Just Cause 3 Suffers From Terrible Frame Rate and Load Times on the NextGen consoles

Mr_Troll

And misinformation like "software is struggling on consoles".

Explain to me how that is misinformation

The person i responded to in this thread said ps4 1080 60 games look like they are from 2007. That's just false, except maybe in the case of the Uncharted Remaster":p

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Explain to me how that is misinformation

The person i responded to in this thread said ps4 1080 60 games look like they are from 2007. That's just false, except maybe in the case of the Uncharted Remaster":p

The software is x86 and identical to what you'd find on a PC-except of course with different executable. And older hardware with PC always struggles with newer programs.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I play on PC, the only game I've played on a console in 2015 are Red Dead Redemption, BloodBorne, and Metal Gear Solids

Watch Dogs was never gimped for consoles,it was gimped for playability in all platforms. it was demanding on the "down graded" max settings, so what hardware would you think would actually run those E3 settings? There was also a lot of confusion here that TheWorseMod added back in "hidden" e3 settings "still in the code", when it didn't look like the E3 set up at all and the most obvious changes were a recolour which I'd argue was better, but that comes down to artistic opinion

Finally it's not about being defensive, go ahead, the problem is spreading misinformation :just like the infamous "PC's cost $5000" myth that used to be spread around a lot. Spreading misinfo doesn't help anyone, just makes you look silly

Umm no it wasn't just a recolor, that's enough of your revisionism for today though, and no your other excuses do not change your attempts at trolling. You go ahead and knock heads with others if you want though.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Umm no it wasn't just a recolor, that's enough of your revisionism for today though, and no your other excuses do not change your attempts at trolling. You go ahead and knock heads with others if you want though.

I'll keep on discussing with him why its the hardware that's being instructed to do stuff by software that's struggling, not software struggling on the console hardware because its telling low end hardware to do stuff.

PMSL

The software is x86 and identical to what you'd find on a PC-except of course with different executable. And older hardware with PC always struggles with newer programs.

Yes you can argue it's a case of semantics. My point in the other thread was looking at only the worst cases does not reflect the whole situation. The vast majority of PS4 games run at 1080 30 and maintain that number. Every 3D console gen had many games that were asking too much from the hardware, that isn't new.

The console might struggle with Just Cause 3, but they didn't with Avalanche's other 2015 game. That likely says completely different things to the two of us.

To me it looks like they didn't spend enough time optimizing Xbox 1, it has some serious texture streaming issues. But in both consoles it looks like they were doing too much to hold 30fps.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Yes you can argue it's a case of semantics. My point in the other thread was looking at only the worst cases does not reflect the whole situation. The vast majority of PS4 games run at 1080 30 and maintain that number. Every 3D console gen had many games that were asking too much from the hardware, that isn't new.

The console might struggle with Just Cause 3, but they didn't with Avalanche's other 2015 game. That likely says completely different things to the two of us.

To me it looks like they didn't spend enough time optimizing Xbox 1, it has some serious texture streaming issues. But in both consoles it looks like they were doing too much to hold 30fps.

Note that its the software that's instructing the hardware to do stuff, not the other way around. And the hardware is unable to do what's required of it. Ergo the hardware is struggling.

I'll keep on discussing with him why its the hardware that's being instructed to do stuff by software that's struggling, not software struggling on the console hardware because its telling low end hardware to do stuff.

PMSL

Look I said the biggest change was a recolour, that's plain to see, it also changed some LOD values, added tons of DOF while on foot and added extra rain and fog. Call it revisionist history but the only "hidden" feature was dynamic headlight shadows, and they flickered a lot when I was using it,giving me an obvious reason why it was deactivated.

Thanks for skipping the entirety of my post just to disagree with an anecdote on the side and not address my main point.

Yet I'm the troll

So you're a masochist? Kinky I like that :)

-------

Current Rig

-------

So you're a masochist? Kinky I like that :)

I just don't like people being misleading like him.

PMSL

Note that its the software that's instructing the hardware to do stuff, not the other way around. And the hardware is unable to do what's required of it. Ergo the hardware is struggling.

