Amazon UK Caught Selling Illegal Weapons

LadyOfGifts
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

This news post does not follow the posting guidelines:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

Because of this, the thread was moved out from the Tech News section.

Admittedly true, also it was something of a joke.

I'm well aware that the UK has some bad people in it (as does any country) and the laws preventing a person from carrying anything they might use to defend themselves, is one of the reasons I won't be visiting the UK any time soon.

like what? you can buy pepper spray.. that is a self defence weapon.. i assume you want guns to become legal in the UK?

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

The implications are the same, but for the record I acknowledge your opinion and was referring to your incorrect statement in the first post: If you want people to take you serious maybe you shouldn't start by proving to everyone that you didn't even take the time to read the material. Your opinion becomes extremely less valued when you start off like that.

if you could stop derailing this thread, that would be great. regardless of my misstep, the OP did not provide any proper info and the title was sensationalist either way. if you want to discuss about this PM me, if you want to discuss about the actual news, i have no problem with it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Admittedly true, also it was something of a joke.

I'm well aware that the UK has some bad people in it (as does any country) and the laws preventing a person from carrying anything they might use to defend themselves, is one of the reasons I won't be visiting the UK any time soon.

Not sure about the grunts, but I know I wouldn't want to fuck with the SAS.

Let's widen that a bit.

Paratroopers Both Infantry & Artillery http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/23304.aspx

http://www.army.mod.uk/artillery/regiments/24671.aspx

SBS http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/our-organisation/the-fighting-arms/royal-marines/special-boat-service/special-boat-service

SAS http://www.army.mod.uk/specialforces/30603.aspx

Pathfinder http://www.eliteukforces.info/parachute-regiment/pathfinder-platoon/

Commando Both Artillery & Infantry http://www.army.mod.uk/artillery/regiments/24672.aspx

Royal Marines http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/our-organisation/the-fighting-arms/royal-marines

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

lol stun guns and pepper spray are illegal  :lol:

In the UK they are.

Why are stun guns illegal?

I think i remember the U.K. having strict firearm laws

How do you protect yourself from knife attacks britbongs?

I don't have to protect myself from knife attacks, because I'm not paranoid, knife attacks are very slim and usually 'gang' related.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

Actually I think over there they have the attitude of "if the police kicked your ass, you probably deserved it" although I don't know that for certain.

So stop assuming things.

You don't need to. I don't know anyone who's been threatened with a knife, and I know of only one person in my county who's been stabbed in recent years, and (typically for victims of knife crime) they were involved with the sale and use of drugs, so "in with the wrong type".

amazon doesn't sell anything, the merchants on it did, the title is sensationalist.

Amazon was selling the pepper spray pistol directly from one of their UK warehouses, Amazon do sell some things, such as the amazon basics line and a few other things.

Wow just awful 

How dare they let one of their millions of merchant resellers list a non-lethal product they don't allow for a brief period of time on their website!

Stone them

/s

Again, one of the products was being sold directly by amazon themselves.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

You don't need to. I don't know anyone who's been threatened with a knife, and I know of only one person in my county who's been stabbed in recent years, and (typically for victims of knife crime) they were involved with the sale and use of drugs, so "in with the wrong type".

Amazon was selling the pepper spray pistol directly from one of their UK warehouses, Amazon do sell some things, such as the amazon basics line and a few other things.

Again, one of the products was being sold directly by amazon themselves.

So now the question is...who the hell cares? :P

So now the question is...who the hell cares? :P

*shrug* I don't know

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Do you also not invest in proper mental healthcare and infrastructure like the US?

I'm all for protecting myself with old-timey weapons.

Bring back the claymore fam.

We have a, you know FREE​health service, which I would much rather have than nice roads.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Here in Northern Ireland you can get a gun for personal protection but there must be a real threat to your safety for it to be permitted. (Target practice and hunting are ok reasons though) Also helps if you're not a nut case who uses kids for target practice. Rifles are permitted in .22 only. Shotguns can only carry 2 rounds, but are allowed in any caliber. Handguns are any caliber and any magazine capacity. 

Not sure where pepper spray or tasers stand though. The issues arise when a chav armed with a taser or pepper spray fancies the look of your bank account while you're on the pub crawl.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You seemed passionate enough to argue about it :P I would've assumed you fucking did lol

I was correcting an incorrect statement you made. It wasn't just third parties selling through amazon, amazon themselves were involved. Just a correction.

Here in Northern Ireland you can get a gun for personal protection but there must be a real threat to your safety for it to be permitted. (Target practice and hunting are ok reasons though) Also helps if you're not a nut case who uses kids for target practice. Rifles are permitted in .22 only. Shotguns can only carry 2 rounds, but are allowed in any caliber. Handguns are any caliber and any magazine capacity. 

Not sure where pepper spray or tasers stand though. The issues arise when a chav armed with a taser or pepper spray fancies the look of your bank account while you're on the pub crawl.

Chavs are what I miss the least about London, I would cross the street to avoid them.

Chavs are what I miss the least about London, I would cross the street to avoid them.

All you need is one punch. Years of smoking would have taken the toll on them. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

All you need is one punch. Years of smoking would have taken the toll on them. 

Lol ;),​ though I was only twelve when I lived in London.

1) Tell them to calm down and that it's not worth it

2) Pull rape alarm if you have one

3) Fucking run

We have a, you know FREE​health service, which I would much rather have than nice roads.

I don't understand are you trying to brag about still not properly investing in quality healthcare and shitty roads?

"If you ain't first, you're last"

I don't have to protect myself from knife attacks, because I'm not paranoid, knife attacks are very slim and usually 'gang' related.

Knife attacks were just something of the top of my head, there are more situations that would require you to protect yourself/others.

But, no, yeah, ok; so you're banking on the probability that you or others won't come in any harm in your country. I gotcha.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Knife attacks were just something of the top of my head, there are more situations that would require you to protect yourself/others.

But, no, yeah, ok; so you're banking on the probability that you or others won't come in any harm in your country. I gotcha.

You're right I am 'banking on the probability' because you know what? I'm 32 myself and everyone I know has never been randomly attacked. Random attacks don't happen, and when they do they are *really* rare. The civilised world as a whole is generally safe.

But hey it's pointless arguing with an American over protection seen as there's been more mass shootings in the US then there has been days this year.

I don't understand are you trying to brag about still not properly investing in quality healthcare and shitty roads?

The NHS is one of the best health care services in the world, something like that is irreplaceable to people who can't afford private care. The ageing infrastructure is a direct result of the UK's current government's inability to spend money and it's instance on austerity, the UK has had it's two most prosperous years ever and yet further cut's are being made to spending. I'm not trying to brag about anything, only that a free health service is something of immense value to the British public.

You're right I am 'banking on the probability' because you know what? I'm 32 myself and everyone I know has never been randomly attacked. Random attacks don't happen, and when they do they are *really* rare. The civilised world as a whole is generally safe.

But hey it's pointless arguing with an American over protection seen as there's been more mass shootings in the US then there has been days this year.

There's two fundamentally different viewpoints on the need for defense, and I think it's really hard to see the other viewpoint for both sides. Personally however, I couldn't bear living in a place where I feel the need to carry a weapon to defend myself at all times (be that a mental place/state of mind or an actual location that dangerous).

]

Way to stereotype a hundred million people based purely on the media focus on horrible, but still rare occurrences in the grand scheme of things. Selection bias only serves to illustrate your ignorance of another country, it doesn't serve your argument.

)

You should both read this. Just saying

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2012/12/14/chart-the-u-s-has-far-more-gun-related-killings-than-any-other-developed-country/

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

They have on planes. And anywhere where one of their important cronies lurks.

You mean like those scissors that my mum forgot she put in the hand luggage and they didn't pick up on the scanner? Yeah, about that...

Not to mention the 500ml cans of beer that some colleagues took through security in their hand luggage and nobody gave a shit about.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

You mean like those scissors that my mum forgot she put in the hand luggage and they didn't pick up on the scanner? Yeah, about that...

Not to mention the 500ml cans of beer that some colleagues took through security in their hand luggage and nobody gave a shit about.

You guys don't have the children-and-adults-alike-molesting TSA that we have.

I got stopped in security twice, once for a compass, and another one for a screwdriver.

But my mechanical pencils with .3mm leads were totally okay...

Seeing how strict UK laws can be.. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon got busted for selling kitchen knives. Or a pole.