[Privacy] How to stop Mom from spying on me? (Facebook)

Redicat

Look into this before fathering children, please. For your own sake if not for theirs. Kids are not legally responsible for the crimes they commit. Until the age of 14 in Germany, it's the parent, who pays the fines and in cases, goes to jail. Obviously you'd risk losing your kid to social services too. Like I said, sneaking behind the backs of your parents has nothing to do with privacy. I'm not saying privacy isn't among the most important freedoms us humans can have. Not even that kids should not be entitled to a degree of privacy from their parents too. But it's the parent's task to determine that degree, not the kid's. 

I did look into this quite a lot. We are not talking about crimes here, are we? It's not a crime to hide something from your parents. Now if OP was to post something against law on his facebook page, sure. However parents are not the ones to determine what their kids' opinion is on facebook. To make an example how important privacy is: There are people (some teachers, psychiatrists etc.) who are not allowed to tell anybody about what you told them, even if you are planning to murder someone they are only allowed to tell the victim this. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Look into this before fathering children, please. For your own sake if not for theirs. Kids are not legally responsible for the crimes they commit. Until the age of 14 in Germany, it's the parent, who pays the fines and in cases, goes to jail. Obviously you'd risk losing your kid to social services too. Like I said, sneaking behind the backs of your parents has nothing to do with privacy. I'm not saying privacy isn't among the most important freedoms us humans can have. Not even that kids should not be entitled to a degree of privacy from their parents too. But it's the parent's task to determine that degree, not the kid's.

Just because the law says something that doesn't make it right

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

For my next trick i will guess the age of the OP correctly, deducing clues from his post..

#FckYouSherlock

Details separate people.

parents do not and should not know everything their kid does. 

Says the kid.

I'm sorry, but you are not right.  And here's the cliche that no one ever likes to hear:  One day you'll understand. 

Forget what's LEGAL for a moment, I have a moral and ethical obligation to know what my underage son is doing and where he's doing it whether it's online or not.  Any decent German parent would say the same thing. 

I am the parent, and I'm responsible for him, his actions, and his discipline.  Any one who says otherwise is either not a parent or ignorant (or a bad parent). 

You didnt see the meme?

How do you type meme? mémé or memé or meme?

meme. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Don't use Facebook.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Says the kid.

I'm sorry, but you are not right.  And here's the cliche that no one ever likes to hear:  One day you'll understand. 

Forget what's LEGAL for a moment, I have a moral and ethical obligation to know what my underage son is doing and where he's doing it whether it's online or not.  Any decent German parent would say the same thing. 

I am the parent, and I'm responsible for him, his actions, and his discipline.  Any one who says otherwise is either not a parent or ignorant (or a bad parent). 

Both of my parents respect what i do and my decicions. I wouldn't classify myself as a kid with 16 years, even our teachers don't see us as kids. My dad is lawyer and therefore supports me in everything that i do, except illegal things, which is 1:1 what he told me. I'm 100% certain you do not know everything your kid does online or in real life, you don't know everything happening in school etc. My parents don't know that i have a girlfriend(yet), in your thinking this would be something bad. I don't think it's something bad because it may or may not work out, they may be unhappy about it, unnecessarily. The other way around, i don't know many things about my parents. I don't know for who they vote, i don't know what grades my father had in school etc. 

I hate it to be called out as a "kid" online, accused of not knowing what the hell im talking about. Probably would be a better idea to not give the age on this forum. 

Privacy, gonna say it once more, is something extremly important. It is what our constitution is pretty much built around.

Put yourself into the position of a child writing a letter to let's say his uncle.  He is a person that you can talk to because he is your relative, but not your parent. There are things you do not want to talk about with your parents. German constitution §10 does not allow anyone except the recipient, yes parents aswell, to read that letter. 

I will put it that way:

You are a bad parent if you have to control everything your child does because you clearly failed at educating your child what to do and what not to do. (Obviously what i have written applies to teenagers more than kids, the term "kid" is only something i use when i think of someone that can be influated and cannot really form an own opinion, just assuming OP is a teenager)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I've completely stopped using Facebook like a year ago or so, because of this issue.

Start paying the bills, then you can have some privacy.

Just stop using it

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Both of my parents respect what i do and my decicions. I wouldn't classify myself as a kid with 16 years, even our teachers don't see us as kids. My dad is lawyer and therefore supports me in everything that i do, except illegal things, which is 1:1 what he told me. I'm 100% certain you do not know everything your kid does online or in real life, you don't know everything happening in school etc. My parents don't know that i have a girlfriend(yet), in your thinking this would be something bad. I don't think it's something bad because it may or may not work out, they may be unhappy about it, unnecessarily. The other way around, i don't know many things about my parents. I don't know for who they vote, i don't know what grades my father had in school etc. 

