Fury X voltage and HBM overclocking unlocked.

TechGod

so software limited, not limited on Rad/NV's side.

also hardware limited.

because consumer grade GPUs are required to ATLEAST have 4x PCIe Gen2 or 3 lanes for quadfire.... no board, even X99 boards, have enough PCIe lanes or PCIe connectors to power a 5th one without burning out the PCIe power delivery on the mobo...

You cannot run normal cards like these in more then quad mode. Because every single consumer grade card is a dual slot or wider. Whilst server grade stuff is often single slot and is rated to operate with fewer PCIe lanes (X1 and X2)

How do you figure? Maxwell is larger than Fury X at 601mm^2 vs 596

What I said might be true. Comes from a reliablesource c: (May or may not be true but it at least tries to explain the high clocks and such)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

hey mate i has newsflash for you !!

4 1TB HDDS, 32GB 1.5v 1866Mhz DDR3 RAM (about 10w per stick with full load on them), FX 8320 @ 4.52GHz 1.4625V and a R9 295x2 running 7% OC to the core, 1400 on Memory and +50% power limit -> never exceeded 792w even with valley AND prime95 running memory and CPU stressing...

Also, i want to add that running prime95 and valley is kinda foolish. Prime is obviously going to steal all of the cycles so valley wont be stressing hard. Heaven would be a hotter bench. That, or if you have the stones, you can run Furmark at the same time.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

also hardware limited.

because consumer grade GPUs are required to ATLEAST have 4x PCIe Gen2 or 3 lanes for quadfire.... no board, even X99 boards, have enough PCIe lanes or PCIe connectors to power a 5th one without burning out the PCIe power delivery on the mobo...

You cannot run normal cards like these in more then quad mode. Because every single consumer grade card is a dual slot or wider. Whilst server grade stuff is often single slot and is rated to operate with fewer PCIe lanes (X1 and X2)

ASUS has a board with 6 PCIe x16 slots, i would think it is the lanes in the CPU that limit it

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

What I said might be true. Comes from a reliablesource c: (May or may not be true but it at least tries to explain the high clocks and such)

How could it be cut down? its larger than Fury X. Unless you mean part of it is deactivated in which case it would be even more embarrassing for AMD

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

None of this information is helpful without knowing the answer to the following questions. 

1. What power supply were you using?

2. Was this the wattage reported from the wall?

Efficiency has an effect on how much power is drawn from the wall, and you must factor that in for power consumption. If you have a wall meter saying you are pulling 1000w from the wall on an 80% bronze PSU, you have to consider that up to 20% of that can be wasted in conversion, so in reality, the system itself is only using 800w of power. 

was using my good old Corsair AX1500i

measured it once using my FLUKE multimeter. Wire by wire. It coincided with the wattage reported in Corsair Link, give or take 5% on the 230volt side. Yes, i live in EU. We have 400/230v TN/IT net as standard here so we get slightly better conversion rates on our PSUs by "default"....

ASUS has a board with 6 PCIe x16 slots, i would think it is the lanes in the CPU that limit it

yeah, but remember that you can also have auxiliary PCIe lane controllers on the chipset itself.

AMDs AM3+ boards run chipset based PCIe Gen2 controllers. This is why some boards, like the Sabertooth R2.0 has the capacity to run CF with dual PCIe 16x mode in addition to a 4x mode and a PCI card.

Also, i want to add that running prime95 and valley is kinda foolish. Prime is obviously going to steal all of the cycles so valley wont be stressing hard. Heaven would be a hotter bench. That, or if you have the stones, you can run Furmark at the same time.

ive tried running heaven too with that combo, didnt increase my load above 792watts :|

ive tried running heaven too with that combo, didnt increase my load above 792watts :|

Could Linpack + Furmark it. OCCT. If your PSU survives, you win! 

Dont do that, lol.

How could it be cut down? its larger than Fury X. Unless you mean part of it is deactivated in which case it would be even more embarrassing for AMD

He isn't talking die size, he's talking functionality. They cut stuff out so they weren't taking up those precious transistors. Making Maxwell, for gaming and single precision stuff, run faster and cooler.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

He isn't talking die size, he's talking functionality. They cut stuff out so they weren't taking up those precious transistors. Making Maxwell, for gaming and single precision stuff, run faster and cooler.

Yeah i get that now, but if it was really like a 480 situation where there was even more cores to be unlocked wouldn't you expect a tesla or other workstation board with them on sale at a lower clock? I don't think there has ever been an Nvidia GPU where they didn't release a full core on the WS side

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

uhm.... what are you smoking again?

not having space for a 120mm radiator

You have to be taking the piss.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

im fairly sure my AX1500i will handle it...  80+ Titanium FTW!

Popped my dad's terrible rosewill PSU doing OCCT back in the day. Had to give him my PSU as a result. Now i only test my own hardware, lol.

@Prysin @App4that @stardar there is the thread I was talking about. Had to dig it up...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/449619-new-build-questions-for-crossfire-r9-390x/

Corrections to my apparently bad memory:

1. Furmark, which has known abnormal spiking with Hawaii gpus.

2. Original psu was a 850g2

3. Peak was ~900W.

Actually even there I underestimated the power spiking, but I don't like telling people off of a good product for a rather small issue (well bigish issue but effects almost no one.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Some of us unfortunate folk with small places and ITX systems can't afford the space, not with your fancy full towers and custom loops :(

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Popped my dad's terrible rosewill PSU doing OCCT back in the day. Had to give him my PSU as a result. Now i only test my own hardware, lol.

well, there is only two consumer grade PSUs comparable to mine..

its the Superflower 1600w and EVGA SUPERNOVA T2 1600w....

@Prysin @App4that @stardar there is the thread I was talking about. Had to dig it up...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/449619-new-build-questions-for-crossfire-r9-390x/

Corrections to my apparently bad memory:

1. Furmark, which has known abnormal spiking with Hawaii gpus.

2. Original psu was a 850g2

3. Peak was ~900W.

Actually even there I underestimated the power spiking, but I don't like telling people off of a good product for a rather small issue (well bigish issue but effects almost no one.)

furmark is a shitty game... ive tried it and the graphics was terrible. didnt bother to get to level 2

I sincerely do not have room for a 120mm rad. In fact, my CPU cooler cannot exceed 53mm or it will touch the side panel. The price one must pay when wading in the waters of sub-4L ITX cases. 

furmark is a shitty game... ive tried it and the graphics was terrible. didnt bother to get to level 2

Lol....

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

i have a ITX system... it can support 1x 120mm and 1x 240mm

you point is?

Your ITX system isn't ITX enough.

i have a ITX system... it can support 1x 120mm and 1x 240mm

you point is?

My point is that not all of us have space for an extra radiator in their build. Your's might, but some others don't.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

it is? i thought so.

so why go 980ti over the 295x2 then? they roughly equal in price

Crossfire support, heat, power draw, VRAM.  AMD drivers (kek).

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.