First Fallout 4 performance results

SteveGrabowski0

Seems like the game is favoring nvidia. Coincidence? I think not. Devs program it on nvidia hardware then just port it to AMD right?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Well this is a about what I'd expect for Bethesda.

SoM level intensity.

Would be nice to see how fiji does on this but that will come.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

About where they should be. Now here's to hoping there's no retarded bugs that stay in the game for years.

How is 30 fps+ not playable

that's how much I get on skyrim with ENB and it still plays smooth ;p

Have you never played at 60fps?

amd didnt even release a fallout driver... give it time .... it will even things up again....

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Seems like the game is favoring nvidia. Coincidence? I think not. Devs program it on nvidia hardware then just port it to AMD right?

Sigh really? Do you not know how game programming works?

Literally this is the case on basically every new title because nvidia actually optimizes a shit load before day 1 launch and amd doesn't.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

For one, AMD doesn't have a driver out for the game. Two, the performance curves are typical, so I would hardly call this "favoring Nvidia".

Well this is a about what I'd expect for Bethesda.

SoM level intensity.

Would be nice to see how fiji does on this but that will come.

SoM = Shadow of Mordor?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

amd didnt even release a fallout driver... give it time .... it will even things up again....

It will. Nothing special about this game.

I swear people saying nvidia is jipping amd on this title have no idea how DirectX works...

Btw to everyone interested the 390x and 290x used have very different clocks, so that is probably the majority of the performance difference.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

SoM = Shadow of Mordor?

Yea.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

What? In the OP, it gets 59fps at 1440p. I assume it'll run at 40ish fps on 5760x1080p. (Because that's what I'm doing)

If you look at the 1080p graph the average is 80, but the low is 55-57. I'm running 5760x1080 on a single 970, and modern games don't do too great on it. I have to turn stuff down on GTA V to get 60fps, and running below 60fps just doesn't work for me. Too choppy.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

About where they should be. Now here's to hoping there's no retarded bugs that stay in the game for years.

Have you never played at 60fps?

I can max out skyrim 60 fps with default vanilla...

ENB Is so FPS hungry....

Welp, looks like gameworks is showing it ugly face once more

AMD's poor tessellation performance and high driver overhead are showing their ugly face once more.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

I can max out skyrim 60 fps with default vanilla...

ENB Is so FPS hungry....

Well yeah I understand that, but I was more so commenting about you asking how 30fps isn't playable, which I agree that it's not.

If you look at the 1080p graph the average is 80, but the low is 55-57. I'm running 5760x1080 on a single 970, and modern games don't do too great on it. I have to turn stuff down on GTA V to get 60fps, and running below 60fps just doesn't work for me. Too choppy.

Yes but the min is 1%. That is so low. It would be minor studder. Trust me, I too am running a 970 on 3 monitors. The studder is very unnoticeable. I tend to stick with the average fps. I bet we could easily play this game at upper 50-60fps. Just turn down some AA and view distance. This game runs better than dying light and I got dying light 60fps near ultra on 3 monitors.

Edit: also take into account that it is AVERAGE. Meaning those min values have to be made up for by higher ones to even average at 80. So at times the game would even be running at 90fps to make up for those short drops.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Yes, Nvidia is doing horrible and unethical things to gain a competitive edge. But it's a competitive edge.

What are they doing that's so unethical and horrible?

Well yeah I understand that, but I was more so commenting about you asking how 30fps isn't playable, which I agree that it's not.

It is. It's not the smoothest experience when you get used to 60 or even higher refresh rates, but it's far from unplayable. Below 30 is unplayable, anything higher is playable, it just depends on how smooth of an experience you'll get.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Yes but the min is 1%. That is so low. It would be minor studder. Trust me, I too am running a 970 on 3 monitors. The studder is very unnoticeable. I tend to stick with the average fps. I bet we could easily play this game at upper 50-60fps. Just turn down some AA and view distance. This game runs better than dying light and I got dying light 60fps near ultra on 3 monitors.

