This is why I am afraid for humanity

SergeantPepper

This is truly why I am afraid for humanity. People like this are going to ruin the chances of the less fortunate. People cannot always help who they are or what they look like. We need equality for all to make this world a safer place. You can see this guy throws microaggressions at her like typical conservative. This is an augury of the worlds lack of respect towards the less fortunate.   

There are a lot more reasons than that to be afraid for humanity. Take cell phones. Have you ever been on public transportation and looked around? Everyone's just staring at a screen.

It's pathetic, really.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

There are a lot more reasons than that to be afraid for humanity. Take cell phones. Have you ever been on public transportation and looked around? Everyone's just staring at a screen.

It's pathetic, really.

Or terrorists. Or war. A little scarier than phones. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's pathetic, really.

It is pathetic really. As much as I try not to use my phone, I can't help but live on it. It is an modern addiction that is crumbling the social world around us. 

Agreed. Also, calling fat people 'less fortunate' isn't very accurate; despite what a lot of people think having more fat usually doesn't mean you're more unhealthy.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Agreed. Also, calling fat people 'less fortunate' isn't very accurate; despite what a lot of people think having more fat usually doesn't mean you're more unhealthy.

You're right. Weight doesn't always have a direct correlation with health. A skinny or "average" weight person can be unhealthy just as easily.  

It's pathetic, really.

tbf before smartphones, people didn't exactly talk on public transport.

Wait you actually had faith in humanity lol

Faith isn't something I really have, things are classified as useful, entertaining, or trash. I can add sub classifications but to believe in something unconditionally that is a weird concept to me

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

It's pathetic, really.

Fuck this tired canard.

gallery_40059_1318_51141.png

I don't use my phone constantly. It's either dead or I've lost it. I find it when its dead, charge it, lose it again, find it when its dead.etc

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I see to many fat people being fat and causing problems.

im not gonna to assume they have a disorder first, if they tell me ill rightfully apologize 

It's pathetic, really.

isolation.png

Edit: damn, I got ninja'd.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

It's pathetic, really.

It is pathetic really. As much as I try not to use my phone, I can't help but live on it. It is an modern addiction that is crumbling the social world around us. 

95c6a7583ba31a6d918fbf1c30f2fe9c.jpg

OH NO!!!!! People aren't interacting with random strangers on public transport............

But seriously, the whole "omg phones are ruining social interactions and everything else" thing is total bull. People are able to have a lot more social interaction than they would otherwise with people who they can't constantly be physically close enough to talk, whether it's just texting a friend or video calling a relative in another country. Besides the social aspect, the internet also enables a lot more opportunities. For example, science can progress much faster because pretty much anything that's been discovered is accessible in online journals, and computing has enabled things that simply aren't possible otherwise. You wouldn't even be posting on this forum without "evil" technology......

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

It's pathetic, really.

People talked to each other on public transport other than the odd word? Funny... I seem to remember otherwise. You sat down, didn't bother anyone (unless you knew them), and got off at your stop. 

Sounds like nothing has changed other than the way people choose to pass the time on public transport...

It's pathetic, really.

I disagree. It's better than strangers awkwardly staring at each other in the bus.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Or terrorists. Or war. A little scarier than phones. 

Well, yea. But that's rather obvious, no?

Phones are also everywhere, where-as the chances of me ever seeing a war are slim to none, and terrorists have been around since the beginning of time.

Ever walked into a lecture hall and had every single person staring down at their phone?

It's quite odd. I mean, they're wonderful devices. Incredibly useful. But holy. I still remember the days when the time before class started was spent chatting with friends and meeting new people.

I guess that's what Plenty of Fish is for ;)

tbf before smartphones, people didn't exactly talk on public transport.

Maybe not to you...

Fuck this tired canard.

gallery_40059_1318_51141.png

Haha, that's pretty good.

Interestingly enough the music one isn't that far off from the truth. I, and a lot of the people I know listen to music on the bus when we don't want someone to start talking to us.

So. There are truths there.

OH NO!!!!! People aren't interacting with random strangers on public transport............

But seriously, the whole "omg phones are ruining social interactions and everything else" thing is total bull. People are able to have a lot more social interaction than they would otherwise with people who they can't constantly be physically close enough to talk, whether it's just texting a friend or video calling a relative in another country. Besides the social aspect, the internet also enables a lot more opportunities. For example, science can progress much faster because pretty much anything that's been discovered is accessible in online journals, and computing has enabled things that simply aren't possible otherwise. You wouldn't even be posting on this forum without "evil" technology......

It's a double edged sword, really. Sure, I get your point, and it is very much a valid one. However there are also a lot of people who can't converse in person. They haven't developed those social skills, and they completely fail at in person interactions. They have absolutely no etiquette about what's acceptable and what isn't.

How many people spend all their time on YouTube? I have friends who's siblings spend all their time trying to make it big on there. They have "friends" there, and "friends" on Facebook...but they have absolutely no one they actually go hang out with.

Did I ever say it was evil? No. Stop trying to make this into something it clearly isn't.

People talked to each other on public transport other than the odd word? Funny... I seem to remember otherwise. You sat down, didn't bother anyone (unless you knew them), and got off at your stop. 

Sounds like nothing has changed other than the way people choose to pass the time on public transport...

They do if you're approachable, I guess? I had people talk to me on the bus all the time.

I disagree. It's better than strangers awkwardly staring at each other in the bus.

It goes much farther than just the bus.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Ever walked into a lecture hall and had every single person staring down at their phone?

It's quite odd. I mean, they're wonderful devices. Incredibly useful. But holy. I still remember the days when the time before class started was spent chatting with friends and meeting new people.

Sure. I can also remember when people spent time talking and making friends before lecture, back in the good old days of last Friday.

The image of people becoming so engrossed in a virtual world that they ignore the people right next to them is certainly "compelling", but it is not so much interesting as indicative of the biases many continue to hold against technology and cultural change.

I have yet to see any evidence that people have fewer friends, lower quality friendships, or fewer aquaintances as technology has advanced. It's more of a sensational idea than something based in reality.

The point of the comic is that your attitude has been around in one way or another for over a century. The sentiments expressed in each frame are not invented - people have actually said things to this effect throughout history. It's as much nonsense now as then.

This is not to say that there are not issues and challenges to be addressed with the rapid rate at which technology changes; but this kind of melodramatic bemoaning of the "alone together" phenomenon of mobile phones is getting silly. We've been living with them for over 30 years; it's time to admit that of the many problems caused by the internet and social media, "people not talking to each other" isn't one of them.

You know what makes me afraid for our species? Asteroids. Big ones that we probably can't detect without substantial increases in science funding.
Stupidity is also something to be concerned about. Spose that fits in with the OP to an extent but I think perhaps there are things far more important to worry about than the ravings of extremists who don't profess violence.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

It's pathetic, really.

Yes because everyone wasn't reading paper on the transport before hand, I don't want to interact with complete strangers in public so I'll stick to my phone thanks. 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

I see to many fat people being fat and causing problems.

How fat do you need to be to cause problems? :o

How fat do you need to be to cause problems? :o

my teacher barely fits through the door

bumfuck Ricky

This name had me laughing in real life. :D

Yes because everyone wasn't reading paper on the transport before hand, I don't want to interact with complete strangers in public so I'll stick to my phone thanks. 

Sure, if you want to live that lonely life you're more than welcome to ;)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

You're right. Weight doesn't always have a direct correlation with health. A skinny or "average" weight person can be unhealthy just as easily.  

Are you serious ? Weight doesn't always have a direct correlation with health ?

Please go back to whatever Tumblr page you crawled from