First Fallout 4 performance results

SteveGrabowski0

Gt3fqu8.gif

I just can''t believe that the 970 gets below 60 on 1080p ultra. Things are not looking good for me wanting to play it on 5760x1080

What video is that?

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

What video is that?

I can't remember. Someone else probably does..

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just letting you know Witcher 3 v1.11 doesn't even allow you to select above 8x tesselation on ANY GRAPHICS CARD anymore so literally stop. It was set to default at 64x for what? a month then everyone figured out it wasn't needed?

We already know it's a huge performance hit. Who the fuck cares? If you can't run that settings then don't. It'd be amazing if every game came out with graphics only the top hardware can run so that years down the road it doesn't look super shitty.

I bring up Gameworks killing performance, you tell me "Who fucking cares?" I think it's self evident who cares. Move along from the discussion if you do not, glad you're able to afford the latest Nvidia flagship every 6 months, let others discuss things relevant to them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 - No. You don't get to dismiss Gameworks titles just because you call them "bad" In fact, they ADD do my point since it usually means games go from bad to worst or even unplayable when Gameworks gets involved. This is literally Gamework's purpose "Don't waste time coding game dev, just use our own custom proprietary shit instead" You're basically indirectly advocating bad game development practices by dismissing the "bad" gameworks games.

1 and 3 I will consider ask and answered henceforth, not addressing that at all anymore I'm not into circular discussions.

Eh. Gameworks can kind of be dismissed in Batman. It's a shit port that will never be fixed. Gameworks doesn't make any difference in how broken the game is. GW features on or off the port is fucked. It's also so fucked that it's completely random who will and won't have issues. Hell, the game ran better for me on a 290X with Gameworks turned on then it does on my 980 with all the Gameworks stuff off.

770 was beating a 280x. 285 only catches up to the 280x and 770 in games with lots of tessellation, but not outright beats them. In case we forget, the 770 was a 680 and the 280x was a 7970. Now the 770 is losing to the little brother of the 280x.

280x has nothing to do with the 285. The 285 was brand new gcn1.2. What I was saying is we all know amd cards improve past release quite a bit so it is not surprising whatsoever to see the 380/285 beat the 770 now.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Eh. Gameworks can kind of be dismissed in Batman. It's a shit port that will never be fixed. Gameworks doesn't make any difference in how broken the game is. GW features on or off the port is fucked. It's also so fucked that it's completely random who will and won't have issues. Hell, the game ran better for me on a 290X with Gameworks turned on then it does on my 980 with all the Gameworks stuff off.

Can´t: Nvidia's choice to sponsor them, not mine. They will have to live with that Gamework seal of approval on a legendary turd. Sorry if offends your ability to argue in favor of Gameworks, not my problem.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yo, did you even read what I just typed? I wasn't comparing them, it was used purely to get the concept across.

I read all your posts.  ^_^

It's that by trying to give an example of twitching at 30 FPS and putting a 15 FPS video one might think you consider them to be the same thing, and thus think they are comparable. Miscommunication.  ^_^

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I bring up Gameworks killing performance, you tell me "Who fucking cares?" I think it's self evident who cares. Move along from the discussion if you do not, glad you're able to afford the latest Nvidia flagship every 6 months, let others discuss things relevant to them.

No I say that to demand that games OMIT GRAPHICS SO THAT THEY CAN RUN ON WEAKER HARDWARE HELPS NO ONE IN THE LONG RUN. So stop bitching when devs add graphics that actually take high end hardware to run. Its not like you can't just fucking turn the shit off.

Years down the road when you go back to the game you might actually appreciate that crysis 3 wasn't a joke at release (even though that example isn't all that apt as it had/has some really bad optimization issues).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 - No. You don't get to dismiss Gameworks titles just because you call them "bad" In fact, they ADD do my point since it usually means games go from bad to worst or even unplayable when Gameworks gets involved. This is literally Gamework's purpose "Don't waste time coding game dev, just use our own custom proprietary shit instead" You're basically indirectly advocating bad game development practices by dismissing the "bad" gameworks games.

