simple to learn, extremely hard to master. It's a show of skill, weapon and map mastery, smart financial management (yeah, lmao), and serious teamwork and tactical gameplay.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

3 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

It's cheap, excellent net code, large player base, requires skill, no bugs, and once you get into it it's really fun. 

No bugs... There are quite a few, they just aren't obvious like the major graphical glitches that exist in other games.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

No bugs... There are quite a few, they just aren't obvious like the major graphical glitches that exist in other games.

Well I've been playing rainbow six siege for the past few months which is so riddled with bugs like hit reg, visual bugs, kill cam bugs, and many other game breaking bugs through my playtime in csgo thinks work. Yeah, there's definantly bugs but compared to r6:s they're all trivial

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

3 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Well I've been playing rainbow six siege for the past few months which is so riddled with bugs like hit reg, visual bugs, kill cam bugs, and many other game breaking bugs through my playtime in csgo thinks work. Yeah, there's definantly bugs but compared to r6:s they're all trivial

Most of what you listed are due to the netcode and how many times per second different things are updated. They it is 60Hz but I know for a fact that multiple things only update at 30Hz. It's kind of like how CSGO runs at 64 or 128 Hz but the demos only run at 32Hz and used to be 16Hz. You will notice some very obvious differences.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

A couple reasons

1. It's cheap to buy
  2. It's cheap to run (PC spec wise)
  3. It's a legacy game. The original CS is/was also one of the most popular FPS games of all time - and that was before Esports was big like today.
  4. It is basic (I don't mean skill wise). The fact there is no back story, lore, history, etc. is a positive for many people. You don't need to play the previous versions to play this one.It's also basic in that anyone can jump in, but it takes awhile to be skilled.
  5. No bugs
  6. CS:GO requires -arguably- more skill to be a good player compared to FPS. That's a reason why it's full of esports team and pro players.
  7. Because of it's esports presence, it has gotten even more popular as esports grows. Esports viewers want to play the games their teams play.
  8. Turnip....

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

High $$$ case openings, obviously. But nah for some people it's the personalities that they watch on stream that got them into it, for others (like myself) who have been in the series since CS1.6/CSS it's just a natural progression. Plus the elephant in the room is that it takes massive skill to be able to perform in the competitive scene and on the various active duty maps with a variety of weapons - MLG just held the first North American CS GO Major tournament (1mil USD prize pool) and I highly recommend you check out some of the highlights.

Plus you get to witness shots like these and hope that someday, you can do the same yourself

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Beacuse its fun and very very vert very(x10) hard to be good at.

Also the other reasons that the guys have listed before me.

Bf4 is good, but its a different breed.

Usually simple games make them easier to follow. Its not like LoL/Dota2 or SC2 where you need to know all units/heros, skills/items/races. With CS you just need to know that one team attacks and another defends. Guns are from real world so anyone with bit of view on news or history knows what is difference between pistol and assault rifle. Besides, CS has been around for 17 years. Thats good time to build fan base.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv