HTC Claims Upcoming Flagship is "the fastest and smoothest Android device available"

Link to Article: http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/03/29/htc-says-upcoming-flagship-smartphone-is-the-fastest-and-smoothest-android-available/

Thoughts on this? HTC makes high end phones but will they make an Industry Leading Performance Leading Smartphone. My guess is this phone will cost at least $800 USD. I can't see a performance oriented expensive smartphone selling better than a Samsung Galaxy Note 6 or an iPhone 7. Most people don't need extremely beefy smartphones. Thoughts on this topic?   

I just want a decent phone with project tango tacked on. I would buy that instantly. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

1 minute ago, Nic said:

inb4 they polished it and threw it through the air hence making it smother and faster than the competition.  

They've been contacted by the blood hound team and they're going to stick it on the front. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I just don't see HTC succeeding in the premium market anymore. Samsung and Apple pretty much dominate this segment.

HTC please just fucking listen to what people want, the M8 with modern specs. 

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

22 minutes ago, AyeJayKay said:

I just don't see HTC succeeding in the premium market anymore. Samsung and Apple pretty much dominate this segment.

Well i mean, samsung and apple were dominant even before the HTC 7 came out 

1 minute ago, zacRupnow said:

HTC please just fucking listen to what people want, the M8 with modern specs. 

that was the M9 though. And that failed.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

3 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

Well i mean, samsung and apple were dominant even before the HTC 7 came out 

that was the M9 though. And that failed.

The M9 jumped on the specs, it performed the same and sometimes worse than the M8. Really the only thing they have ever done good is have front facing speakers and a metal body.

1 minute ago, zacRupnow said:

The M9 jumped on the specs, it performed the same and sometimes worse than the M8. Really the only thing they have ever done good is have front facing speakers and a metal body.

good IPS screens, Stock like android, battery life, great design, SD card support...

what phone does it better?

S7 still has touchwiz and a glass back, weak speaker, 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

1 minute ago, Sharkyx1 said:

good IPS screens, Stock like android, battery life, great design, SD card support...

what phone does it better?

S7 still has touchwiz and a glass back, weak speaker, 

Good IPS screens, every Motorola Droid model since 2013 until now where they only use OLED. Stock Android, every Motorola ever. Great Design, iPhone, Galaxy, Droid, Xperia, LG, Nexus, OnePlus... HTC's only design worthy of purchase is front facing speakers. SD card slot, Droid Turbo 2, Xperia Z5, OnePlus, Nexus, Galaxy S7.

It's not about what HTC did good in the past against what others did at that time, it is about what they did good in the past that is still good against what others are doing now.

And now the only thing HTC has against anyone is front facing speakers, which they seem to think is a good idea to get rid of in turn for making their phones look Apple-ish.

Hope it has an OLED display and even closer to stock Android performance.

2 minutes ago, zacRupnow said:

Good IPS screens, every Motorola Droid model since 2013 until now where they only use OLED. Stock Android, every Motorola ever. Great Design, iPhone, Galaxy, Droid, Xperia, LG, Nexus, OnePlus... HTC's only design worthy of purchase is front facing speakers. SD card slot, Droid Turbo 2, Xperia Z5, OnePlus, Nexus, Galaxy S7.

It's not about what HTC did good in the past against what others did at that time, it is about what they did good in the past that is still good against what others are doing now.

And now the only thing HTC has against anyone is front facing speakers, which they seem to think is a good idea to get rid of in turn for making their phones look Apple-ish.

So what you're saying is the HTC One is the only phone that checks all the boxes i point out?

Motorola doesn't use SD, but is pretty decent all around

Samsung uses Touchwiz and a bad speaker and glass back

Nexus phone's aren't super great, terrible battery life still.

LG seems alright besides the weird button layout

Now the HTC One M8 still has great battery life, a great screen, great speakers, its got a much nicer design as far as in the hand feel than anything samsung makes and anything apple makes since the iphone 5s. Moto Phones feel nice.

its a really great all around phone, is there anything that needs to be better than the M8? the only thing i could see is improving the Soc, but its not like its a slow phone.

HTC can claim anything they want. Since the leaks seem to point in the direction that they removed the dual speaker setup, I will be removing myself from purchasing one.

1 minute ago, Sharkyx1 said:

So what you're saying is the HTC One is the only phone that checks all the boxes i point out?

Now the HTC One M8 still has great battery life, a great screen, great speakers, its got a much nicer design as far as in the hand feel than anything samsung makes and anything apple makes since the iphone 5s. Moto Phones feel nice.

its a really great all around phone, is there anything that needs to be better than the M8? the only thing i could see is improving the Soc, but its not like its a slow phone.

Motorola does use micro SD cards, and has the best battery life. OnePlus, Samsung and Sony use SD cards.

HTC only checks one box over the competition, design, the only thing about their design that checks over is front facing speakers.

2 hours ago, zacRupnow said:

2 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

The Moto X Pure (Motorolas flagship) has an IPS screen, front facing speakers, great design, and an SD card slot. It's a huge upgrade over my M8. The only thing it's missing is a full metal design, but the edges are metal.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

No front speakers=try again HTC you screwed up again

Throttling?=try again HTC you screwed up again

Shitty camera again=try again HTC you screwed up again

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It's fairly easy to be smoother than the biggest competition: Samsung. 

However to be truly smooth? Doubt it unless they made significant changes to Android itself. 

So called smoothness aside:

I doubt HTC can succeed at this point even if they release the best phone on the market. It's pretty much about brand. 

I'd also be worried about purchasing a HTC device right now considering their potential demise (despite phones and vr being released). They have a decent track record of device updates but that would be moot with a bankruptcy. 

HTC get a lot flak for the M9 but its not as bad as people make it out to be. I think the first reviews did a lot of damage to it.
I have one my self, It rarely get hot and it feels smooth, the camera is good in daylight but yeah its far from good in the dark. The front facing one is great.
After the MM update the M9 feels like new device and you can see that if you head for the XDA forums for it. HTC fixes and continues to support their devices after release
unlike many cellphone companies.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

6 hours ago, DEcobra11 said:

Smoothest? 144 Hz?!??! /s

That would be actually cool.

I don't even know if phones use 60hz or higher screens lol. Gonna Google it right now.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

6 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

Sony Xperia Z series has front Facing Speakers since the Z2, and their UI is the best custom as its basically stock, SD, great design, amazing battery life, throw in Waterproof and its a great choice.

Personally i use a LG G3, love the back buttons so much and the pricepoint as killer.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

interesting, I still kinda want an android phone as a secondary

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Please just have the M8/M9 with updated specs AND A GOOD CAMERA. 

I wonder how they will make it faster when they use the same SoC as everyone else. Maybe they will go with the Helio X20, but I am fairly sure that thing requires a small nuclear power plant to power.

The problem with HTC is that they don't make their own products. Sony makes cameras and screens, LG makes screens, Samsung makes everything, don't know if Huawei makes any mobile parts but they are competing on price... HTC can only ever use products from other companies, plus do their own design. I don't think that is enough anymore.