Windows 10 Mobile Insider Topic

GoodBytes

Can anybody help please?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

So, you remember Amazon pulling their app from Windows Phone 8, and said that there will no Windows Phone support, and to use teh web...

Well Amazon is now saying, that Windows 10 Universal App is coming:

http://www.neowin.net/news/amazon-is-not-abandoning-windows-phones-our-team-is-working-on-the-new-app

Of course.. that story again, with all apps that says that they'll pull and have no more "Windows Phone" support.

19 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

So, you remember Amazon pulling their app from Windows Phone 8, and said that there will no Windows Phone support, and to use teh web...

Well Amazon is now saying, that Windows 10 Universal App is coming:

http://www.neowin.net/news/amazon-is-not-abandoning-windows-phones-our-team-is-working-on-the-new-app

Of course.. that story again, with all apps that says that they'll pull and have no more "Windows Phone" support.

I wrote them a letter, must have listened.... ^_^

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I wrote them a letter, must have listened.... ^_^

:)

New build. No log specific to Mobile

From the feedback hub app:

• We have improved reliability and performance of Microsoft Edge with AdBlock and LastPass extensions enabled. These extensions should continue to work after installing other extension updates from the Store.
  • We fixed an issue causing battery to drain due to runaway CPU processes while a device is idle. We also fixed a battery life issue due to the proximity sensor always running on some devices.
  • We fixed an issue causing Store apps to stop launching due to a licensing issue.
  • We have fixed an issue that results in Windows Updates being delayed on systems with Connected Standby.
  • We fixed an issue where the Korean IME would not have the correct composition on some custom TSF3 edit controls on PC.
  • We fixed an issue where you might not be able to type in text into Search or some Store apps without having to restart the process.
  • We have fixed an issue where keyboard input on some Windows tablet devices would not rotate to landscape normally.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:19 PM, GoodBytes said:
  • We fixed an issue causing battery to drain due to runaway CPU processes while a device is idle. We also fixed a battery life issue due to the proximity sensor always running on some devices.

I ran into this issue from the last build. I am glad they identified and quickly applied a fix.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

15 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Someone ported Pokemon Go to Windows 10 Mobile:

http://www.windowscentral.com/pokemon-go-windows-10-mobile-right-now

Nice. But no thanks :).

I don't play stupid garbage games on mobile :D. I play only a few.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Someone ported Pokemon Go to Windows 10 Mobile:

http://www.windowscentral.com/pokemon-go-windows-10-mobile-right-now

Interesting, it was bound to happen soon enough.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Starbucks app available on Windows 10 / 10 Mobile.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Mobile users is expected to be released August 9, if all goes well.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Mobile users is expected to be released August 9, if all goes well.

Will this only work in the US, Canada and UK?

11 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Nice to see another app supporting the platform but it is Starbucks. I have issues with them. 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

A bit Off Topic here but;

Microsoft Cuts Lumia 950 and XL Prices, Throws in Free Display Dock

The Lumia sale puts the 950 XL at $449, and the 950 at $399. With the added price of the Display Dock, customers could be looking at savings of up to $290.

By Ryan Maskell - August 4, 2016 6:05 pm CES

Source: http://www.winbuzzer.com/2016/08/04/microsoft-cuts-lumia-950-xl-prices-throws-free-dock-xcxwbn/

Sure enough I checked out MS's online store and here is what I found;

[click to enlarge]

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

You know. I am happy that MS takes its time with the Anniversary Update. I have the bug where if I call, or answer a call, the screen turns off, and doesn't back on until the call is ended. As the screen is off, you can't end the call. So you have to wait for the other person to end the call, and wait a few seconds after. Power button or double tap doesn't work to fix this. I still have issues with my car Bluetooth. It still manages to, after many connects and disconnects, to crash my car infotainment system. It reboots and I loose my rear and side camera views, and makes the car look bad to others. I usually need to force restart my phone to make it connect again after my car infotainment crashes. I beleive the reason is that the phone craps out with bluetooth (who knows, maybe sends a million connection like if wasn't connected while streaming music, voice and so on), and that crashes the car system. But anyway.. I doubt Bluetooth will be fixed, but the call screen off bug is a must.