Edit: also take into account that it is AVERAGE. Meaning those min values have to be made up for by higher ones to even average at 80. So at times the game would even be running at 90fps to make up for those short drops.

Wait, how did you get Dying Light to near ultra at 60fps? What 970 are you running, overclocks?

I can't get dying light anywhere NEAR ultra on triple monitor without the framerate dive bombing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What are they doing that's so unethical and horrible?

Gameworks and the like. Upping tesselation just to screw with AMD. 970 3.5 + 0.5 Gb.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

It is. It's not the smoothest experience when you get used to 60 or even higher refresh rates, but it's far from unplayable. Below 30 is unplayable, anything higher is playable, it just depends on how smooth of an experience you'll get.

If I ever drop below 40 in a game multiple times, I'm turning settings down, personally (which is rare since I have a fairly high end system). Reason is because anything below that threshold is choppy and unplayable to me, and I would venture to say that most PC gamers who have played at 60fps in most of what they do would agree.

I've even heard people who play on 120hz monitors say that 60fps isn't smooth at all to them anymore, and I believe them.

Gameworks and the like. Upping tesselation just to screw with AMD. 970 3.5 + 0.5 Gb.

Gameworks isn't bad. The main titles we've seen use the library come from studios who don't give a shit about the PC platform to begin with.

Tessellation wasn't upped anywhere just to screw with AMD. Only situation that's probably true about Nvidia sabotaging AMD's performance was in one of the Crysis games.

The 970 was a fine card and there's nothing wrong with it. They didn't deceive anyone. The internet got in an uproar over nothing.

Gameworks isn't bad. The main titles we've seen use the library come from studios who don't give a shit about the PC platform to begin with.

Tessellation wasn't upped anywhere just to screw with AMD. Only situation that's probably true about Nvidia sabotaging AMD's performance was in one of the Crysis games.

The 970 was a fine card and there's nothing wrong with it. They didn't deceive anyone. The internet got in an uproar over nothing.

Any more revisionism you'd like to add?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ah, good, the 750 Ti works well enough that my brother can still play comfortably. Nice! :D

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Any more revisionism you'd like to add?

I don't know what your reply has to do with anything or what you're even trying to say.

If I ever drop below 40 in a game multiple times, I'm turning settings down, personally (which is rare since I have a fairly high end system). Reason is because anything below that threshold is choppy and unplayable to me, and I would venture to say that most PC gamers who have played at 60fps in most of what they do would agree.

I've even heard people who play on 120hz monitors say that 60fps isn't smooth at all to them anymore, and I believe them.

They are used to 120 and that's just fine, it's all a matter of habit. Mind you I don't like playing @ 30 FPS either, I think above 45 is acceptable in most games, with 55-60 being the sweet spot. You are not used ti playing @30 and that's fine as well, but that doesn't mean it's unplayable. You can play, but the experience will be different. As I said, those people that play @ 120 will be able to play it but it'll be a horrible experience for them since it's a huge difference. 

While we're at it, I'd really like to give people that play @ 120+ the hardware that could only run games @ 30, and leave them like that for a month and see if it'll become normal for them. I'm really curious what would happen.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

They are used to 120 and that's just fine, it's all a matter of habit. Mind you I don't like playing @ 30 FPS either, I think above 45 is acceptable in most games, with 55-60 being the sweet spot. You are not used ti playing @30 and that's fine as well, but that doesn't mean it's unplayable. You can play, but the experience will be different. As I said, those people that play @ 120 will be able to play it but it'll be a horrible experience for them since it's a huge difference. 

While we're at it, I'd really like to give people that play @ 120+ the hardware that could only run games @ 30, and leave them like that for a month and see if it'll become normal for them. I'm really curious what would happen.

I mean, I came from console gaming to PC. I know what it's like to be gaming at 30fps.