1 and 3 I will consider ask and answered henceforth, not addressing that at all anymore I'm not into circular discussions.

You're drawing your conclusion that you want to be the truth around an assumption. I'm trying to remain objective.

If Gameworks' purpose was "to be lazy", then why do the Ubisoft titles (and even Batman) run like ass even with the effects disabled, then? Yeah, because they don't give a flying fuck about PC to begin with, like I said before. The only reason you guys are throwing shit at Nvidia is because their name is on the game. If they didn't have anything to do with the game, you guys would be blaming the developers, right? Shows who the gullible ones are.

You're the one trying to argue my points, and you're failing to do so because you just want to dismiss it because it doesn't fit your truth. You're not bringing up any actual points that prove Nvidia is being a company trying to harm Radeon performance.

I mean, even your first reply to me was intended to be a snarky remark. That's typical of people on this forum who don't know how to have a conversation without getting irrationally upset about a feud between two companies that don't give a shit about you.

If AMD had decent money they'd be able to just send people out like Nvidia does. They don't, though. So I don't think this is "laziness" on their part, it's just they're probably stretched way too thin.

Regardless of circumstances, it's better to go with a company with more resources, time and funds if you expect better support/performance. AMD is nowhere to be found whilst nVidia is active in almost every game.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Regardless of circumstances, it's better to go with a company with more resources, time and funds if you expect better support/performance. AMD is nowhere to be found whilst nVidia is active in almost every game.

It's better to buy the better product regardless of the name on the box.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Can´t: Nvidia's choice to sponsor them, not mine. They will have to live with that Gamework seal of approval on a legendary turd. Sorry if offends your ability to argue in favor of Gameworks, not my problem.

Where did I argue in favor of Gameworks? I'm simply pointing out that Batman is a bad example. Using it only hurts your position. You can't use a game that is broken regardless of external features to argue performance.

280x has nothing to do with the 285. The 285 was brand new gcn1.2. What I was saying is we all know amd cards improve past release quite a bit so it is not surprising whatsoever to see the 380/285 beat the 770 now.

I know they are different architectures. I meant little brother in terms of performance. This performance difference is abnormal. The difference between the GCN 1.0 (7950/280) and GCN 1.2 (285/380) is better performance in tessellation and compression. Otherwise, they perform exactly the same in titles that are not heavy on tessellation, which puts them in line with the 760 and 960. I'll remind you again that the 680 and 7970 were the flagships of their generation. There's nothing normal about a 680 now losing to what is essentially a 7950 with better tesseslation and compression. Even with the improvements in GCN 1.2, the 285/380 still doesn't surprass the 7970/280x. This would be like a 980 losing to a 390 in about 4 years.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

It's not just one game.

perfrel_1920_1080.png

Kepler is getting shafted. 760 losing to a 270x. 770 performing worse than 285/380. 280x on the heels of a 780.

Those were all tested at launch and are not indicative of where they are now.  Nobody in their right mind will test every game with every driver revision with every GPU.  And that is a GPU performance review not a game review.  You're barking up the wrong tree and hoping I follow along.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

What video is that?

I can't remember. Someone else probably does..

DIdn't watch the whole video again but it's the one. Not sure if it was edited into gif with the running from other video or if it's in there.

It's not just one game.

perfrel_1920_1080.png

Kepler is getting shafted. 760 losing to a 270x. 770 performing worse than 285/380. 280x on the heels of a 780.

Those were all tested at launch and are not indicative of where they are now.  Nobody in their right mind will test every game with every driver revision with every GPU.  And that is a GPU performance review not a game review.  You're barking up the wrong tree and hoping I follow along.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

You're drawing your conclusion that you want to be the truth around an assumption. I'm trying to remain objective.

