First Fallout 4 performance results

SteveGrabowski0

Really, people should stop posting "They didn't have the 780Ti, or the 290x, or the 7950, or the 660Ti" in every damn performance result post.  Find something that is as close to your GPU on the list and just infer from there, take away or add 1-5FPS as you see fit from the tons of GPU reviews out there already on both GPUs.  Make an informed decision and stop shitposting.

Sad to see no AGP 6800XT.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I don't know what your reply has to do with anything or what you're even trying to say.

1) Gameworks is objectively bad. It just destroys performance even for current gen Nvidia cards that happen to be Maxwell, Nvidia apparently requires you to have a 980 or 980ti to use it. How you can claim this is a good thing seeing how almost everybody has performance issues is beyond me

2) There is no perceivable difference in 64x tesselation vs 8x or 16x. No visual improvement whatsoever. It is done specifically to screw amd no other reason for it to default that high

3) You claim 3.5gb isn't an issue yet @Trik'Stari on this very discussion is likely being affected by it cause of his 3x display resolution that will most likely tank on this game (and definitely on others) because of using more than 3.5gb vram.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Are you playing on a TV? 30fps is fucking horrible and once you experience 144hz, 60fps is also

Shit.

Proof that's those who cares soo much about some stupid FPS aren't truly enjoying the games they buy, it's all about who got's the biggest internet wee wee.  And from your gaming requirements, your GPUs must have a extremely short life span...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Really, people should stop posting "They didn't have the 780Ti, or the 290x, or the 7950, or the 660Ti" in every damn performance result post. Find something that is as close to your GPU on the list and just infer from there, take away or add 1-5FPS as you see fit from the tons of GPU reviews out there already on both GPUs. Make an informed decision and stop shitposting.

Sad to see no AGP 6800XT.

Kepler cards are notorious for being left unoptimized by Nvidia so no, people want certain cards that are still very much in use tested, don't tell us what we need.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I have a secret, some people can tell the difference between 30, 60, and 120 fps/Hz on a monitor and don't care. If it doesn't break immersion some people some people don't think its a big deal.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1) Gameworks is objectively bad. It just destroys performance even for current gen Nvidia cards that happen to be Maxwell, Nvidia apparently requires you to have a 980 or 980ti to use it. How you can claim this is a good thing seeing how almost everybody has performance issues is beyond me

2) There is no perceivable difference in 64x tesselation vs 8x or 16x. No visual improvement whatsoever. It is done specifically to screw amd no other reason for it to default that high

3) You claim 3.5gb isn't an issue yet @Trik'Stari on this very discussion is likely being affected by it cause of his 3x display resolution that will most likely tank on this game (and definitely on others) because of using more than 3.5gb vram.

1) Gameworks is not objectively bad. How many games have you played with those effects, and which ones?

2) I didn't say one way or another. I said the only scenario that was possible with some shenanigans from Nvidia was one of the Crysis games. If you're bringing up Witcher 3, loool

3) And his display setup has how many pixels? The 970 was never meant to be a super high res card. The 980 can't do it, and the 980 ti can barely even do it, if then.

I mean, I came from console gaming to PC. I know what it's like to be gaming at 30fps.

I'm curious how it's unplayable for you then. Not meaning a smooth experience, but unplayable.  :huh: I suppose I'm not used to people saying that, since I don't know anyone in rl who says that. Most of them prefer 60 while others have consoles, but still. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm curious how it's unplayable for you then. :huh: I suppose I'm not used to people saying that, since I don't know anyone in rl who says that. Most of them prefer 60 while others have consoles, but still.

I came from console too. Anything above 30fps is a huge improvement. I mean massive.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I'm curious how it's unplayable for you then. :huh: I suppose I'm not used to people saying that, since I don't know anyone in rl who says that. Most of them prefer 60 while others have consoles, but still.

For me personally (I can't speak for everyone who thinks 30fps is unplayable), 30fps feels choppy and it messes with my eyes, leaving me more distracted with the obvious choppiness than what I'm watching.

It even bothers me in videos where I can easily see how choppy the video is - like in videos where the camera is moving around.

As long as I can get 60fps ultra 1200p with my 780 then I am good.

I came from console too. Anything above 30fps is a huge improvement. I mean massive.

And no one said it isn't. We all agree that it is.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1) Gameworks is not objectively bad. How many games have you played with those effects, and which ones?

2) I didn't say one way or another. I said the only scenario that was possible with some shenanigans from Nvidia was one of the Crysis games. If you're bringing up Witcher 3, loool

3) And his display setup has how many pixels? The 970 was never meant to be a super high res card. The 980 can't do it, and the 980 ti can barely even do it, if then.

1) Look at the benchmarks.

