Just Cause 3 Suffers From Terrible Frame Rate and Load Times on the NextGen consoles

Mr_Troll

just cause 3 is crashy as hell on PC and really bad FPS

very disappointing

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Whilst the PC version is smooth as butter. Where's your God now, consoles?

GabeN hath no mercy for treacherous peasantry.

- snip-

just cause 3 is crashy as hell on PC and really bad FPS

very disappointing

Source?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

With those Console CPU frequencies and 5400rpm HDD speeds, is there any surprise.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I give you two things.

Say your boss told you to pick up a 3 ton cube of solid gold and carry it up a hill.

Who's fault is it when you cannot do it? Yours for not doing it? Or your boss who asked a task that wasn't possible

Since the hardware is always the same on consoles, id make the case that eden software doesn't work right on it it's the fault of the software, since they know exactly to the dot how much work a console can do in one frame . If you exceed that with your code, that's your mistake and it should be revised. It's not the consoles fault when you know from the start what it could do.

I'd say it's the fault of whoever decided to buy a pickup truck that can only carry 1Ton at a time when he clearly could have something better than can at least carry 10ton for the same price

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Attention citizens, I am here to interrupt this pissing contest to tell you that even the PC version basically has always online DRM. They claim is not but according to TB it's there so avoid picking it up on release:

it's on my blacklist now

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Attention citizens, I am here to interrupt this pissing contest to tell you that even the PC version basically has always online DRM. They claim is not but according to TB it's there so avoid picking it up on release:

it's on my blacklist now

no it doesnt, if you pay attention to the video it has an offline mode if you put steam in offline mode. it only has online for leaderboards and there login issues for there server, so it is not DRM

no it doesnt, if you pay attention to the video it has an offline mode if you put steam in offline mode. it only has online for leaderboards and there login issues for there server, so it is not DRM

Yup, you can still play the game but it will keep nagging to connect to the server for online leaderboards.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

arRjp1d_700b.jpg

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

The PS4 and Xbox One stopped being "Next Generation" the exact nanosecond that the first unit was sold!

They stopped being "next gen" before the design was even finalized.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

No SLI yet according to TB

which titan? 1 2 or 3?

Titan X

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I'd say it's the fault of whoever decided to buy a pickup truck that can only carry 1Ton at a time when he clearly could have something better than can at least carry 10ton for the same price

Oh I meant literally carry it on your back

But if you wanna make that the case:

The work truck is at another site.

But I think you're trying to say that games like just cause could happen with only PC sales, and that's just not true in 2015. Games cost too much to only target 1/6th or even 1/3rd the total market

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Can we stop calling it nextgen thanks.

This guy gets massive frame drops on console^^

The lowest I saw was 17FPS.

17FPS is pretty much a slide show to me. Idk about you.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

17FPS is pretty much a slide show to me. Idk about you.

Even when the Original Xbox was beating PC that were far more expensive, anything lower than 30 was to me unplayable (unless it was Warcraft III, that game oddly enough feels fine swinging between 24-34fps on a Riva TNT2).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

They did come out November 2013 so I will not call any console NextGen. They are FAR from it.

Thank you very much.

Problem is both Sony and MS still think of the PS3 and X360 as current viable products.

Problem is both Sony and MS still think of the PS3 and X360 as current viable products.

At least they out performed custom built (not overpriced OEM POS) PC that cost more then them at launch......

PMSL

At least they out performed custom built (not overpriced OEM POS) PC that cost more then them at launch......

But a smartphone can beat them now (or nearly)

Also I'd say my E6600 and 8800 GTX was pretty rocking back then [emoji14] Vista FTW!

But a smartphone can beat them now (or nearly)

Also I'd say my E6600 and 8800 GTX was pretty rocking back then [emoji14] Vista FTW!

Can the ARM CPU in smart phones be used to make a powerful super computer? I don't think so.

PMSL

Can we please stop calling 2 year old hardware that was outdated when it launched "next gen"? That would be great.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Can the ARM CPU in smart phones be used to make a powerful super computer? I don't think so.

