Apple serving full-screen iPhone 6s pop-up ads to App Store users on old iPhones

AlTech

gsmarena_001.jpg

Apple is giving iPhone users a taste of their own medicine. By displaying full screen ADs to buy iPhone 6s if you own an iPhone 5s or older.

post-89336-0-56754900-1449978572.png

With an aim to boost the sales of its iPhone 6s smartphone, Apple has started displaying full-screen pop-up ads of the device to those accessing the company's App Store app on older iPhone models. This is for the first time the Cupertino-based company has served full-screen ads.

The ad - which includes an image of the device with the slogan "Ridiculously Powerful" at the top and options "Learn More" and "Upgrade Now" at the bottom - is reportedly showing up for those using an iPhone 5s (and older) running iOS 9.2.

Unsurprisingly, many of those being targeted aren't happy.

Opinion - GO tell them Apple! My mom won't upgrade her 4S until it dies. Serves them right for using Apple products. Wonder if this will happen to Macs soon as well.

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_serving_fullscreen_iphone_6s_popup_ads_to_app_store_users_on_old_iphones-blog-15490.php

Edited by Godlygamer23
Edited title.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 Reason why I have this nice 1920x1080 5 inch AANNDDRROOIIDD phone in-front of me right now...

Back to topic... WHAT THE F*** APPLE?!?!

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

Applemoneytips

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

I will use my iPhone 4s until companies stop making tablets and calling them 'phones'. I dont care how big the screen is, I just want to call, text, google stuff and play the occasional game.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

The skip button is in the top right hand corner. Click it. You're on a 5S so you don't even have to exert much effort. 

This is typical Apple.

There is no planned obsolescence. Apple still updates devices from four years ago with new software. Better than Android forgetting year old phones exist. 

Well given Microsoft spams the hell out of Windows 7 & 8 users to upgrade.....

update is free

new phone is not

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

software which was free

vs hardware which cost 750$

not the same thing what so ever

Windows 7 was released in 2009! not 2012!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

The skip button is in the top right hand corner. Click it. You're on a 5S so you don't even have to exert much effort. 

There is no planned obsolescence. Apple still updates devices from four years ago with new software. Better than Android forgetting year old phones exist. 

You didn't even watch the fucking video. It's about Macbook repairs, not iPhones. Watch it, then have an argument with me.

You didn't even watch the fucking video. It's about Macbook repairs, not iPhones. Watch it, then have an argument with me.

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with MacBooks. The video has no place in the topic then. I saw planned obsolescence and related it to what this topic is actually talking about. 

Boo hoo. It's marketing.

Don't take things so personally. -_-

Do you not understand how annoying fullscreen ads are

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with MacBooks. The video has no place in the topic then. I saw planned obsolescence and related it to what this topic is actually talking about. 

Apple serving full-screen iPhone 6s pop-up ads to App Store users on old iPhones

Sometimes obsolescence is a good thing, keeping old "stuff" around holds back technology in general. Just look at 3D graphics, the last gen consoles lasted a long time, but in return held back graphics on both consoles and PC's. We are reaching a point with phones that fast storage and good GPU performance will almost be mandatory, and these old phones just wont cut it(and upgrading them to a new OS just makes them "slower", and people would complain about that).

To me, as long as the device has a good "support" lifespan and a good usable lifespan, I am fine.

Windows 7 was released in 2009! not 2012!

Windows 8 was.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Why does this even matter? It's marketing and you can skip it easily, get over yourself.

People need to stop being so easily offended lmao

Why does this even matter? It's marketing and you can skip it easily, get over yourself.

People need to stop being so easily offended lmao

I dunno man. That skip button is hard to click on my 4in iPhone. 

I got this too. Disappointing. Apple is becoming more and more like Beats by Dre :(

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

When Ms throws a full screen popup ad in Windows 7 & 8 i'll agree, because that would be absolutely batshit insane.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

I got this too. Disappointing. Apple is becoming more and more like Beats by Dre :(

How? Beats didn't do yearly upgrades to their headphones. They made like two of each of their product lines over the course of seven years. 

LOL Beats by Dre are a side-symptom of the culture of Apple, definitely not the other way around.

How? Beats didn't do yearly upgrades to their headphones. They made like two of each of their product lines over the course of seven years. 

Truefax

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

As long as they don't do it to the Macs, I'll be happy. If they do it to Macs, I'm going to be pissed and get a fairly beefy 14" Latitude E5470 an upgrading that (if I ever decide to let my poor E4300 retire).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

As long as they don't do it to the Macs, I'll be happy. If they do it to Macs, I'm going to be pissed and get a fairly beefy 14" Latitude E5470 an upgrading that (if I ever decide to let my poor E4300 retire).

#LatitudeESeriesForLife

Every single laptop in my house is a Dell Latitude

Edited by Godlygamer23

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines