I'm tired of 480p vids.

The Great Sayain Man

Hey Guys yesterday i wanted to watch Steins;Gate on my 27 inch 1440p monitor but the stream was in 480p and 480p on an 27ich looks awful. So i searched for a programm that can convert lq vids in full hd or ever 1440p vids. Some did work some didn't work but they all fuck my audio. So does anybody know a good programm to convert lq into hq vids? Cause that would be great.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

LQ source video to HD...isn't exactly practical....

Why don't you just download 720p/1080p versions from torrents?

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

You just can't simply do that. Just see it in a smaller screen like youtube does instead of full screen

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You just can't simply do that. Just see it in a smaller screen like youtube does instead of full screen

haha i still cant imagine how big does 480p looks on a 1440p xD especially if screen is not just infront of your face

haha i still cant imagine how big does 480p looks on a 1440p xD especially if screen is not just infront of your face

on4yd.jpg

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Get some of that 24 bit 1080p Bluray bro.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Upscaling is bad and there's nothing you can do about it unfortunately.

hmm that's bad. But there is that one trick on facebook to upload lq pic in full hd and then download them in full hd. Will that work with vids?

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Get some of that 24 bit 1080p Bluray bro.

I can't get the Blurays with german subs... (My Japanese isn't perfect yet)

hmm that's bad. But there i that one trick on facebook to upload lq pic in full hd and then download them in full hd. Will that work with vids?

Err...what? Upload a low quality picture in full HD and then download it in full HD? That implies nothing happened.

Oh it's ANIME! Yeah you'll have to go to youtube, they have some animes in full 1080P 

I love upscaled 480p on a 1440p 27" monitor...

PzgUrwV.jpg

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I can't find them either >.<

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Err...what? Upload a low quality picture in full HD and then download it in full HD? That implies nothing happened.

There is a button that says convert and upload this pic in full hd and then you can download it.

Oh it's ANIME! Yeah you'll have to go to youtube, they have some animes in full 1080P 

Yeah it's Anime but i cant find steingate with ger sub on youtube... 

You can't convert 480p into 1080p. Well you can, but it would be upscaled and it would be very pixelated.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You can't convert 480p into 1080p. Well you can, but it would be upscaled and it would be very pixelated.

FML...  :(

I don't see how you are so confused. You cant take a video or a picture and put it through a piece of software and expect it to know what all the missing pixels are supposed to look like and fill them in out of nowhere.

Just imagine having a 4 pixel square image with the skype logo on it (so basically 4 blue pixels) and expecting software to churn out the rest of it in a 128x128 high quality icon exactly how it should be!

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

hmm that's bad. But there is that one trick on facebook to upload lq pic in full hd and then download them in full hd. Will that work with vids?

Thats just upscaling it. It might make it look smoother by guessing color values between pixels, but I doubt that. That process is used in high grade image manipulation software to enhance ie. satellite images.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So why are you saying you need 1440p (which isnt a video standard) when your watching 480p and 1080p and 720p versions are available?

Sure you can? And when using better upscalers pertaining the source wasnt bad to begin with it doesnt look too bad. Its not 1080p but its also nothing like watching 480p directly.

Yeah it's Anime but i cant find steingate with ger sub on youtube...

never watch anime on youtube, there is always a better alternative out there.