Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

After owning a mechanical keyboard for around 3 months i can now see why people want them and love them, they just feel so much better to type on; i actually like typing on my keyboard compared to my work keyboard (although we have joked in the office about getting a keyboard with MX Blues in them); mechanical keyboards have made a believer out of me

Although i'll never see why individual RGB is so sort after i got it on mine because it was a refurb for £90 from Corsiar so ...

I'm thinking about a few things:

1. Getting some o-rings (suggestions? I'd like my keyboard to have less travel and be a bit quieter)

2. Getting some custom keycaps (where's a good place to get them for a cheap price?)

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Got a Corsair K70 LUX with Blues and I'm very disappointed with all the hype surrounding both Corsair and Blues...

That's an F in the profile pic

15 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Got a Corsair K70 LUX with Blues and I'm very disappointed with all the hype surrounding both Corsair and Blues...

i personally dont see myself changing my mx blue daily driver. for corsair i totally agree with you i bought 1-2 mice and a headset and one of the mice failed in one month

I think Taran would be pretty satisfied with this mechanical keyboard for his macro needs. :) Though the group buy is not yet live.

Laptop: HP Pavilion Power 15-cb002ne

CPU: Intel i7 7700HQ | GPU: NVidia GTX 1050 4GB | RAM: 12GB DDR4 | Storage: 128GB SSD (Boot) + 1TB HDD

Got k95 rgb platinum with mx speed (i had a logitech g410 that my dog chewed the cable) and mx speed > romer g , I though that romer g was way better than regular mx , but comparing with mx speed and the build quality of my k95 it's on a different league. My main problem was standar keys that collects dust and ash on the pcb, now with this "floating keys fashion" and aluminum body with one blow i can clean pretty well my keyboard and the keys seems to work like day 1 everyday.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

nice keyboards

CPU Intel i7 6800K  Unlocked CPU/Processor

Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Intel X99 RGB LED GAMING ATX Motherboard

RAM Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz RAM/Memory Kit 2x 16GB 2x

GPU ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 DUAL O.C. 6GB - Graphics Card

Case Corsair Carbide SPEC-ALPHA Black/Red Gaming Case with Window

Storage 250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVME SSD

PSU Corsair RMi Series 850W Fully Modular Power Supply

Display(s) AOC E2460SH 24" LED Full HD 1ms Gaming Monitor

Cooling Pure Rock Slim Compact Intel/AMD CPU Air Cooler

Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire Cherry Red Mechanical Backlit Gaming Keyboard

Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance FPS  Laser Gaming Mouse - Black

Sound Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64Bit English OS DVD

Hey guys, 

Is there such thing as a budget, tenkeyless and RGB keyboard ? Im finding £100+ to be a standard but are there any lesser known alternatives that i can still change key caps on ? 

Got the chance to review the Varmilo MA105C with their new Contactless switches; the 'Sakura' pink EC switches.

My review can be found here: https://caps-unlocked.com/blog/mathews-reviews-varmilo-ma105c/

I also posted my review in the members review section but it felt more fitting I also post it in here :D

On 5/3/2018 at 3:44 AM, Puddsy said:

from a few months ago

maybe i'll take better pics later

anyway hi i'm on this forum now

Love the styling of the Mira, really clean. My friend has one and the build quality is exceptional! The only thing that lets it down for me is the logo above the arrow cluster. Just cant stand that bit...

Nice caps though too!

23pOnx9.jpg

Das Keyboard Model S Professional wrapped in vinyl with blank PBT keys and Kailh Bronze switches.

AMD ThreadRipper 2950X | ASUS Zenith Extreme | 4x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2933 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W P2 | Custom Rigid Watercooling

250GB Samsung 850 EVO | 500GB Crucial MM200 | 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 10

ASUS PG279Q 27" 1440p@165Hz | 2x Acer G276HLGbd 27" 1080p@60Hz | Avera 49EQX10 49" 2160p@60hz | HTC Vive 2x3.6" 1200p@90Hz

Edifier S2000 Pro | V-Moda Crossfade Wireless II | Schiit Modi + Magni

Logitech G900 | Das Keyboard Model S w/ Blank PBT Keys + Kailh Bronze Speed Switches | Logitech G920

I have a strafe cherry red keyboard and keep having my e key typing the top row it's intermittent last time i had to del the folders in side the  ICUE and then it starts again. any help with this. eiopqrtuwy

if at first you don't break it you must have followed the directions

3 hours ago, geo3 said:

Did you swap them your self? I don't DAS Kailh speed switches by default.

Yup, the board originally had MX browns. Replacing the switches was actually surprisingly easy.

UKVEgCR.jpg

AMD ThreadRipper 2950X | ASUS Zenith Extreme | 4x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2933 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W P2 | Custom Rigid Watercooling

250GB Samsung 850 EVO | 500GB Crucial MM200 | 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 10

ASUS PG279Q 27" 1440p@165Hz | 2x Acer G276HLGbd 27" 1080p@60Hz | Avera 49EQX10 49" 2160p@60hz | HTC Vive 2x3.6" 1200p@90Hz

Edifier S2000 Pro | V-Moda Crossfade Wireless II | Schiit Modi + Magni

Logitech G900 | Das Keyboard Model S w/ Blank PBT Keys + Kailh Bronze Speed Switches | Logitech G920

Finally joining in on this!

Logitech G810

Romer-G Tactile

Full Size

No mods planned.

Haven't received it yet, but I finally joined in on the Mech Keyboard department.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Hello,

Does anyone have experiance with bloody keyboards? Im curious how their new optical switches LK3 compare to cherry mx and others. Especialy interested in clicky (oranges i think).