I give you two things.

Say your boss told you to pick up a 3 ton cube of solid gold and carry it up a hill.

Who's fault is it when you cannot do it? Yours for not doing it? Or your boss who asked a task that wasn't possible

Since the hardware is always the same on consoles, id make the case that eden software doesn't work right on it it's the fault of the software, since they know exactly to the dot how much work a console can do in one frame . If you exceed that with your code, that's your mistake and it should be revised. It's not the consoles fault when you know from the start what it could do.

I give you two things.

Say your boss told you to pick up a 3 ton cube of solid gold and carry it up a hill.

Who's fault is it when you cannot do it? Yours for not doing it? Or your boss who asked a task that wasn't possible

Since the hardware is always the same on consoles, id make the case that eden software doesn't work right on it it's the fault of the software, since they know exactly to the dot how much work a console can do in one frame . If you exceed that with your code, that's your mistake and it should be revised. It's not the consoles fault when you know from the start what it could do.

That analogy doesn't apply to hardware. Your forgetting how software and hardware interact.

PMSL

I just don't like people being misleading like him.

I don't make a case that consoles can do anything they can't.

I just don't like when some people have to put consoles in a more negative light than they already are.

I'm not gonna sit here and cry like the other guy that valve had avalanche gimpEd the console releases of Just Cause, I'll just say that games could have ran at locked 30 if avalanche would have lowered the settings a bit more to more reasonable levels

That analogy doesn't apply to hardware. Your forgetting how software and hardware interact.

interesting. I thought the same thing of your argument.

It seems you didn't read the rest of my post so I'll reiterate. You can't blame hardware that's consistent and reliable. You know how every console runs so if you make a game that runs at 17 FPS that's your fault not the hardware

interesting. I thought the same thing of your argument.

It seems you didn't read the rest of my post so I'll reiterate. You can't blame hardware that's consistent and reliable. You know how every console runs so if you make a game that runs at 17 FPS that's your fault not the hardware

What happened to software struggling on hardware?

PMSL

Well, while I agree that consoles are crappy in terms of hardware, I have to say that devs know what hardware consoles contain, it's in their own best interest to make them run and look as good as possible, it's inadmissible that the game would run like crap on PS4 for instance cause it's made specifically for PS4, people can't improve hardware in that...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I know video recordings do games no justice, but I wasn't seeing anything that should bog down performance in the game so much. Might be yet another badly optimized title.

The map is fucking huge, maybe it tries to load too much?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

For once we get the good port. Yay!

maybe it was made for pc and then shitty ported to consoles? #tinfoilhat

I haven't changed my narrative, if you write software that runs poorly on locked hardware you could say the hardware is struggling to run your software, but that's really not relevant when you knew it would do that. It's really semantics to say hardware is stuggling or software is struggling, but the software is to blame when you have poorly running games.

My point in the other thread was to do with the way you said PS4 "struggles" to run at 1080 30. When that's not the case, i showed you examples of PS4, running games at locked 30 at 1080p and games that run at locked 1080 60. To point out the hardware is not the reason we see games that drop below 1080 30, its the software thats struggling to run on locked hardware.

"Next gen" apparently can't run games at 1080p 60fps without the game looking like it's from 2007.

Next gen never existed. It was last gen from the moment the things got on the drawing board.

Careful, Crysis was released in 2007 and according to Luke's tests, a gtx 980 TI cant even do 1080p120fps 

O8Bn2fY.png

SSD master race

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Attention citizens, I am here to interrupt this pissing contest to tell you that even the PC version basically has always online DRM. They claim is not but according to TB it's there so avoid picking it up on release:

-------

Current Rig

-------

The people who have gotten review copies say that it runs pretty smooth on PC

Although they might all have titans for all i know

I watched Lirik (streamer) play it, he has 2 or more titans. Not sure how many he was using but gameplay was very smooth.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I watched Lirik (streamer) play it, he has 2 or more titans. Not sure how many he was using but gameplay was very smooth.

No SLI yet according to TB

which titan? 1 2 or 3?

A Console is failing again? Damn..what a surprise   :blink:

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO