Amazon UK Caught Selling Illegal Weapons

LadyOfGifts
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

This news post does not follow the posting guidelines:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

Because of this, the thread was moved out from the Tech News section.

By saying "Stop".

And if that doesn't work...

Say "stop" again.

This is how people die :P

Well at least there is one weapon they can never take away

Mold? Edit: You posted a much much better picture hahaha

Swiper, no swiping

All Britbongs have to do is say stop and criminals who are knowingly breaking the law will.

The UK is so progressive, i sure wish i lived there where the criminals listen and obey commands.

Awwwwwww, MAAAAAAAAN.

Nah, the criminal might stop, but the happy-slappers will get them next...

That's true. Although they'd probably be tried themselves, knowing the UK...

Actually I think over there they have the attitude of "if the police kicked your ass, you probably deserved it" although I don't know that for certain.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why are stun guns illegal?

I think i remember the U.K. having strict firearm laws

How do you protect yourself from knife attacks britbongs?

You don't, I'm british and we have extremely strict laws regarding it, however. You are allowed to own weapons inside your home. E.g. I have a sword from an armoury, I don't cut people with it but I have it for looks and if someone breaks it, f&$" em up. Anyway, if guns were made legal. We'd have so many more murders.

Actually I think over there they have the attitude of "if the police kicked your ass, you probably deserved it" although I don't know that for certain.

If they do, it'll be up north. They're prissies down south. Northerners don't take shit lying down.

You don't, I'm british and we have extremely strict laws regarding it, however. You are allowed to own weapons inside your home. E.g. I have a sword from an armoury, I don't cut people with it but I have it for looks and if someone breaks it, f&$" em up. Anyway, if guns were made legal. We'd have so many more murders.

That's really a false assumption.  If you compare murder rates in the US of states with the loosest gun laws (I can buy a guy within 4 hours legally where I live) and the strictest (California), the difference is only about 2 people per 100,000 who die from a firearm.  Basically it's less than a fraction of a percent change in exchange for shitting on our second ammendment.  No thanks.  I *hate* the mentality of "well if we can prevent one death...." and use that as justification to do stupid laws.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Do you also not invest in proper mental healthcare and infrastructure like the US?

I'm all for protecting myself with old-timey weapons.

Bring back the claymore fam.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

That's really a false assumption.  If you compare murder rates in the US of states with the loosest gun laws (I can buy a guy within 4 hours legally where I live) and the strictest (California), the difference is only about 2 people per 100,000 who die from a firearm.  Basically it's less than a fraction of a percent change in exchange for shitting on our second ammendment.  No thanks.  I *hate* the mentality of "well if we can prevent one death...." and use that as justification to do stupid laws.

I live in Texas and it's insane how easy it is to get firearms.

Not sure about other states, but we could use a little gun control. Have you ever been to a gunshow? Shit's so easy, also nice jewelry and i stock up on MREs.

Not saying stricter gun control will drop murders but gunshows are the biggest loophole in history.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

amazon doesn't sell anything, the merchants on it did, the title is sensationalist.

"While two of the weapons—the stun gun and a baseball cap containing a hidden stabbing knuckleduster, were sold by third-party sellers—the pepper spray pistol was sold by Amazon and dispatched directly from one of its UK warehouses."

Not saying stricter gun control will drop murders but gunshows are the biggest loophole in history.

The title of biggest loophole belongs to tax evasion methods apple employs

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

"While two of the weapons—the stun gun and a baseball cap containing a hidden stabbing knuckleduster, were sold by third-party sellers—the pepper spray pistol was sold by Amazon and dispatched directly from one of its UK warehouses."

"were found" and "were caught" are two different things.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

More like their fists. As much as I make fun of the UK for being a nanny state, you do NOT want to screw with their police force. They are badasses, and they will not hesitate to beat some ass.

To be fair, UK criminals are apparently pansy asses.

I know, maybe we should all carry guns and light up the local schools every other day?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

"were found" and "were caught" are two different things.

Nobody is saying otherwise, are you just arguing semantics now?

Nobody is saying otherwise, are you just arguing semantics now?

The title is sensationalist. - i forgot to type "a little"

i don't want to argue about this, it's just my opinion. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

*clears throat*

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/65077000/gif/_65077559_us_gun_compared_624.gif

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I know, maybe we should all carry guns and light up the local schools every other day?

Way to stereotype a hundred million people based purely on the media focus on horrible, but still rare occurrences in the grand scheme of things. Selection bias only serves to illustrate your ignorance of another country, it doesn't serve your argument.

I live in Texas and it's insane how easy it is to get firearms.

Not sure about other states, but we could use a little gun control. Have you ever been to a gunshow? Shit's so easy, also nice jewelry and i stock up on MREs.

Gun shows are not a loop hole. If you buy a gun at a gun show, from someone with a booth, you have to undergo a background check, as they are an FFL dealer and the law requires as such. The mythical "gun show loophole" you are referring to is nothing more than person to person, private transactions. Yes it does happen at gun shows, but it also happens.....anywhere else in the country. You see someone walking around with a gun on their shoulder with a "for sale" sign hanging off of it, and you buy it off of them for cash. This is also known as "the black market". Cash transactions between private parties.

Good luck closing that "loop hole". It certainly works against the human trafficking industry and drugs. Also works wonders against piracy.

(requiring background checks for gun sales between private gun owners would only be enforceable AT gun shows.)

i don't want to argue about this, it's just my opinion. 

Well maybe actually read the article before sharing said opinion? Will save you a bunch of trouble in the future.

Well maybe actually read the article before sharing said opinion? Will save you a bunch of trouble in the future.

which part of "Title is sensationalist" did i spell wrong ? 

2QpeXhj.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

More like their fists. As much as I make fun of the UK for being a nanny state, you do NOT want to screw with their police force. They are badasses, and they will not hesitate to beat some ass.

you accused @Benji_w of making an assumption for America.. yet you assume that  UK criminals are "pansy asses" maybe you wouldnt be such a brave guy if you were talking to a hardened uk criminal face to face

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Much like our Armed Forces, don't fuck with us, we know how to pound you.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

you accused @Benji_w of making an assumption for America.. yet you assume that  UK criminals are "pansy asses" maybe you wouldnt be such a brave guy if you were talking to a hardened uk criminal face to face

Admittedly true, also it was something of a joke.

I'm well aware that the UK has some bad people in it (as does any country) and the laws preventing a person from carrying anything they might use to defend themselves, is one of the reasons I won't be visiting the UK any time soon.

Much like our Armed Forces, don't fuck with us, we know how to pound you.

Not sure about the grunts, but I know I wouldn't want to fuck with the SAS.

which part of "Title is sensationalist" did i spell wrong ? 

2QpeXhj.png

The implications are the same, but for the record I acknowledge your opinion and was referring to your incorrect statement in the first post: If you want people to take you serious maybe you shouldn't start by proving to everyone that you didn't even take the time to read the material. Your opinion becomes extremely less valued when you start off like that.

Admittedly true, also it was something of a joke.

I'm well aware that the UK has some bad people in it (as does any country) and the laws preventing a person from carrying anything they might use to defend themselves, is one of the reasons I won't be visiting the UK any time soon.

like what? you can buy pepper spray.. that is a self defence weapon.. i assume you want guns to become legal in the UK?

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860