Quantum Break will not be coming to Steam - Windows Store Exclusive

Looks like SLI can be struck off the list of concerns for the MS Store. According to what people are saying a patch of Rise of the Tomb Raider added SLI support to the Store version.

16 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Well, what can I say, ask all IMs to open their doors for third party solution, and I am sure someone will do a solution, like Trillian. Basically, you run Trillian at startup, and you are done, do a keyboard shortcut, and you have a Steam like overlay (which also looks nice), and you have all your chatting buddies from all different networks. It is a shame really, the guys at Trillian made that happen, and now almost everyone closed their chat IM APIs (or died, like Yahoo IM, AOL IM, etc.).

You go through Uplay/Steam/Origin, etc to install it. But the game should be in the start menu, or you can manually make a shortcut to.

1- Develop your game

2- Contact the platform of your choice to sale your game through, like everyone else.

3- Register with them (registration fee may apply), sign the provided contract with the sales channels you go through.

4- They'll give you all the information you need on how to keep track of your sales, control the price, and so on.

On Windows Store it is a bit easier, and more open.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/publish

And I think it is like only 100$ for registering

This is how I see our arumgent:

I go to a nice restaurant where you're my waiter. I get my food, and realize that I have no knife, fork, or napkin.

ME: Sir, could you get me some utensils and a napkin?

YOU: Ahh. We don't have those here.

ME: What do you mean? This is absurd! How am I supposed to eat my meal?

YOU: Well... you could just use your hands!
ME: I don't want to use my hands... my hands will get all dirty and I have nothing to wipe them on!

YOU: I don't understand why you're upset.. you could just wipe them on your pants!:

ME: My pants? Are you serious? Then my pants would be dirty!

YOU: Well you have a washer at home, no? You could just wash them!

7 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

This is how I see our arumgent:

I go to a nice restaurant where you're my waiter. I get my food, and realize that I have no knife, fork, or napkin.

ME: Sir, could you get me some utensils and a napkin?

YOU: Ahh. We don't have those here.

ME: What do you mean? This is absurd! How am I supposed to eat my meal?

YOU: Well... you could just use your hands!
ME: I don't want to use my hands... my hands will get all dirty and I have nothing to wipe them on!

YOU: I don't understand why you're upset.. you could just wipe them on your pants!:

ME: My pants? Are you serious? Then my pants would be dirty!

YOU: Well you have a washer at home, no? You could just wash them!

Nope. You are saying we should eat with a spoon only.

A fork, knife and spoon is offered to you.

You say how complicated it is to use them, why not 1 to rule them all.

I say, well you can use a spoon to cut, or better yet, you can ask the chefs to make their food spoon friendly.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Nope. You are saying we should eat with a spoon only.

A fork, knife and spoon is offered to you.

You say how complicated it is to use them, why not 1 to rule them all.

I say, well you can use a spoon to cut, or better yet, you can ask the chefs to make their food spoon friendly.

You're not offering a simple solution.. you're offering a bunch of inconvenient work arounds to problems.. That barely even solve the problems..

You're clearly not understanding what this argument is about.

2 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

You're not offering a simple solution.. you're offering a bunch of inconvenient work arounds.. That barely even solve the problems..

To me, the best setup is separate programs. No Jack of Trades, because all you get is: Master of None.

A true Italian restaurant will serve you better pasta dish, than one that also serves Hamburgers, Shishtaook, Steak, cold meet sandwiches, Indian and Chinese food, as well pasta all under 1 roof, and 1 chef.

Sure 1 place to go is simple, but is it better?

Anyway, competition is good. Having 1 choice isn't. The consumer always wins with choices, even thought he or she has to break his or her head at times

6 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

You're not offering a simple solution.. you're offering a bunch of inconvenient work arounds to problems.. That barely even solve the problems..

You're clearly not understanding what this argument is about.

Convince is not always the best option. Valve has already proven, multiple times, that they do not have the best interests of the user in mind. Not that MS, EA, or Ubi are better but good competition would be nice. One company having total control over how you buy and play games would be terrible. You want short-term convenience over actually improving the market.

Great, another store account to manage. What's the count to now? You know what, let's count it up now.

1. Steam

2. GOG

3. Origin

4. Uplay

5. BattleNet

6. Mojang

7. PerfectWorld

8. DigitalExtreme

9. HumbleBundle

10. GMG

11. NCSoft

12. Rockstar

13. ESO

14. SOE/Daybreak

15. EPIC

16. Nexon

And now, #17, Microsoft.

I left out quite a bit of other F2P games, but I'm counting everything that is either a store or a launcher, or both. Sixteen accounts I had to make and now manage and remember passwords to. A good 25% of them I have used my CC on.

I'm done. I'm not making another account for another shitty service. Every single company, for some reason, needs their own shitty launcher for their shitty service. There's enough "competition" for Steam, and it's obviously not working, so there's no point throwing another client in there for no reason.

Good luck Microsoft, but you've got my vote of no confidence right out the gate.

1 minute ago, EChondo said:

Great, another store account to manage. What's the count to now? You know what, let's count it up now.

1. Steam

2. GOG

3. Origin

4. Uplay

5. BattleNet

6. Mojang

7. PerfectWorld

8. DigitalExtreme

9. HumbleBundle

10. GMG

11. NCSoft

12. Rockstar

13. ESO

14. SOE/Daybreak

15. EPIC

16. Nexon

And now, #17, Microsoft.

