[UPDATED]First look at the FuryX2

DocSwag

Source: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/50717/first-look-amds-radeon-r9-fury-x2-dual-gpu-hbm/index.html

We seem to finally have gotten our first glimpses at the Fury X2 now.

first-look-amds-radeon-r9-fury-x2-dual-gpu-hbm_10

This is the first real look we have seen at the Fury X2.

Through the window we see a card that is obviously longer than any other Fiji GPU, but that's expected since it is a dual GPU, after all.

I personally can't estimate the length just from the pic, but you guys can give your thoughts on this one.

As well, on the end we see a fan that looks like one of those blower style fans. Most likely this is an intake fan to blow air through the card to cool the VRMs and such. It wouldn't make sense to be an air cooled car since the Fury X is watercooled and so far everything has been suggesting the fury x2 will be liquid cooled. Chances are an aio cools the two Gpus and the fan cools the VRMs.

Gimme your thoughts on this! Hopefully this means the FuryX2 is getting releases soon. AMD has delayed it way too long, so much that it will launch around the same time as Polaris.

[UPDATE] Roy Taylor has posted yet another picture!

Here we seem to see a row of systems all (probably) with Fury X2s in them.

AMD seems to be teasing the Fury X2 a lot recently. As well, he stated "shipping soon." Hopefully this means the FuryX2 will FINALLY be launching soon. It was way delayed and is long overdue.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Damn, I didn't expect it to be that big....

inb4 "That's what she said" comments...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

That could be literally any card in there, I see nothing to indicate that's a dual fury card. I mean, it might be but you shouldn't always believe everything you read on the internet.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Source: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/50717/first-look-amds-radeon-r9-fury-x2-dual-gpu-hbm/index.html

We seem to finally have gotten our first glimpses at the Fury X2 now.

This is the first real look we have seen at the Fury X2.

Through the window we see a card that is obviously longer than any other Fiji GPU, but that's expected since it is a dual GPU, after all.

I personally can't estimate the length just from the pic, but you guys can give your thoughts on this one.

As well, on the end we see a fan that looks like one of those blower style fans. Most likely this is an intake fan to blow air through the card to cool the VRMs and such. It wouldn't make sense to be an air cooled car since the Fury X is watercooled and so far everything has been suggesting the fury x2 will be liquid cooled. Chances are an aio cools the two Gpus and the fan cools the VRMs.

Gimme your thoughts on this! Hopefully this means the FuryX2 is getting releases soon. AMD has delayed it way too long, so much that it will launch around the same time as Polaris.

that's quite big :P

gonna be hot as f*ck though. AMD seriously needs to re-design their reference cards.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That could be literally any card in there, I see nothing to indicate that's a dual fury card. I mean, it might be but you shouldn't always believe everything you read on the internet.

Those PC's are exclusively made with the FuryX2 and are being shipped to game devs to help develop VR.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

3 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Those PC's are exclusively made with the FuryX2 and are being shipped to game devs to help develop VR.

Source? 

Also wouldn't they be shipping fire pros to game devs? Genuine question BTW.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Citadelen said:

What's your source ?

I am quite dubious to this being the FuryX2. When dual gpu cards opt for a blower style cooler, they have their single fan at the center and not at the end, so as to blow air from both ends to the cards and thus keep both GPU evenly cooled.
The card on the photo is a blower style card, with the fan being at the end. If this was the Fury X2, this would mean that the chip closer to the end with the video outputs would run hotter than the one closer to the fan. 

I'd say this is a single GPU card, and I would speculate that this would be a Polaris GPU.

12 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

that's quite big :P

gonna be hot as f*ck though. AMD seriously needs to re-design their reference cards.

It uses two R9 Nano GPUs, they are power efficient and don't kick out that much heat. It's not going to be like the old 295x2, which while epic did produce a lot of heat and consume a lot of power.

23 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Damn, I didn't expect it to be that big....

inb4 "That's what she said" comments...

That's what he said. 

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Source? 

Also wouldn't they be shipping fire pros to game devs? Genuine question BTW.

1 minute ago, Thiback said:

What's your source ?

I am quite dubious to this being the FuryX2. When dual gpu cards opt for a blower style cooler, they have their single fan at the center and not at the end, so as to blow air from both ends to the cards and thus keep both GPU evenly cooled.
The card on the photo is a blower style card, with the fan being at the end. If this was the Fury X2, this would mean that the chip closer to the end with the video outputs would run hotter than the one closer to the fan. 

I'd say this is a single GPU card, and I would speculate that this would be a Polaris GPU.

http://wccftech.com/amd-directx-12-vr-pc-9-times-faster-than-xbox-one/ Don't whinge that it's WCCFTech it's real.

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

too bad they're powered by Intel's CPUs xD

I don't think it should matter if their strategy is to showcase their new GPUs. When building project Quantum, AMD has been the first to admit that they used an intel CPU.

its a fury nano x2 atleast that is what amd twitter said before removing the pictures

1 minute ago, Thiback said:

I shall admit I'm wrong then. But my previous answer still stands regarding the oddity of adopting a blower style cooler for a dual GPU card. 

It's uses two Nano's so it's not THAT bad.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

It uses two R9 Nano GPUs, they are power efficient and don't kick out that much heat. It's not going to be like the old 295x2, which while epic did produce a lot of heat and consume a lot of power.

Yeah, its expected to have a tdp of < 350 watts. They could have it down to 300. Maybe, they are releasing a liquid cooled and an air cooled version. The liquid cooled one being the ultra high end overclocked fiji with a tdp of 375 watts and the air cooled version being the undervolted chips, at <350 watts. 

I am still surprised they didn't put the fan at the center. This is strange. But I guess we'll have to wait and see the temps to understand. 

Dunno why, but to me, it looks like a stock cooled 390 or 390X. I mean, I can't seem to see enough room for a radiator in that little case. Nor do I see any screws or mounts in that bottom right corner with the perforations.  

The stock cards are 11.61"(according to XFX's specs), which is roughly 30cm(29.48cm to be exact). That's about the length of the card in the picture.

EDIT:

NVM

We should expect the R9 Fury X2 to have a 300W TDP, but with Fiji's thermal throttling, we shouldn't expect the card to be running too hot - hence why we're seeing AMD not use a watercooler like they did on the R9 Fury X.

So, the Fury X2 is NOT watercooled? The hell?

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

3 minutes ago, TorqueS said:

Dunno why, but to me, it looks like a stock cooled 390 or 390X. I mean, I can't seem to see enough room for a radiator in that little case. Nor do I see any screws or mounts in that bottom right corner with the perforations. 

Yep that's what I think too. Looks like a single GPU card, yet it's teased as a dual GPU. Weird.

42 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

those are the developer pcs they are sending out to devs to do LiquidVR stuff

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

My God. She's gorgeous.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

31 minutes ago, Thiback said:

I don't think it should matter if their strategy is to showcase their new GPUs. When building project Quantum, AMD has been the first to admit that they used an intel CPU.

goes to their image and credibility

they're not confident enough to put an AMD CPU in that build

And i am pretty use that is  a Maingear PC case that they are using 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

If that really is the FuryX2 and it's air cooled - wow.  Just wow.  Even if it is two Nano's, those little guys thermal throttle so quickly, and if it is like the original Fury X, then it may not even get custom PCB's like the Sapphire Fury Nitro, so OC'ing would be low chance.  All in all - Titan X successor paper-release and teasing possible in April as newer reports are suggesting, so.  Eh.