Why does everyone constantly bring that up?

Yes, ARM CPU's CAN be used to create supercomputers. Just like any SoC or Processor can. All they would do is just use more of them, over some custom built high speed interlink. Why isn't it done then? Because there are more effective processors on the market already.

Why was the PS3 used as a supercomputer? Because Sony was selling the damn thing at a huge loss (Something like $300+ below cost at launch). The only reason companies used the PS3 over, say, a Xeon or PowerPC processor, was because they could get lots of PS3's for cheap, and still run Linux based OS's on them.

Whatever the PS3 used to be, the Cell CPU in it is extremely outdated now. The Cell Processor used in the PS3 has a SP rating of just over 23 GFLOPS, and DP rating of 10 GFLOPS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_technical_specifications

In comparison, the Xeon w3520 that I use as my daily driver for my gaming PC (Which is like 6 years old now), achieves ~42 GFLOPS at stock clock rate (With some OC's getting over 56 GFLOPS of power).

Granted, that Xeon is newer than the PS3, but only by a couple years. You can make a supercomputer out of just about any processor. Whether that's practical or not, is a different question all together.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

lol utterly unsusrprised, the others ran pretty bad, too (Never finished JC2 as it kept crashing to desktop for no reason. Gogled the problem and loads of people have random CTD in JC2, yet never found a single fix)

I feel you. One did it just stopped in the start up process. from that day on i never saw anything father than the menue and only got to the menue if I was lucky. Please fix avalanche.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

i dunno, by one year after their release they were in basically the same place

GTS-Bioshock.png

a 2007 game and a 200-250$ nvidia card

I mean in release year performance looked like this

town-highend-bloom.png

vs

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

The X800 was 2 years old in that bench and beats the xbox and PS3 handily in Oblivion

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Why does everyone constantly bring that up?

Yes, ARM CPU's CAN be used to create supercomputers. Just like any SoC or Processor can. All they would do is just use more of them, over some custom built high speed interlink. Why isn't it done then? Because there are more effective processors on the market already.

Why was the PS3 used as a supercomputer? Because Sony was selling the damn thing at a huge loss (Something like $300+ below cost at launch). The only reason companies used the PS3 over, say, a Xeon or PowerPC processor, was because they could get lots of PS3's for cheap, and still run Linux based OS's on them.

Whatever the PS3 used to be, the Cell CPU in it is extremely outdated now. The Cell Processor used in the PS3 has a SP rating of just over 23 GFLOPS, and DP rating of 10 GFLOPS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_technical_specifications

In comparison, the Xeon w3520 that I use as my daily driver for my gaming PC (Which is like 6 years old now), achieves ~42 GFLOPS at stock clock rate (With some OC's getting over 56 GFLOPS of power).

Granted, that Xeon is newer than the PS3, but only by a couple years. You can make a supercomputer out of just about any processor. Whether that's practical or not, is a different question all together.

But how many are needed to get the same performance? Shitloads.

PMSL

<snip>

@3:45 in the linked video: "This game has always-online functionality, which you can turn off [...]"

The functionality he is talking about is a poorly implemented online stat tracking system, and Avalanche didn't think to put an option in the menus to simply turn it off. The game is perfectly content to run with Steam in offline mode. Sure, it gets in the way of playing the game in some cases and it's absolutely worthy of criticism on it's own merits, but it is not "always online DRM."

Square Enix is not known for being a particularly consumer-friendly company. If they wanted nasty DRM in their game, it would be in the game, and I think it would be way more obvious and draconian than this. :P

@3:45 in the linked video: "This game has always-online functionality, which you can turn off [...]"

The functionality he is talking about is a poorly implemented online stat tracking system, and Avalanche didn't think to put an option in the menus to simply turn it off. The game is perfectly content to run with Steam in offline mode. Sure, it gets in the way of playing the game in some cases and it's absolutely worthy of criticism on it's own merits, but it is not "always online DRM."

Its more like "always wants to be on DRM".

PMSL