[Privacy] How to stop Mom from spying on me? (Facebook)

Redicat

Kids aren't legally aloud to live without their parents for a reason. 

Normally, if it's something you have to hide, it's because it's something that you shouldn't be doing. His point about you arguing like a "kid" is that you're acting like a "kid" who doesn't want his parents to know what he's doing, and that's the total opposite of what parents are for, and you should know that.

It is not necessarily something illegal. Sure, oftentimes it's underaged kids drinking alcohol or smoking or whatever. Oftentimes it's personal things, problems with friends, maybe with the parents them selves. Maybe things that parents don't understand. Let's make an example: I now have many hours in cs:go, many inside jokes etc. come up in the community, on reddit or whatever. If i was to write something about "Bot Allu". Maybe something politicly uncorrect but funny, Allahu Akbar Compilations f.e., 9/11 - IGN or whatever. My parents would flood me with questions about it. It's better to not tell them, it's not illegal. There is thousands of things that parents better not know about. You know this because you were a kid yourself, and now you probably don't tell your parents everything either. Theres laws to enforce this (At least in germany). 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Unless your hiding something like your sexuality you should really just watch what you post... If you mom wouldn't approve chances are it's not something you want on your page

This guys knows what's up. I honestly would just watch what you post. Respect your mothers rights to view your Facebook. Facebook is public domain so you should really be watching what you say anyways.

To answer your question tho, you can change those settings in your security. You can also view what your facebook would look like to other people through the same page.

It's hard to take you seriously when you spell like a 6 year old.

Sorry, English wasn't my first language lol.

It is not necessarily something illegal. Sure, oftentimes it's underaged kids drinking alcohol or smoking or whatever. Oftentimes it's personal things, problems with friends, maybe with the parents them selves. Maybe things that parents don't understand. Let's make an example: I now have many hours in cs:go, many inside jokes etc. come up in the community, on reddit or whatever. If i was to write something about "Bot Allu". Maybe something politicly uncorrect but funny, Allahu Akbar Compilations f.e., 9/11 - IGN or whatever. My parents would flood me with questions about it. It's better to not tell them, it's not illegal. There is thousands of things that parents better not know about. You know this because you were a kid yourself, and now you probably don't tell your parents everything either. Theres laws to enforce this (At least in germany). 

What do you mean it isn't illegal? Kids aren't aloud to live on their own.

I agree with your point about the parents questioning you and stuff. They don't tend to understand that stuff no matter how hard you try to explain. 

It's not that I cannot, I chose not to engage in an argument with a kid on an online forum. It's just infantile to encourage such behavior... this might as well be YouTube comments with behavior like that. But kids like you are everywhere and I've met plenty so I know what to expect. But you know what else? That's all just a part of you (or any one for that matter) growing up and experiencing the world.

Listen, I'm mature for my age, everyone says so, even nana

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

FB is a platform for broadcasting information; mostly information intended to be broadcast, also sometimes information that isn't. Having stated the obvious i think you have a couple of options:

Have a chat with mum about how you use the net and why you would like to have some level of autonomy and independence in your personal friendships and social life,

OR (it totally depends on the relationship you have with your folks)

Use Fb's settings to choose who your posts are shared with and when. Also use the limit past posts option regularly,

OR

Basically what these peeps said already....

If you wanted privacy you shouldn't have made a facebook account. The whole point of facebook is giving your private stuff away to the wind. If you don't want her finding out what you post, the best way is to delete your account.

Or you can choose not to show your posts to specific people, but that doesn't mean they can't find out about them if they want to.

Add her to a restricted list then share posts as friends except restricted. 

What do you mean it isn't illegal? Kids aren't aloud to live on their own.

I agree with your point about the parents questioning you and stuff. They don't tend to understand that stuff no matter how hard you try to explain. 

I was not speaking about what you said about they are not allowed to live on their own. I was just speaking generally, what you hide from someone/parents is NOT necessarily something illegal

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I was not speaking about what you said about they are not allowed to live on their own. I was just speaking generally, what you hide from someone/parents is NOT necessarily something illegal

EDIT

My bad, quoted the wrong user.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

No it's not. I didn't say it was. I was saying that you have parents for a reason. If you have something to hide, it's usually not something that you should be doing was my point.

No it's not. I didn't say it was. I was saying that you have parents for a reason. If you have something to hide, it's usually not something that you should be doing was my point.

My issue was not hiding things, it was that my parents would constantly join in with conversations I had with friends, responded to pictures from friends etc.

The hiding part was still there, I mean... I had a sleepover at a friends house, and my mom is absolutely allergic to going bed late, she never goes to bed later than 23:30. And she also can't handle me going to bed later than her, so I always end up going to bed at 22:30/23:00 during holidays.

Now at that sleepover, we went to bed at 02:00, and I posted on Facebook about it being fun.

My mom got angry at me and I had to go to bed at 21:00 the following 3 days...

But this was over a year ago, I completely quit Facebook, and I've never had any other kind of similar social network.

My issue was not hiding things, it was that my parents would constantly join in with conversations I had with friends, responded to pictures from friends etc.

The hiding part was still there, I mean... I had a sleepover at a friends house, and my mom is absolutely allergic to going bed late, she never goes to bed later than 23:30. And she also can't handle me going to bed later than her, so I always end up going to bed at 22:30/23:00 during holidays.

Now at that sleepover, we went to bed at 02:00, and I posted on Facebook about it being fun.

My mom got angry at me and I had to go to bed at 21:00 the following 3 days...

But this was over a year ago, I completely quit Facebook, and I've never had any other kind of similar social network.

Every parent is different, i guess you just have to go with what works with your parents. 

You can manage who sees your posts in the privacy settings, hlhowever common sense is your best form of privacy, don't complain about parents and general anything you wouldn't say to your siblings/cousins don't post because it will com back

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

How do i stop people like my mom from Spying on me on Facebook, i feel like Facebook limits your privacy... 

I mean i react on people's like Memé's and technology and sometimes just local news ans stuff...

-snip-

You've been given multiple possible solutions. Have you tried any of them yet?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You've been given multiple possible solutions. Have you tried any of them yet?

It didnt help but i quitted facebook kinda lolz

How do i stop people like my mom from Spying on me on Facebook, i feel like Facebook limits your privacy... 

I mean i react on people's like Memé's and technology and sometimes just local news ans stuff...

fbstatusupdate.jpg

unfriend and just set every single post to "only friends can see"

unfriend and just set every single post to "only friends can see"

But than others cant find it lol