2) Saying "lol" doesn't changes anything. So much so that Projekt Red themselves put the tesselation setting in the game menu on later versions. But I'm sure if you'll just reply with another lol

3) So you are saying his performance wouldn't be better if he didn't exceeded 3.5 gb? Again this is not an opinion, this is objective verifiable information. You can't tell people how to use their hardware to excuse Nvidia's misrepresentation of the vram on the cards and total speeds.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wait, how did you get Dying Light to near ultra at 60fps? What 970 are you running, overclocks?

I can't get dying light anywhere NEAR ultra on triple monitor without the framerate dive bombing.

I have a gigabyte Windforce with an extra 100ish MHz on top of the factor overlclock. And a custom bios for 0 fan speed at idle. I only have 2x MSAA with fxaa though. I have Everything else at ultra except view distance is about 80 percent of normal (only effects shadows but huge fps inpack) and I think I have something else turned down. Don't remember. I'll try and check when I get home.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

This is such anti-competitve behaviour from Nvidia. Working with the makers of the game to optimise the game for their cards, which are worse anyways.... for fuck's sake Nvidia, stop being a bitch.

This is such anti-competitve behaviour from Nvidia. Working with the makers of the game to optimise the game for their cards, which are worse anyways.... for fuck's sake Nvidia, stop being a bitch.

It's not Nvidea's fault Radeon is slow with drivers... If Radeon had released drivers for the launch this wouldn't have happened.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1) Look at the benchmarks.

2) Saying "lol" doesn't changes anything. So much so that Projekt Red themselves put the tesselation setting in the game menu on later versions. But I'm sure if you'll just reply with another lol

3) So you are saying his performance wouldn't be better if he didn't exceeded 3.5 gb? Again this is not an opinion, this is objective verifiable information. You can't tell people how to use their hardware to excuse Nvidia misrepresentation of the vram on the cards and total speeds.

1 - No, I want to know which games you've played.

2 - Not going to be another "lol". I'm just tired of the Witcher 3 argument, which is why I said that in the first place. And I'm aware they added it, as I own the game. Was a good addition, and it's totally not something that's never happened in any game before that, ever.

3 - No, I'm saying the 970 isn't a high res card. It could have 12 gigs of full speed memory and it still wouldn't be a high res card. I tested the bloody thing myself and looked for whatever the people were complaining about and I couldn't find anything (massive microstuttering when reaching 3.5 or over, etc).

It's not Nvidea's fault Radeon is slow with drivers... If Radeon had released drivers for the launch this wouldn't have happened.

Have you not been following the news? Nvidia gameworks, which has been proven to hurt AMD performance, is present. Also, Nvidia has been WORKING WITH THE FUCKING DEVS on it, they will have had forever to manipulate the game so that Nvidia games run it well.

I have a gigabyte Windforce with an extra 100ish MHz on top of the factor overlclock. And a custom bios for 0 fan speed at idle. I only have 2x MSAA with fxaa thoug. I have Ev erything else at ultra except view distance is about 80 percent of normal (only effects shadows but huge fps I pack) and I think I have something else turned down. Don't remember. I'll try and chemo when I get home.

I'll have to check that out.

cff.png

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Have you not been following the news? Nvidia gameworks, which has been proven to hurt AMD performance, is present. Also, Nvidia has been WORKING WITH THE FUCKING DEVS on it, they will have had forever to manipulate the game so that Nvidia games run it well.

You'd be surprised which games Nvidia has sent engineers to the studios of to help out on.

Kepler cards are notorious for being left unoptimized by Nvidia so no, people want certain cards that are still very much in use tested, don't tell us what we need.

The only big game that this has happened is with Witcher 3, and that has already been fixed months ago.  And there's the AMD posts as well, this isn't about Kepler posts.

There has been 0 evidence the existence of Gameworks hurts AMD performance.  AMD plays just as well as NVIDIA GPUs on Witcher 3 with Gameworks options off.  If anything, it's been proven that Gameworks does nothing for AMD. And TBH, Nvidia probably sends engineers to EVERY AAA game in existence.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just letting you know Witcher 3 v1.11 doesn't even allow you to select above 8x tesselation on ANY GRAPHICS CARD anymore so literally stop. It was set to default at 64x for what? a month then everyone figured out it wasn't needed?

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I'm curious how it's unplayable for you then. Not meaning a smooth experience, but unplayable. :huh: I suppose I'm not used to people saying that, since I don't know anyone in rl who says that. Most of them prefer 60 while others have consoles, but still.

I came from consoles as well, but now 30 is unplayable in almost all circumstance. I'd say its just what the users' body perceives as smooth motion. 30fps to me looks like everything is twitching back and forth as its moved across the screen, not smooth motion. The best example I can think of to get this across is final fantasy 7's intro cinematic. If you look at the stars, do they appear to be jumping back and forth? Besides that it just looks like frames aren't there when they should be. I honestly haven't found a way I feel easily describes it, but really its just not pleasant.

On a side note, to me 30fps isn't terrible on small screens. Like <10 inches small.