I received DDos threats.

yannickverc

Posting it here because yea.. I need help!

I'm semi active in this big teamspeak that is connected to a stream on Twitch. As you know streamers are very affected by DDossing and some people make it their hobby. Now in this particular stream there's a guy that DDos'd a few people already and somehow he is allowed in the teamspeak channel.

Now this channel and TS mod is a "friend" of mine. By "friend" I mean that we talk to each other more often than he does to other people. and he is also a friend of that one guy. So my concern is, since TS mods can get your IP, he can forward it to that one guy who can DDos me.

I asked around a bit and some people said something about static IP or an IP that changes everytime you reset your computer etc. Now I'm a total noob in this so I'd like to know what I can do to 1) prevent this and 2) how to deal with it if he does DDos me.

Thanks in advance :)

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

I know you have to write more but I can already say this: DDOS'ing is illegal. He is a stupid script kiddie who probably uses vBooter or something

Best is just reporting him to the FBI or something or tell you will do that if he proceeds. Talk to the people who DDOS'ed him and try to get them into this whole FBI thing

Or just tell him to bug off and go play outside.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If he does, just reset your router or unplug it

or get a vpn

other then that I have no more advice

quick note: a VPN won't work if used during an attack.

If getting attacked: Get new IP, turn on VPN, reconnect.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I know you have to write more but I can already say this: DDOS'ing is illegal. He is a stupid script kiddie who probably uses vBooter or something

Best is just reporting him to the FBI or something or tell you will do that if he proceeds. Talk to the people who DDOS'ed him and try to get them into this whole FBI thing

The people he ddos'd are pretty big streamers so I'm sure they already took steps for this and it's impossible for me to contact them

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

The people he ddos'd are pretty big streamers so I'm sure they already took steps for this and it's impossible for me to contact them

I've been ddossed couple of times and vice versa, its all fun in games for me lol

If he does it just ring your isp and tell them what's going on. They can block the traffic at their end, get his information and pass it onto the relevant authorities to be dealt with.

FTR there's nothing you can do to stop or avoid it if it happens unless your ISP uses dynamic ip addresses (some do, others don't)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

im sure its only illegal if you cause server damage with the packets

"While broadly worded, DDoS can be classified as transmission of a “program, information code, or command”. Damage is defined as “any impairment to the integrity or availability of data, a program, a system, or information” under 18 U.S.C. § 1030(e)(8)."

though its still annoying as fuck

I've been ddossed couple of times and vice versa, its all fun in games for me lol

Oh lol. I'll remember your name then if he eventually does it haha

Oh lol. I'll remember your name then if he eventually does it haha

I said I used to. now I don't because the owners shut the website down

some guy I knew gave the owners minecraft accounts for premium accounts and he gave me a free gold membership llol

Well my first thought is to fight fire with fire, but I don't see that going anywhere. I do have to wonder about why your keeping a guy as a friend who you suspect would give your ip to a known DDoser? Seems like an interesting choice of friends if you ask me...

Here's my suggestion though. Since you seem to have the ability to befriend people of questionable character, how about you try to make friends with this DDoser(or even just faking it). Maybe he wouldn't go after someone he thinks is his friend.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

You can try it anyways? 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well my first thought is to fight fire with fire, but I don't see that going anywhere. I do have to wonder about why your keeping a guy as a friend who you suspect would give your ip to a known DDoser? Seems like an interesting choice of friends if you ask me...

Here's my suggestion though. Since you seem to have the ability to befriend people of questionable character, how about you try to make friends with this DDoser(or even just faking it). Maybe he wouldn't go after someone he thinks is his friend.

You know its pretty easy to get someone ip in Teamspeak

im sure its only illegal if you cause server damage with the packets

"While broadly worded, DDoS can be classified as transmission of a “program, information code, or command”. Damage is defined as “any impairment to the integrity or availability of data, a program, a system, or information” under 18 U.S.C. § 1030(e)(8)."

though its still annoying as fuck

well you are paying for a service but you can't use it because of a person DDoSing you I'd consider that damages. you are getting blocked from using a service that you paid for

I really think it's cute when 12 yr olds are like "im professional haxor imma makr ur computer dead for months rwarr" or whatever, then they just look up "how to DDOS" and download some fake script kiddie program that's actualy a virus and destroys their 1200 dollar their parents bought them for their birthday. 

It's empty threats, m8, no one's going to DDOs you. And if they do, they're probably going to get arrested. 

If you're really scared, invest in a VPN, which prevents DDOS attacks from actually affecting your router. 

You know its pretty easy to get someone ip in Teamspeak

True... Still that was the only good idea I had, lol

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

I dare anyone DDoS my "router".

I made a nifty lil' subroutine sequence that disconnects me, reconnects me, tunnels me through a VPN and launches a nucular missile at the attacking IP(s)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Haha! Yea he's a "friend". I haven't been that long in this channel so I just know those people. But he's one of the first I added outside of Twitch. (steam, twitter etc) I don't really talk to him that much anymore.

I made a nifty lil' subroutine sequence that disconnects me, reconnects me, tunnels me through a VPN and launches a nucular missile at the attacking IP(s)

So they go: "WE HAVE TO GO BACK"

I really think it's cute when 12 yr olds are like "im professional haxor imma makr ur computer dead for months rwarr" or whatever, then they just look up "how to DDOS and download some script kiddie program" and the link in the video downloads a virus onto their computer, destroying it.

It's empty threats, m8, no one's going to DDOs you. And if they do, they're probably going to get arrested. 

If you're really scared, invest in a VPN, which prevents DDOS attacks from actually affecting your router. 

He's a known DDosser.

Nuclear missile? Hmm... Now im intrigued. Was that a legit dare?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

So they go: "WE HAVE TO GO BACK"

Go back where exactly? My VPN is an entire ISP, lel

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Nuclear missile? Hmm... Now im intrigued. Was that a legit dare?

I may or may have not been completely and utterly smashed when I wrote that particular subroutine. I admit nothing. Let's just say the word "cyka" is present in the code.

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

I may or may have not been completely and utterly smashed when I wrote that particular subroutine. I admit nothing. Let's just say the word "cyka" is present in the code.

So you launch CS:GO on their computer and put them in a 15-0 losing game with nothing but Russians? Damn dude, that's cruel, but genius.

Ooh! Now I'm very intrigued! Hope you don't take it personally lol.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

So you launch CS:GO on their computer and put them in a 15-0 losing game with nothing but Russians? Damn dude, that's cruel, but genius.

I HAVE GOT TO IMPLEMENT THAT, IF NOT WORKING AT LEAST JUST FOR LULZ

Ooh! Now I'm very intrigued! Hope you don't take it personally lol.

It's just a chunk of code that doesn't really do anything without having access to a Russian nuclear submarine. Imma post it on my wiki at one point for lulz-sake

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520