If Gameworks' purpose was "to be lazy", then why do the Ubisoft titles (and even Batman) run like ass even with the effects disabled, then? Yeah, because they don't give a flying fuck about PC to begin with, like I said before. The only reason you guys are throwing shit at Nvidia is because their name is on the game. If they didn't have anything to do with the game, you guys would be blaming the developers, right? Shows who the gullible ones are.

You're the one trying to argue my points, and you're failing to do so because you just want to dismiss it because it doesn't fit your truth. You're not bringing up any actual points that prove Nvidia is being a company trying to harm Radeon performance.

I mean, even your first reply to me was intended to be a snarky remark. That's typical of people on this forum who don't know how to have a conversation without getting irrationally upset about a feud between two companies that don't give a shit about you.

it could be as simple as the way they are turned off causes issues/latencies...

take Unigine Heaven for example. If i turn OFF tesselation (completely OFF) my AMD cards suffer more FPS wise then leaving it at x2...

turning shit off may or may not be as simple as we think. If you embed things deep enough, turning it off can cause ripple effects trying to substitue lots of code with other code...

No, benchmarks support what I've stated so far. Arguments like "It was fixed inside a month" do not negate it, we all know launches are important and first impressions carry on for months. This assumptions based on launch and first impressions is what keep Nvidia as the top sellers, not the performance itself once shit gets "fixed" This is also irregardless of whenever you support or condemn their methods and I don't think you'd disagree on this without being intellectually dishonest

If Gameworks' purpose was "to be lazy", then why do the Ubisoft titles (and even Batman) run like ass even with the effects disabled, then? Yeah, because they don't give a flying fuck about PC to begin with, like I said before. The only reason you guys are throwing shit at Nvidia is because their name is on the game.

Again, their own choice to put their name on shit games, can't blame me, go tell them to stop putting gameworks on crap titles if it bothers you that it makes the entire implementation look poor I have 0 control over what Nvidia decides to do. I only care about results and benchmarks which are self evident: On average gameworks titles have terrible performance specially at launch when it matters the most.

You're the one trying to argue my points

I'm trying to argue your points by not quoting them and specifically telling you I am not arguing them, twice? Sure.

-------

Current Rig

-------

DIdn't watch the whole video again but it's the one. Not sure if it was edited into gif with the running.

thanks

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

thanks

Np  :)

I don't agree. AMD has some smart people over there and they almost always poop out some good stuff. They've been on GCN for idk how long now and they're still keeping up and sometimes beating Nvidia.

But if everyone went with the big players of the game rather than the other ones, we'd have a monopoly essentially and that's bad for everyone (I don't think AMD is going anywhere any time soon though).

Now, I want AMD to make a huge comeback with CPUs and even GPUs because I'm growing more and more cranky with Nvidia and Intel and I'm itching to switch completely.

This makes absolutely no sense since those AMD cards that are now leading were losing at launch. I'm not even sure YOU know what the hell you just said, You just put together random things to suit your preconceived notion, facts be damned.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Where did I argue in favor of Gameworks? I'm simply pointing out that Batman is a bad example. Using it only hurts your position. You can't use a game that is broken regardless of external features to argue performance.

It's not only the latest Batman this goes way back to previous Batman whatever titles. Also you let me worry about my points, you go attack gameworks cherry picking titles if you want, I am not making such distinction, they should be hold accountable for all Gamework titles included the botched miserable failures.

-------

Current Rig

-------

And that's how monopoly is born.

it could be as simple as the way they are turned off causes issues/latencies...

take Unigine Heaven for example. If i turn OFF tesselation (completely OFF) my AMD cards suffer more FPS wise then leaving it at x2...

turning shit off may or may not be as simple as we think. If you embed things deep enough, turning it off can cause ripple effects trying to substitue lots of code with other code...

I don't know how games are coded. There's like one or two people here on the forum I'd believe over my own opinion and everyone else's since they're actually involved in the practice.

I just don't believe it's as simple as "Gameworks somehow makes Radeon cards run badly, even when disabled".