[UPDATED]First look at the FuryX2

DocSwag
Just now, Prysin said:

you can get them on amazon for nearly nothing. They aint expensive.

Although, to find one that is ACTUALLY rated at Gen3 speeds takes some digging.... (it shouldnt matter, but meh, you know cheap knockoffs can always find a way to be shoddy)....

Yay! 990FX is Gen two anyway.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

There is no way that is a Fury X2. The board that was shown off back when the Fury X was launched was much shorter and a bit taller. That has to be a reference 390X or 390, as there is absolutely no reason to not put a liquid cooler on it. A single blower is barely enough for a 390X, not two full Fury X chips.

AMD didn't even say it was a Fury X2, they said it was a VR package. It can easily be a reference 390X, and from the looks of it I can tell that it most likely is.

Edit: I didn't expect that from Tweaktown, I honestly thought the photo was from WCCFTech. Even their own comments say it's just a 390X. I even remember the cooler design and that's definitely a 390X:

tGjzGD9kBm4Y.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg.0c099432

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

There is no way that is a Fury X2. The board that was shown off back when the Fury X was launched was much shorter and a bit taller. That has to be a reference 390X or 390, as there is absolutely no reason to not put a liquid cooler on it. A single blower is barely enough for a 390X, not two full Fury X chips.

AMD didn't even say it was a Fury X2, they said it was a VR package. It can easily be a reference 390X, and from the looks of it I can tell that it most likely is.

add a blower to the end of the Fury X2 PCB, and you end up with that.

Also, AMD has been using Fury X2 prototypes for VR demos for a while. It is VERY certain that it is the Fury X2.

Incase you wonder how it looks. Think about the EVGA 980TI Hybrid.... AIO + blower.

Just now, Prysin said:

add a blower to the end of the Fury X2 PCB, and you end up with that.

Also, AMD has been using Fury X2 prototypes for VR demos for a while. It is VERY certain that it is the Fury X2.

Incase you wonder how it looks. Think about the EVGA 980TI Hybrid.... AIO + blower.

Then why do they mention it NOT HAVING THE FUCKING AIO?! Honestly that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. The blower on a single 290X was already bad, there is no way in hell (and it would probably get as hot as hell) it could cool two Fury X chips. AMD learned from the mistake with the Fury X, that's why they slapped an AIO on it.

10 hours ago, Thiback said:

I shall admit I'm wrong then. But my previous answer still stands regarding the oddity of adopting a blower style cooler for a dual GPU card. 

Wouldn't that make the Titan Z a similar weird beast?

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

1 hour ago, GidonsClaw said:

but didn't that throttle? also at least the coolers in the middle :o

2 hours ago, GidonsClaw said:

I think people are getting abit confused 

im assuming when i say this but the fury x2 will have a watercooler and air cooler

if you look at thermal pictures of the fury x it looks very hot from the inside of the card, i think around 100c even if the cards temps arent nowhere close to that,, 

the original fury x realy needs an air fan

13 hours ago, zMeul said:

goes to their image and credibility

they're not confident enough to put an AMD CPU in that build

*AMD uses Intel CPUs* Ha! no credibility, no image!

*AMD uses AMD CPUs* Lol their CPUs are shit, still lying through their teeth!

When you sit comfortably on the fence, you start seeing all sorts of wacky things xD

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Just now, Pohernori said:

*AMD uses Intel CPUs* Ha! no credibility, no image!

*AMD uses AMD CPUs* Lol their CPUs are shit, still lying through their teeth!

When you sit comfortably on the fence, you start seeing all sorts of wacky things xD

I like being unbiased. A load off sometimes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4 hours ago, GidonsClaw said:

Well when I said a blower style GPU I meant one with a fan at the end. To me, the Titan Z middle fan makes sense since it blows air from both ends of the card, cooling both GPUs evenly. A blower style GPU cooler with the fan at the end of the card made little sense to me. I considered that would mean one GPU die would get significantly hotter than the other.
But as @WatermelonGuy stated earlier in this thread, this isn't that strange since older Dual GPU cards like the 9800 GX2, the GTX 295, the Radeon HD 3870x2, and the Radeon HD 5970 all featured blower style coolers with their single fan at the end.

Yeah, this is definitely a hybrid AIO/blower cooled card. There's no way they could cool 2 Fiji's with a blower cooler. That'll just be for cooling the VRMs like the current hybrid 980Ti's and 390X's on the market.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

15 hours ago, Demonking said:

Thank you. If you don't have faith in your own product why should you expect consumers.