Microsoft releases a new build to Insiders for all rings (including Release Preview): 14939.67.

This is not Redstone 2. This is Microsoft trying to fix the final issues of the Anniversary Update to officially release it.

Microsoft only shares 2 things fixed, but as usually, it probably contains more fixes as you can imagine from the big increase in the sub build number.

• Addressed issue that causes significantly reduced battery life on Windows Phone when using Bluetooth with “Hey Cortana” feature enabled.
  • Addressed issue that prevents users from completing the out-of-box experience (OOBE) with a local account using Korean characters.

Anybody on Official Release actually have the anniversary update? Cos I certainly don't lol. Once I do, I will get back into Release Preview.

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Anybody on Official Release actually have the anniversary update? Cos I certainly don't lol. Once I do, I will get back into Release Preview.

It's not out yet.

So after doing some testing, it looks like, at least for the Lumia 950 XL

• Double tap to wake was a improved and works well (it was iffy in the previous build).
  • Bluetooth connectivity with car has been improved, but still need to check the compatibility option for voice for it to work, despite a new car.
  • When receiving a call, or doing a call, the screen no longer turns off on itself, and stay off until the conversation ended. The proximity sensor which turns off the screen when next to your head, and turn it back on when it is away seems to be working very well.

No other issues detected so far. Need to test answering a call in the car, cause 2 builds ago it was not working. But assuming that continues to work, then great! It looks like it could be a release candidate for the Anniversary Update... at least for my phone. Of course, I didn't do any rigorous testing, and might encounter other issues, but so far so good.

9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It's not out yet.

Does the Insider app still work? I might use that now cos I'm impatient xD.

22 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Does the Insider app still work? I might use that now cos I'm impatient xD.

Yes. But once upgraded, it will no longer work (as Microsoft moved it within the OS - Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program). So, you can remove the app after. :)

Redstone 2 builds started on PC. Microsoft says that Mobile will need to wait, as the company is laser focused on getting the Anniversary Update of Windows 10 Mobile ready.

They say that they are almost ready. I must concur with my personal experience with my device.

I know a lot of Insiders are wondering about Mobile. Just like we did after the release of the Windows 10 November Update – we are starting off by releasing PC builds from our Development Branch first and then start releasing Mobile builds a few weeks after. Right now, the team is laser-focused on preparing to release the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to Mobile devices and we think we’re almost ready. You can help us out by making sure you are running Build 14393.67 (KB3176931) on your phone and sending in feedback on any issues you run into via the Feedback Hub. Our team is determined to make sure we release a high quality build to our customers and your feedback really makes a difference. I also recommend reading this post regarding supported Mobile devices for the Windows Insider Program going forward.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/08/11/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14901-for-pc/

For those interested,

A team called: Dormant Hackers Team, over XDA forum made an app for Windows 10 Mobile device that have been excluded from Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update due to the spec increase. This app makes the phone ID itself as a Lumia 950 XL, and therefore able to to get the anniversary Update.

The team is working in trying to get Windows Phone 8.1 users that can't get Windows 10 Mobile to get it, and getting 512MB phones get it as well.

The process of the app is simple:

- Install the app

- Run it

- Say if your phone is single SIM or dual SIM

- Tap on "Allow update" (your phone will be renamed to Lumia 950 XL)

- Select which ring of Windows 10 Mobile Insider you want to join and get.

You must keep note that the phone were excluded due to low specs or missing technologies. So upgrading your phone to Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update may affect your experience now or later on, and of course, there is no support.

I expect Microsoft will try and block this, because FOR SURE you'll have people going on the feedback hub complain about performance, and Microsoft will think it is Lumia 950 XL users that have performance problems.

Anyway, here is the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/windows-10-mobile/app-dht-upgrade-advisor-redstone-lumias-t3434774