I hate it to be called out as a "kid" online, accused of not knowing what the hell im talking about. Probably would be a better idea to not give the age on this forum. 

Privacy, gonna say it once more, is something extremly important. It is what our constitution is pretty much built around.

Put yourself into the position of a child writing a letter to let's say his uncle.  He is a person that you can talk to because he is your relative, but not your parent. There are things you do not want to talk about with your parents. German constitution §10 does not allow anyone except the recipient, yes parents aswell, to read that letter. 

I will put it that way:

You are a bad parent if you have to control everything your child does because you clearly failed at educating your child what to do and what not to do. (Obviously what i have written applies to teenagers more than kids, the term "kid" is only something i use when i think of someone that can be influated and cannot really form an own opinion, just assuming OP is a teenager)

Oh. Well.. congratulations.  You're another kid of rich parents that doesn't want to be called a kid because he thinks he knows it all. Kids like you are born every day. That's nothing new. 

I get it.  I'm down with that.  

Best of luck to you. 

Poke her in the eye with your 3rd leg it should scare her off.

Yes i do make up things i have not tried myself.

WARNING you may get sectioned.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Oh. Well.. congratulations.  You're another kid of rich parents that doesn't want to be called a kid because he thinks he knows it all. Kids like you are born every day. That's nothing new. 

I get it.  I'm down with that.  

Best of luck to you. 

Honestly you seem more than uneducated to me. You want to be the adult with a child but cannot make an argument in a single way. You have not brought up a single argument and speculate around my parents. My mother does not currently have a job, i'm far from rich. 

I had to work for my PC, i had to work for my sound system. 

You are in no position to speculate around my private life. I know i don't know it all ,thats why im going to school for 2 more years, but you seem like you know it all while you don't. You think you are better than me or have more knowledge than me because you are older, which, by your replies, is in no way true. 

I'd appreciate if you at least accept that you were wrong and not insult me in any way. Stop your prejudice, "kids like me" often know more than you might think, a german quotation from Franklin P. Jones "Mann kann viel von Kindern lernen. Zum Beispiel, wieviel Geduld man hat." which basicly translates to: "You can learn a lot from kids, for example how much patience you have."  Thank you. 

When you post an update you can select who sees it. "Everyone" "Friends" "only me" etc. Press the custom button. You can add certain people to a "group". Sort of free post targetting for your friends. Just add everyone to the group but exclude your mom. Easy.

No need you can do the opposite: you have the option of share with: everyone then except: put your mom there. It will even remember that setting for future posts. The only things that might be public by default after that are like the stupid background images, depends on your previous settings your profile pictures. 

I have a lot of slutty friends on my facebook and people usually tag me in photos of some dude's junk and such so I actually do not allow anything I am tagged in to be posted to my timeline without me approving it first, which I almost never do. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Umm sure but dude, over 2k posts and no avatar? Please use something as an avatar.

This is a good point. I'll take care of it, no idea what to put as an avatar lol. 

This is a good point. I'll take care of it, no idea what to put as an avatar lol. 

Something involving goats :)

-------

Current Rig

-------

Something involving goats :)

Baby goats look cute  :D

Honestly you seem more than uneducated to me. You want to be the adult with a child but cannot make an argument in a single way.

It's not that I cannot, I chose not to engage in an argument with a kid on an online forum. It's just infantile to encourage such behavior... this might as well be YouTube comments with behavior like that. But kids like you are everywhere and I've met plenty so I know what to expect. But you know what else? That's all just a part of you (or any one for that matter) growing up and experiencing the world.

It's not that I cannot, I chose not to engage in an argument with a kid on an online forum. It's just infantile to encourage such behavior... this might as well be YouTube comments with behavior like that. But kids like you are everywhere and I've met plenty so I know what to expect. But you know what else? That's all just a part of you (or any one for that matter) growing up and experiencing the world.

A good thing you meet kids like me because they might just be more grown up than some adults around. You still have not told me what in my sentences makes me argue like a "kid". 

By the way, how can you call me a rich kid while your sons PC is worth as much as a used Car? I don't understand the world sometimes

Edit: Since i can't seem to reach my goal of having a conversation with you, have a nice day.

A good thing you meet kids like me because they might just be more grown up than some adults around. You still have not told me what in my sentences makes me argue like a "kid". 

By the way, how can you call me a rich kid while your sons PC is worth as much as a used Car? I don't understand the world sometimes

Edit: Since i can't seem to reach my goal of having a conversation with you, have a nice day.

Kids aren't legally aloud to live without their parents for a reason. 

Normally, if it's something you have to hide, it's because it's something that you shouldn't be doing. His point about you arguing like a "kid" is that you're acting like a "kid" who doesn't want his parents to know what he's doing, and that's the total opposite of what parents are for, and you should know that.

aloud 

It's hard to take you seriously when you spell like a 6 year old.