Well someone didn't cap my internet!

Rektagon

So today I was staying up late like the usual and I felt like the webpages I was loading seamed to load a little bit faster than normal. So I headed on over to my trusty old pal I call "Speedtest.net" and I clicked that amazing button called "Start test" and guess what! The needle went blasting through the end of the speedometer and around and around it went. 1, 2, 3, 4. It was never going to stop. But it did, and it just so happened to be at 228 Mbps Download and 17 Mbps Upload. THATS 78 MB HIGHER THAN ITS SUPPOSE TO BE! I felt like the king of the world. I could download anything in a couple of seconds (I could always do that). But I looked down at the time and the default lame ass windows calendar said "2:42 AM". I was the only one up in my house. The whole neighborhood? The whole county? Holy crap, I'm going to become Nocturnal! This is amazing!

post-186991-0-80572900-1450770943.png

Probably your ISP allowing you to burst higher than your speed. AT&T lets me do that, but only like 10-20Mbps more than usual, and usually after 1am till 8am lol.

So today I was staying up late like the usual and I felt like the webpages I was loading seamed to load a little bit faster than normal. So I headed on over to my trusty old pal I call "Speedtest.net" and I clicked that amazing button called "Start test" and guess what! The needle went blasting through the end of the speedometer and around and around it went. 1, 2, 3, 4. It was never going to stop. But it did, and it just so happened to be at 228 Mbps Download and 17 Mbps Upload. THATS 78 MB HIGHER THAN ITS SUPPOSE TO BE! I felt like the king of the world. I could download anything in a couple of seconds (I could always do that). But I looked down at the time and the default lame ass windows calendar said "2:42 AM". I was the only one up in my house. The whole neighborhood? The whole county? Holy crap, I'm going to become Nocturnal! This is amazing!

HOLY .......... Yeah, I'm jealous, we can't get speeds like that in the UK without buying business broadband.  :(  :P

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Probably your ISP allowing you to burst higher than your speed. AT&T lets me do that, but only like 10-20Mbps more than usual, and usually after 1am till 8am lol.

Ya, I think its mostly just nobody being on at the time. With nobody in the neighborhood using any bandwidth I get to use as much as my router can handle.

I think I win!

4935518236.png

Are you sure about that?

4935534799.png

I think I'll beat my score after like 2 days. It'll be 0.5Mbps D/U.

Data cap is 125G. ha ha! :D

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

And here i am stuck on 17 Mb/s.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Sometimes I get ~125 and ~13, I pay for 100/10 so it's a good boost.

Usually I am getting ~115-120 constant with 11-12 up

I want to get the next package up but it is like 4x more expensive and not much faster!

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I got a 10ms ping, 380MB down and 290MB up on my country (Malaysia).

When lives hand you lemon, suck them hard and post a selfie with it.

I got a 10ms ping, 380MB down and 290MB up on my country (Malaysia).

;( RIP

And I'm here crying after looking at that with my 6Mbps connection :(

I think I win!

4935518236.png

But... But Dodo is the internet that flies!

Maybe is flying a WW1 Sopwith Camel biplane.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Yet, My Stupid Uncles expect me not to use more than 4GB per month.

i use 3 times that just on my phone.. how can you stick to it on your computer..

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

HOLY .......... Yeah, I'm jealous, we can't get speeds like that in the UK without buying business broadband. :(:P

Virgin Media has up to 200mb speeds. Check if it's available in your area.

http://www.virgin.com/news/virgin-media-launches-200mb-broadband-customer-pilot

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.