I left out quite a bit of other F2P games, but I'm counting everything that is either a store or a launcher, or both. Sixteen accounts I had to make and now manage and remember passwords to. A good 25% of them I have used my CC on.

I'm done. I'm not making another account for another shitty service. Every single company, for some reason, needs their own shitty launcher for their shitty service. There's enough "competition" for Steam, and it's obviously not working, so there's no point throwing another client in there for no reason.

Good luck Microsoft, but you've got my vote of no confidence right out the gate.

If you sign into a MS account on Win10 you already have an account for the Store.

Just now, Derangel said:

If you sign into a MS account on Win10 you already have an account for the Store.

And a MS account is not required for Win10. So I don't see your point at all.

Just now, EChondo said:

And a MS account is not required for Win10. So I don't see your point at all.

That's why I said "if". I said it a few pages back but I think the ideal solution would be three or four major store fronts that all compete on a roughly even level.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

To me, the best setup is separate programs. No Jack of Trades, because all you get is: Master of None.

A true Italian restaurant will serve you better pasta dish, than one that also serves Hamburgers, Shishtaook, Steak, cold meet sandwiches, Indian and Chinese food, as well pasta all under 1 roof, and 1 chef.

Sure 1 place to go is simple, but is it better?

Oh my god. Give up on the analogy since you clearly didn't understand it. And you CLEARLY don't understand "Jack of all trades, master of none." It has nothing to do with operations being done in redundancy by multiple players (in this case being Ubisoft, EA, Microsoft, etc.).

Proprietary hardware/software/whatever has always been bad for the consumers of any market.

Clearly a lot of this stuff is just going right over your head, so I'm giving up on this.

Just now, Derangel said:

That's why I said "if". I said it a few pages back but I think the ideal solution would be three or four major store fronts that all compete on a roughly even level.

standards.png

2 minutes ago, EChondo said:

standards.png

That's how things always end up. Especially in tech sectors.

e9sA3oz.png

Only issue with the MS Store, I am fine with signing into my account for the store, but if I want to use my local account, I cant unless I go and remove the email.

http://i.imgur.com/e9sA3oz.png

EDIT : Just got a notification to just sign into that app, much better than when it was introduced.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

11 minutes ago, EChondo said:

standards.png

Why can't I funny, AND agree, AND good point this?

Just now, Derangel said:

That's how things always end up. Especially in tech sectors.

So you do see where I'm coming from, right? "Four major storefronts" won't do anything, because then there'll be dozens of other storefronts. Which has already happened. And we already have four major storefronts; Steam, GoG, Origin, and Uplay. Microsoft won't be making a dent into any of these services. It's not going to happen. We tolerated them for almost a decade with GFWL and it looks like they're trying to go that route again.

I'm not making a Microsoft account, I have enough accounts to manage and I don't appreciate Microsoft doing this. I understand why they're doing it and they're fully within their right to do so, but I'm not biting. If this is their way to appease PC gamers then I pity everyone who thought Microsoft was going to actually do something great for PC gaming, because this is nowhere near a good thing.

Just now, -BirdiE- said:

Why can't I funny, AND agree, AND good point this?

You can go suggest it in the forum suggestion thread :P

How dare Microsoft use their own platform. 

What a bunch of ungrateful tools.

/s

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

How dare Microsoft use their own platform. 

What a bunch of ungrateful tools.

/s

In without reading discussion!

8 minutes ago, EChondo said:

So you do see where I'm coming from, right? "Four major storefronts" won't do anything, because then there'll be dozens of other storefronts. Which has already happened. And we already have four major storefronts; Steam, GoG, Origin, and Uplay. Microsoft won't be making a dent into any of these services. It's not going to happen. We tolerated them for almost a decade with GFWL and it looks like they're trying to go that route again.

I'm not making a Microsoft account, I have enough accounts to manage and I don't appreciate Microsoft doing this. I understand why they're doing it and they're fully within their right to do so, but I'm not biting. If this is their way to appease PC gamers then I pity everyone who thought Microsoft was going to actually do something great for PC gaming, because this is nowhere near a good thing.

You can go suggest it in the forum suggestion thread :P

I see your point. I guess I just wish things would work in a way where these stores were constantly improving the user experience.

I would much prefer this to be on steam as I like having my library for games on steam like how I have Uplay games like Far Cry 3 which launches the uplay launcher then launches the game and Origin I just launch the games through that separately, but I've heard quite a bit of issues with games running which were the Windows store version like Rise Of The Tomb Raider not having full screen more like border less.

Meh

Hadn't heard of this game until yesterday, nothing of value is lost

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Do they accept refunds?

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

This is fantastic, WIndows store means it's probably going to be integrated more tightly and efficiently within Windows. You won't have to deal with 3rd party DRM.

As for DirectX, Yeah, it's a necessary move. You have to start some where. But you'll need a 9xx card or better to play it.

Personally for me, using Origin and Uplay has never been a issue for me. It only takes a few seconds of waiting for it to boot up. Buying games and using their library on their platform haven't given any problems yet. The only reason i dont use uplay right now is b/c Ubi hasnt really come out with a game that I want to play. So I really don't mind M$ having their own platform as long as they don't spam me with emails, make their interface hard to use. But that's just me.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w