What is the BEST Thermal Paste?

So I recently bought my Cryorig M9i CPU Cooler and I'm wondering which Thermal Paste would be best for it.

Should I use the Thermal Paste that comes with the CPU Cooler or should I buy my own, if so which would be the best option

TP´s are all more or less the same. You can use the one that came with your Cooler

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

MX-4 for the cheap but good one.

But if you really want the best of the best paste without getting into liquid metals, Thermal Grizzly's Kryonaut.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

So I recently bought my Cryorig M9i CPU Cooler and I'm wondering which Thermal Paste would be best for it.

Should I use the Thermal Paste that comes with the CPU Cooler or should I buy my own, if so which would be the best option

Thermal Grizzly's Kryonaut

Rig: 5950X | ROG VIII Formula | 6900XT
Laptop: 5900HX | 6800M | 16GB

MX-4 for the cheap but good one.

But if you really want the best of the best paste without getting into liquid metals, Thermal Grizzly's Kryonaut.

i think i might just go with mx-4 but my friend has a spare arctic silver thermal paste should i just use that? and save me like 8 bucks

Can't go wrong with MX-4. 

I recommend MX-4 too.

I used to put IceFushion from CoolerMaster but MX-4 is better.

But remember that proper heat dissipation is much better than a low/high class thermal paste.

I use now MX-4 and it's just a couple degrees cooler than Ice Fushion. (From 40°C to 38° under heavy load) in my case.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

CPU AMD A8-7650K || Motherboard Asrock mini iTX FM2A88X-ITX+ || RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || GPU ASUS STRIX GTX950 || Case BitFenix Prodigy || Storage Kingston SSD 128GB & WD 2TB HDD || PSU EVGA 650GS || Display ASUS VE228 21.5'' || CPU Cooling Noctua NH-D15 || Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue || Mouse Corsair M60 || Sound 4xJBL Speakers

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

i think i might just go with mx-4 but my friend has a spare arctic silver thermal paste should i just use that? and save me like 8 bucks

if its the Arctic silver 5 then yes

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Its good but be careful to not get it on of the electrical components, its highly conductive (Arctic Silver). 

Toothpaste. American cheese. Anal lubricant. Unicorn blood. Childhood aspirations. MX- 4.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

You can use that. Just be careful with that stuff tho. It's conductive.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Yes

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I use MX-4, and its really good

the best is coolaboratory liquid ultra

its liquid metal and very dangerous too

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Bought the Hydronaut because the Kryonaut was out of stock on Performance PCs and it actually dropped my temps on my cpu by 5C and GPU by 10C when folding and this was coming from MX-4. My mind is officially blown.

Time to camp until Kryonaut's restocked LOL

~~~SnapDragon~~~

if its the Arctic silver 5 then yes

rip he said its ceramique 2 .. i guess ill get mx-4 then

Its good but be careful to not get it on of the electrical components, its highly conductive (Arctic Silver). 

No, its not. Its slightly capacitive but not conductive.

rip he said its ceramique 2 .. i guess ill get mx-4 then

http://www.arcticsilver.com/cmq2.html

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Bought the Hydronaut because the Kryonaut was out of stock on Performance PCs and it actually dropped my temps on my cpu by 5C and GPU by 10C when folding and this was coming from MX-4. My mind is officially blown.

Time to camp until Kryonaut's restocked LOL

Hydronaut to Kryonaut wont yield much of a difference but yeah they are good pastes.

Rig: 5950X | ROG VIII Formula | 6900XT
Laptop: 5900HX | 6800M | 16GB

No, its not. Its slightly capacitive but not conductive.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/cmq2.html

Aye I misspoke but the idea is the same, keep it off everything but the IHS. 

I use MX-4, and its really good

the best is coolaboratory liquid ultra

its liquid metal and very dangerous too

Eats the crap out aluminum and copper to a lesser extent but good stuff. Use this on the die if you delid one and MX-4 on the IHS. I'd never use this on the IHS personally, just my humble 2 pesos. 

Aye I misspoke but the idea is the same, keep it off everything but the IHS. 

il just get mx-4... but the thing is everything here has like 10 dollars shipping cost here in australia :( and my local pc store doesnt sell it

il just get mx-4... but the thing is everything here has like 10 dollars shipping cost here in australia :( and my local pc store doesnt sell it

Did ya try Arctic Cooling's website? They ship pretty cheaply because it's from Hong Kong.

http://www.arctic.ac/

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Did ya try Arctic Cooling's website? They ship pretty cheaply because it's from Hong Kong.

http://www.arctic.ac/

should i just use my mates thermal paste? its the arctic silver ceramique 2

i mean i dont wanna spend like 10-20 bucks on thermal paste because ive already spent like 55 bucks on the cpu cooler (39 bucks for cooler 16 dollars shipping)

depending on how it compares to the mx-4

should i just use my mates thermal paste? its the arctic silver ceramique 2

i mean i dont wanna spend like 10-20 bucks on thermal paste because ive already spent like 55 bucks on the cpu cooler (39 bucks for cooler 16 dollars shipping)

depending on how it compares to the mx-4

Yeah you can definitely use that. If you ever get unsatisfactory temps, you can always buy another tube of paste.

Although I still highly recommend MX-4.

~~~SnapDragon~~~