Just Cause 3 Suffers From Terrible Frame Rate and Load Times on the NextGen consoles

Mr_Troll

Relevant

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

lol utterly unsusrprised, the others ran pretty bad, too (Never finished JC2 as it kept crashing to desktop for no reason. Gogled the problem and loads of people have random CTD in JC2, yet never found a single fix)

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

The people who have gotten review copies say that it runs pretty smooth on PC

Although they might all have titans for all i know

TB was streaming it for awhile so I'd say it's safe to say it's not an awful port. Nerdcubed has some videos on it too.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

TB was streaming it for awhile so I'd say it's safe to say it's not an awful port. Nerdcubed has some videos on it too.

I think n3 has like a gtx980 SLI (and a few years ago he had a GTX 680 SLI), and TB probably also has something like that, but, i think vinesauce doesnt and he ran it just fine, although im not sure

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

I think n3 has like a gtx980 SLI (and a few years ago he had a GTX 680 SLI), and TB probably also has something like that, but, i think vinesauce doesnt and he ran it just fine, although im not sure

I'm pretty sure TB has titan Xs and yeah N3 just upgraded

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I mean even on the PC too. Might just be the draw distance though now that I think about it. Dying Light has a similar issue.

This is also a magic bullet to make Fallout 4 rock stolid stable: kill shadow draw distance. Luckily there's already a mod that dynamically adjusts shadow distance according to your performance target. So once more fuck Bethesda, but thank the gods for the modding community on their games.

-------

Current Rig

-------

"Next gen" apparently can't run games at 1080p 60fps without the game looking like it's from 2007.

Next gen never existed. It was last gen from the moment the things got on the drawing board.

Most of it isn't the consoles fault.

I'm pretty sure TB has titan Xs and yeah N3 just upgraded

Unless he upgraded and didn't update his twitch info, TB has two 980s

Titan X SLI last time I checked

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

maybe it was Nerdcubed with titan Xs.. I definitely remember someone having 2 Titan Xs

I wanted this game so badly. Thank goodness I have a pc, as if I had a console, I would sell it to build a pc for this game.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Been watching a streamer who has a review copy of Just Cause 3, she's got a i7-4790 and a GTX 980ti and she doesn't have any performance issues as far as she has seen, however the game doesn't have Windows Borderless mode, so she had some issues first playing with capturing the game with OBS.

Here's a link to her VoD, game starts around 8:50: http://www.twitch.tv/annemunition/v/27880901

I've enjoyed Just Cause 2 a lot, still haven't finished it, but I'd love to pick up Just Cause 3 right now, looks like so much fun :D

the consoles were outdated when they were released..

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

The game probably wasn't optimized for the consoles. They throw them at the consoles now half baked and think that because consoler players were fine with 30fps it means we'll be fine with everything below it, too.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This isn't "tech news" put it in the console gaming section please

On topic : yeah the xbox one game is pretty rough, looks like the playstation version stays above 25 and maintains 30 much better

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Ha TB roastin 

post-5552-0-73291500-1448923241.png

"Next gen" apparently can't run games at 1080p 60fps without the game looking like it's from 2007.

Next gen never existed. It was last gen from the moment the things got on the drawing board.

Does MGSV look like it's from 2007?

Do the Metro Titles?

What about the new Call of Duties?

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Pfff lol!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Does MGSV look like it's from 2007?

Do the Metro Titles?

What about the new Call of Duties?

You should change your title to "resident next gen console defender".

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Even win 7 cores unlocked on both consoles.

It's fairly unlikely a game released within a week of the leak that sony is allowing access to 7th core is already accessing that core

It's not like PC where you can drop in a 4 core and switch it for a 6 core and have programs use it. Games older than November 2015 will likely never have access to that 7th core because they weren't programed to see it. And MS has allowed it since January, so maybe the game is using it on that platform

The people who have gotten review copies say that it runs pretty smooth on PC

Although they might all have titans for all i know

It runs great on the 780 (from watching Vinesauce Vinny play it, that's what he has) and a 3650K.

I used to be quite active here.

You should change your title to "resident next gen console defender".

That was my name for a bit. :P

But that's not my whole thing. I'm more about the fact that some people here think they are smart and console users are ignorant just based on their platform. Yet some PC users here show the same ignorance they think console users have

Some People think they know a lot more than they do.

Like here's an example

"console players don't know about good graphics because most console games are like 900 or 720p"

When people call someone else ignorant while yelling false statistics is kind of bothersome

That was my name for a bit. :P

But that's not my whole thing. I'm more about the fact that some people here think they are smart and console users are ignorant just based on their platform. Yet some PC users here show the same ignorance they think console users have

Some People think they know a lot more than they do.

Like here's an example

"console players don't know about good graphics because most console games are like 900 or 720p"

When people call someone else ignorant while yelling false statistics is kind of bothersome

Sony and Microsoft constantly push this kind of behavior, we've had games like Watchdogs intentionally gimped out for the sake of the consoles: of course we're gonna be more than a little bit defensive. More so if you actively come into a PC centric community. One might even call that kind of behavior a troll.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Sony and Microsoft constantly push this kind of behavior, we've had games like Watchdogs intentionally gimped out for the sake of the consoles: of course we're gonna be more than a little bit defensive. More so if you actively come into a PC centric community. One might even call that kind of behavior a troll.

I play on PC, the only game I've played on a console in 2015 are Red Dead Redemption, BloodBorne, and Metal Gear Solids

Watch Dogs was never gimped for consoles,it was gimped for playability in all platforms. it was demanding on the "down graded" max settings, so what hardware would you think would actually run those E3 settings? There was also a lot of confusion here that TheWorseMod added back in "hidden" e3 settings "still in the code", when it didn't look like the E3 set up at all and the most obvious changes were a recolour which I'd argue was better, but that comes down to artistic opinion

Finally it's not about being defensive, go ahead, the problem is spreading misinformation :just like the infamous "PC's cost $5000" myth that used to be spread around a lot. Spreading misinfo doesn't help anyone, just makes you look silly

I play on PC, the only game I've played on a console in 2015 are Red Dead Redemption, BloodBorne, and Metal Gear Solids

Watch Dogs was never gimped for consoles,it was gimped for playability in all platforms. it was demanding on the "down graded" max settings, so what hardware would you think would actually run those E3 settings? There was also a lot of confusion here that TheWorseMod added back in "hidden" e3 settings "still in the code", when it didn't look like the E3 set up at all and the most obvious changes were a recolour which I'd argue was better, but that comes down to artistic opinion

Finally it's not about being defensive, go ahead, the problem is spreading misinformation :just like the infamous "PC's cost $5000" myth that used to be spread around a lot. Spreading misinfo doesn't help anyone, just makes you look silly

And misinformation like "software is struggling on consoles".

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL