My problem with Mayhems (Specifically Michael Wood)

BCMods

I've used Mayhems Pastel in a build I did and it's been running fine for about four months now and no problems not to say that people haven't had legitimate issues.  I do think a lot of it is a result of the tubing used though. 

Personal favorite though is Primochill ICE.  Great customer service from them whenever I've had problems.  Been using this stuff for years.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Thanks for the heads up, will not be using mayhems products.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

@mayhems  you really screwed yourself over. You had a great chance, your dyes were awesome, but your attitude ruined your chance for a future customer.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

@mayhems  you really screwed yourself over. You had a great chance, your dyes were awesome, but your attitude ruined your chance for a future customer.

+ 1

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

I personally stick to plain distilled + kill coil. Coloured tubing if I want to match a system.

I'm sure if you used acylic tubing then the dyes probably wouldn't cloud so quickly as they wouldn't seep into the tubing. BUT at the same time, a company rep shouldn't be doing that. I myself have looked at their dyes before and they do look amazing, I just never wanted those horror stories back in the day that showed massive gunking and I'm sure those have been addressed with current solutions but I still prefer plain distilled + killcoil.

I understand why Mayhems posted here, they're a company that stands behind what they are putting out there and they want to defend their products, but there's a better way to represent your company. I'm sure there's still more to both sides of the story. Goodluck to both parties.

I understand why Mayhems posted here, they're a company that stands behind what they are putting out there and they want to defend their products, but there's a better way to represent your company. I'm sure there's still more to both sides of the story. Goodluck to both parties.

Except it was a load of bullshit? He accused me of lying and I posted proof that I'm telling the truth. With no reply from him, I think we can see who's more likely to be telling the truth.

EDIT: Autocorrect :P

I haven't finished my first liquid cooling build, it's in the process as we speak.  I do know that I've been looking at coolants and trying to decide what to use, but after reading this I've come to a decision as to what I won't use and that will be anything from Mayhem.  Not because of the possibility of staining or gunking up my pump.  Nope, quite simply for the lack of professional behavior that seems to come from that company time and time again on forums, FB, Twitter... for the most part anything online that is a social hub of any sort.  The kind of 5 year old attitude you'd expect to see in a Kindergarten class is almost more professional than their responses.

Thanks for posting BCMods

One thing I can guarantee you about mayhems is that you can expect no help from them if something goes wrong. However, when their coolants do work, they look good.

I think you've summed it up perfectly mate.

I have used mayhems multiple times with no problems. However one of my UV coolants went funny and was sent a new bottle that never arrived (or was never sent) however since then i have used  XT-1 Green and it goes well. I do believe their products are good but customer service might need some work

i7 4790k | Asus Z97 M-Plus | 16GB Mushkin 1600mhz | Sapphire R9 390X | Samsung 830 128GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair HX750i | Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition 

• 4 months later...

While I don't agree with his language there, you had no cause to try to purposely sway business away from Mayhems irrespective of whether or not you like their products/business ethics or not.

What is the point of bumping this thread other than to spread news on any and all of Mayhems issues? I don't see you posting about the hundreds of people who have had great customer service from them. I personally don't use their products and doubt I ever will but you just seem to have a personal agenda here.

I was actually going to go buy Mayhams Black Paste Water thingy but he has just lost another customer. #DistilledWater+KillCoil

Cheese

While I don't agree with his language there, you had no cause to try to purposely sway business away from Mayhems irrespective of whether or not you like their products/business ethics or not.

What is the point of bumping this thread other than to spread news on any and all of Mayhems issues? I don't see you posting about the hundreds of people who have had great customer service from them. I personally don't use their products and doubt I ever will but you just seem to have a personal agenda here.

I'm simply warning others about the issues I personally had. Where's the issue in that? I'm not making threads about other people's issues, hence why I'm not posting about others who have had a good experience. Having said that, I've got no issue with people telling me about their experience with Mayhems (Yes, even good ones) which you would know if you had actually read everyone's replies.

Why aren't you complaining to the other people who are, for example, complaining about a Corsair product?

Um, I don't know what VSG is on about but thank you man for saving ass.

I'm simply warning others about the issues I personally had. Where's the issue in that? I'm not making threads about other people's issues, hence why I'm not posting about others who have had a good experience. Having said that, I've got no issue with people telling me about their experience with Mayhems (Yes, even good ones) which you would know if you had actually read everyone's replies.

Why aren't you complaining to the other people who are, for example, complaining about a Corsair product?

Um, I don't know what VSG is on about but thank you man for saving my ass.

Cheese

I am not complaining here, just saying you have a right to talk about your experience but it is not fair to actively attempt to disrupt business that is another person's livelihood. If you have noticed my posts, I have attempted to correct people who were unjustified in complaining about other brands as well, including Corsair :)

@Amer, BCMods and everyone else: If you have a good or bad experience about a brand, please do talk about it. But if you have not had any experience with a brand, then read into multiple people's experiences.

I thought when the tube got white like that it was the plasticizer from the tube?

I thought when the tube got white like that it was the plasticizer from the tube?

It would make more sense that the inner wall of the tubing had some kind of issue and absorbed the color, it may have had more to do with it than just the coolant. 

I'm curious to see what sort of tubing he used, I don't think I've seen anywhere him saying what kind of tubing he used.

@VSG I agree with you completely, it's one thing to call out your experience, and another way for the way the guy from mayhems was acting... But to consistently put down the company over and over again and to really try to ruin their reputation just seems like he has a swelled up ego that needs a pat on the back.

Yes the tubing was ruined, but he didn't mention anything about blocks, or pumps, which leads me into thinking maybe it really is the tubing.   Tubing is extremely cheap, and I'm not sure why he continues to make a giant deal out of it instead of being the bigger man, and buying new coolant+tubing.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

@Lays

I've gotta go out now, however I'll add a proper reply once I get back. Please re-read my OP and you'll see that it is NOT the tubing that's causing issues.

@Lays

I've gotta go out now, however I'll add a proper reply once I get back. Please re-read my OP and you'll see that it is NOT the tubing that's causing issues.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, it just seems that way :P  and I'm also not trying to start a fight or anything.  Just trying to make my post as honest as it can be :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'm going to be honest, no I'm not trying to start anything with this post... these are just my observations.

1. That sure looks like plasticizer to me, thus indicating the tubing is actually at fault here. What type(s) of tubing are you using? You said you used five different tubings/brands, right? I read your posts and nowhere did you post any conclusive proof that it's Mayhems at fault here and not the tubing. Did you test the tubing yourself for plasticizer? Did you scrape the inside of the tubing with a screwdriver to confirm the presence of plasticizer?

2. It seems to me you just want to blame Mayhems for the issues when many users, myself included, have use Mayhems without any issues at all. Instead, perhaps you should look into the tubing itself - perhaps you've got bad batches of tubing?

3. I do agree that Mick could of handled the situation better without the insults but like others said you're attacking his livelihood and his products. Still, there's no reason for his attitude towards the situation and instead he should be trying to help you by testing your tubing but I suspect it's your attitude towards him and vice versa that causing the issue here as well.

I've used Mayhems for several years now without issues with the products itself. However, I've had issues with plasticizer but that's due to the tubing itself - switching out the tubing to another brand (e.g. some Primochill tubing has had plasticizer issues for the last year or so but some Primochill tubing doesn't have an issue... it depends on the batch) made all problems go away.

Really sorry you had problems with their coolant. I really wanted to use Mayhem's coolant but i was told by the really helpful people from FrozenCPU that dyes discolor the tubes and reservoirs, and that biocides like dead water cause problems to the pump in their experience and advised me against using any when i was interacting with them in 2012. They said that people that used just plain distilled water had less bad experiences with their water cooling parts than people with dyes and biocides. I took their advice and i have used plain distilled water since 2012 and i have only had to change my water every six months and i only had to recently had to clean some oxidization from my CPU block and the radiator, other than that i have no problems and my system runs 24/7.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

No problem for me yet using mayhem pastel with feser tubing for a month here! Let's just hope one day my orange pastel doesn't turn brown :)