Company A makes products X and Y
Company B makes product X2 (direct competitor to X)
Company C makes product Y2 (direct competitor to X)

Y's performance is noticeably inferior compared to Y2 to the point where it impacts X
company A uses Y2 product to showcase new generation of product X to maximize its potential as compared to using its own Y product and gimp product X.

gets called out. logic.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

16 hours ago, SubTract said:

Well the 5970 was basically a 300W card.
So if the fury x2 (I really hope they don't call it the nano x2 since its defiantly not nano) falls into the same bracket its plausible to use a blower style cooler

I however feel like it is going to be water-cooled and just use the blower for VRM cooling.
Presuming they're using the same PCB Lisa Su showed off
dualfuryken_0.jpg
They've got one hell of an extension hanging off the back of the card for a fan. 
2 water blocks would fit on there nicely.

Of course they wouldn't fit a fan between the 2 GPU's the way they have from the 6990. It could just mean that they didn't have another option.
The other thing looking at this image is the placement of the 2 8pin power connections. They would be blocked by an extension.

It could be that the actual Graphics card doesn't sit as far back it the case as the images lead us to believe. Perhaps a fake plastic shroud to deceive us all.

Of course they could have changed the board design significantly since then and it could all be codswallop.

It is liquid cooled look at the power plugs, there at the back. 

1 minute ago, Watermelon Guy said:

It is liquid cooled look at the power plugs, there at the back. 

Not necessarly : the nano also has the power connector at the back6pgAyKUTCUTI.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

2 minutes ago, Thiback said:

Not necessarly : the nano also has the power connector at the back

pretty sure he means that the card has no extension for the blower fan cause it would not work at all. hence, liquid cooled since the card will be a lot shorter

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

12 minutes ago, Thiback said:

Not necessarly : the nano also has the power connector at the back6pgAyKUTCUTI.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

That doesn't have a blower fan stuck on the back. 

I'd say that the FuryX2 will be watercooled, but I'd like to rephrase my previous post : I think having the power connectors at the back or at the top of the card doesn't seem to be determinant in the way GPU is cooled. 

In fact, a few blower cooler have already been seen with Pwr connectors at the back : look at the gtx 460 or the HD 5850.
The Nano hasn't a blower style fan but it isn't a watercooled card either, yet it has its power connector at the end on the back.

Guys all this talk about the FuryX2 being a blower card is nonsense.

AMD already found out how bad their blower cooler was with the r9 290 and 290x.

They wouldn't then put it on a card that is hotter and more powerful than those two.

It would make no sense if they put an AIO on their best Single GPU then, on their normally most premium product each generation, not put one on there.

The r9 295x2 had a fan on it, didn't it? So then why is everyone so confused about this fan?

Chances are its just meant to cool the VRMs, while an AIO is gonna cool the GPUs themselves. We haven't gotten any views of the top of the card, where the tubes would come out of if the card was watercooled.

AMD knows that the reference cooler on the 290 and 290x flopped. They wouldn't be stupid enough to put a cooler that flopped on a less powerful card on a dual GPU card that uses even more power. I don't think its a coincidence that all of the 300 series cards were virtual launches and there were no reference 300/fury cards (I could be wrong, correct me if I am, but if there are reference cards they must be like 370 series and lower as I am certain the only reference cards AMD launched on the r9 end was the Fury X and Nano, both of which were not utilizing the 290/290x cooler.

Personally, I think it would be stupid if AMD decided to air cool the FuryX2.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Is it bollocks a FuryX2...

083ee3d0-b84f-417f-8549-791a3618fa53.jpg

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

On 2/28/2016 at 7:21 PM, Monkey Dust said:

It uses two R9 Nano GPUs

it actually uses Fiji XT GPUs, but whatever .. potato, patato

the idea is that even the R9 Nano thermal throttles on air cooling

R9 Nano is 175W card that throttles on air

R9 Fury X is a 275W that doesn't throttle on liquid

Fury X2 would be a 350W card with air cooling :dry:

Plot twist, it s a 200watts Polaris.

43 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

The r9 295x2 had a fan on it, didn't it? So then why is everyone so confused about this fan?

Chances are its just meant to cool the VRMs, while an AIO is gonna cool the GPUs themselves. We haven't gotten any views of the top of the card, where the tubes would come out of if the card was watercooled.

295x2 VRMs located in the middle of the cards. From earlier Furyx2 PCB shots, looks like the VRMs located at the back and top of the card?
The card they used is most probably an R9-390x with reference cooler.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |