Podcast ideas

rentaspoon

So as discussed on the meetup.

Post your ideas about the subjects or what you want to say in the podcast, currently the 4 things i want to talk about are current state of the game, what needs to be fixed now, what we would like to see implemented soon (can include things that are going to be implemented next patch) and what we hope is in the final release of the game.

I was thinking about calling it "for the devs" as that's who i'd hope listen to it and i can't think of a better name plus it would be nice to give them something back, @rucdoc I'd like if we can use your discords videos or if you could do a new discord for it, personally i think they are great.

On a side note, we discussed possible not playing star citizen when recording it, maybe something like a free to play like Brawlhall or a cheap game like Guns of Icuras or tabletop simulator so suggestions on that would be good, I also think this would help with us not feeling burnt out on Star Citizen. @ixi_your_face would you mind us doing this on the YouTube UOLTT channel, it may have some non SC content in it.

Personally I'd like to keep the podcast SC related for now but maybe we will have a segment about other space sims and games.

I second this. Good idea

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Sorry that I cannot join the podcast due to a tenuous mic situation, but I had a few ideas on future topics, in no particular order:

• CIG's needed (or unneeded) involvement with the community (With possible discussion on where they need to be better about responding)
  • Star Citizen's Inputs and Layouts (With possible discussion on their benefits/current problems/needed tweaking)
  • CIG's rather delicate balance between juggling optimization, feature development, and schedule managment
  • Potential pitfalls that you worry may be game-breaking later on down the line
  • I'll think up more later...
42 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

I'd like if we can use your discords videos or if you could do a new discord for it, personally i think they are great.

I think you meant discourse? :P

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

This sounds like a great idea!

I can get us setup on iTunes and other pod-catchers once we get rolling. Ill also link to it on the UOLTT site.

~Judah

1 hour ago, rentaspoon said:

Post your ideas about the subjects or what you want to say in the podcast

I like your ideas. If I were to add one thing, possibly a segment on goings on in the community? Stuff like meet-ups, user-made videos, Q&A, etc.

I'd like if we can use your discords videos or if you could do a new discord for it, personally i think they are great.

Yes, they are. Maybe @rucdoc could be a guest (or main) speaker?

we discussed possible not playing star citizen when recording it ... I also think this would help with us not feeling burnt out on Star Citizen.

This, totally this. If you were to be playing the game while recording the podcast, imagine how distracted everyone would be. Not only that, but editing on it would be a nightmare! Better a super-casual game, if anything at all. Remember that the entire podcast does not need to be done in a single sitting. If it takes all week to pull together videos and audio clips, thats infinitely better than a crappy job that nobody wants to watch.

Personally I'd like to keep the podcast SC related for now but maybe we will have a segment about other space sims and games.

This is a good idea. This way you can get some contrast and not everything is 100% SC. You might mention stuff like "SC did XYZ this week, while ED has taken XYZ in a completely different direction."

Also, check out the PodCast Guard Frequency, at http://guardfrequency.com/

Maybe we could take some pointers from them, as they do a pretty awesome job.

~Judah

Definitely sounds like a good idea. While I understand that the core of the game is a priority, being able to discuss future feature implementation alongside any worries and frustrations would be great. I can only image the interesting and probably bizarre conversations that would spawn from that. Would also help to liven it up preventing the podcast from becoming too negative about development.

I second @Gyre-Taenn's suggestion:

• CIG's rather delicate balance between juggling optimization, feature development, and schedule managment

I would oike to see this discussed because it is of great relevance to all of us.

I have also thought about making some parallels between SC and EVE online. This is a subject that many, and especially CIG, are very reluctant to broach. Yet I believe that there are many things that the games will have in common. I would like to talk about the implementation of a global game economy, sovereignty over installations, systems and real-estate, as well as combat and damage mechanics and draw a few comparisons, because these are things I feel EVE excels at and SC would do better to take their experience in mind, without blatantly copy-pasting, of course.

6 hours ago, Corwin111 said:

I second @Gyre-Taenn's suggestion:

I would oike to see this discussed because it is of great relevance to all of us.

I have also thought about making some parallels between SC and EVE online. This is a subject that many, and especially CIG, are very reluctant to broach. Yet I believe that there are many things that the games will have in common. I would like to talk about the implementation of a global game economy, sovereignty over installations, systems and real-estate, as well as combat and damage mechanics and draw a few comparisons, because these are things I feel EVE excels at and SC would do better to take their experience in mind, without blatantly copy-pasting, of course.

3rd

Plus it doesn't necessary need to be EVE only. It can be ED, X, Wing Commander or even completely different genre like Homeworld or other game types like Battlefield. There are always bits and pieces that can be put together. They call this stealing like an artist :P

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

32 minutes ago, Napper198 said:

They call this stealing like an artist :P

Good artists copy, great artists steal.
- Pablo Picasso (?) :P

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

I feel like four people would be perfect for this style of podcast. I would help, but I don't have a MIC right now and my time on the weekends is almost always full for awhile.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

love the idea of this, would also be up for taking part in it too. We could talk about the news if there was any with around the verse and reverse the verse too. Would be a nice topical talking point.

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

What we need still is an opening theme.

So here is the schedule, it's late so feel free to moan about it, i don't intend on strictly sticking on it but its more abput if we get lost in the convo

Introductions and Org plug

Whats new

• free flight
  • starfarer
  • This months report
  • RtV/AtV

Open around the table discussion (do we set a time limit or just talk till we get bored?

Arena Commander

• What's changed in 2.3, have they fixed the missiles?
  • what needs to be fixed
  • what we want to see implemented in the future (wingman profiles etc)
  • CIG's rather delicate balance between juggling optimization, feature development, and schedule management

PU
---

• Perfomance
  • Star Citizen's Inputs and Layouts (With possible discussion on their benefits/current problems/needed tweaking)
  • Purrrsistance in 2.4 

@rucdoc discourse and discuss

Community downsides

• Renegade's "cheating" - our take as a Org that plays together every week
  • CIGs "secret" PTU and NDA - don't forget they had NDAs before
  • CIG's needed (or unneeded) involvement with the community (With possible discussion on where they need to be better about responding)

SC "vs" other sims

credits

Just a quick update:

There is a strawpoll on when the meetup will take place.

The poll is in Linus time (PST) so dont forget to convert to your local timezone!

http://strawpoll.me/7373278

~Judah

Another Update :)

We had a small meeting about some names that can be found here: http://strawpoll.me/7390843

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

Here is the rough draft. It is missing the intro and outro, and could likely use another final editing pass:

https://uoltt.org/podcast/s/txDoQtFL018YZS5

Post your thoughts and comments. What you liked and disliked. Once the final edit is finished we will get official LTT approval and release it to normal podcasting outlets

~Judah