i7-3930k V i7-4930k

MzCatieB

so im wondering what would be the better option 

3930k or 4930k

Character artist in the Games industry.

Depends on your budget. I don't think there is that much of a speed difference between them.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

They are essentially the same CPU. The 4930K is a more up to date version of the 3930K however is more power efficient and has a higher number of instructions per clock. If you already have the 3930K there is no point in upgrading the the 4930K as the performance does not counteract the cost. If you have a 3820 you might want to upgrade to the 4930K if you are CPU bound in the heavy workloads that you encounter. With that said I would only buy a 4930K if it was absolutely necessary as the X79 platform can be very pricey.

Sam,

Intel Response Squad member

http://bit.ly/IntelRally

If you already have a 3930K it's not worth upgrading. The 4930K is 5-10% better performing than the 3930K, but it doesn't overclock as good.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

If you already have a 3930K it's not worth upgrading. The 4930K is 5-10% better performing than the 3930K, but it doesn't overclock as good.

i dont overclock.

If you already have a 3930k then don't bother. If you are buying now then get a 4930k.

its a new build, iv decided to do a shuttle gaming workstation hybrid system in a HAF XB

Depends on your budget. I don't think there is that much of a speed difference between them.

the 4930k is £10 cheaper than the 3930k

i dont overclock.

its a new build, iv decided to do a shuttle gaming workstation hybrid system in a HAF XB

the 4930k is £10 cheaper than the 3930k

Then it sound like the 4930K is the way to go. If it's cheaper and faster then it's a no brainer

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

actually in here they sell 3930k for 742$ and 4930k for 799$ and if it was me getting that i would get(which actually i am getting one) 4930k since 50$ will worth it

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

actually in here they sell 3930k for 742$ and 4930k for 799$ and if it was me getting that i would get(which actually i am getting one) 4930k since 50$ will worth it

This is the build im planning to do... its a sort of Mini gaming workstation

post-2896-0-21920700-1379609883_thumb.pn

attachicon.gifO.o.png

thats quite nice actually ,it doubles my budget on my system :)

by the way do anyone know if 4930k RETAIL cpu's are soldered or not because i already delidded my 3570k i know the pain it causes

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

thats quite nice actually ,it doubles my budget on my system :)

by the way do anyone know if 4930k RETAIL cpu's are soldered or not because i already delidded my 3570k i know the pain it causes

Ivy Bridge-E CPUs have a soldered heat shield.

if it were me id get a fx-8350 and some beastly gpu's and maybe some liquid cooling loops.

I love gaming,pc building,talking tech.

Go for the Ivy based chip. I will always recommend the Sandy one as when you overclock both chips, the Sandy will usually (silicon lottery etc.) overclock past the Ivy and more than counteract the 10 percent performance gain that Ivy-E has over Sandy. However, since you don't plan on overclocking than Ivy will suit your needs better, especially since you're a game dev(?), you will probably have more need for extra PCI-e bandwidth than overclocking performance

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

if it were me id get a fx-8350 and some beastly gpu's and maybe some liquid cooling loops.

8350 and 4930k don't even compare..

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

8350 and 4930k don't even compare..

Yea this is second time in last 5 minutes that I see a guy recommending FX 83xx instead of i7. xD

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

attachicon.gifO.o.png

Dude it is awesome, and go for it, if you are not OCing maybe if you can find the new xeon ivy bridge cpu if any of them is in that range, but as a gaming workstation this is as good as it gets, all components are just right.

The only thing that might bother me personally is if sabertooth's small chipset fan is loud, other than that it's a pile of awesome!!! xD

Oh an i love your case choice, the XB is awesome, bought it over a month ago. Just be warned, there have been reports on newegg that the X dock may short out your drives, i personally could not give a damn about swappable HDD-s so i just unscrewed the x dock and installed my HDD the "old fashioned" way

One more thing. Do be careful with the clearance in the front you will only be able to fit 1 set of fans on your h110 because the 140 mm fans can only be installed from the inside, if you put them outside the front panel will not fit.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/cooler_master_haf_xb_review,9.html

i believe this is an H100 here, what i would suggest is to get the H100i or the standard h100 and put 2 sets of fans, because they would fit.

Damn i had to reedit this too many time, you tube links do not display... Go to Skrachwiz channel on you tube and find the HAF XB review, go to 12 mins and listen to what the dude said.

One more thing, I know i have gone off topic but DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT use the CM fans, they are loud as hell, even with a 9v adapter, just put them aside and get any other ones...

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

i agree that the i7 is tons better than the 8350.but if you spend $1000 on a cpu that is only about 65 percent better than a $200 cpu.why.

im just saying. why not spend that extra $700on some other upgrades

i agree that the i7 is tons better than the 8350.but if you spend $1000 on a cpu that is only about 65 percent better than a $200 cpu.why.

im just saying. why not spend that extra $700on some other upgrades

The 4930k is <$600.

Oh okay my bad. Should have double check the pricing

so im wondering what would be the better option 

3930k or 4930k

Only if you are building from scratch.  4930 being the Newest technology. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky to get a good 3930k, however, if i wouldve waited 3 months, probably wouldve got the 4930k. I hit 4.8 ghz easily.

Yep 4930k is what I'd get =]

Why don't you want to overclock? 4ghz can easily be achieved and it won't produce too much heat.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

i voted 4930k becuze i want that too. but if u have a 3930k its not worth to upgrade but its ur choice

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

4930k for you ^_^

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball