First Fallout 4 performance results

SteveGrabowski0

For one, AMD doesn't have a driver out for the game. Two, the performance curves are typical, so I would hardly call this "favoring Nvidia".

A 390x cannot and should not be beaten by a 970. The 390 should perform better than a 970

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

1 - No, I want to know which games you've played.

1 - I'm glad that you trust me more than professional reviewers on controlled environments and with access to a hell of a lot more hardware, truly. But there's a reason I said no: I mention performance is objectively worst with Gameworks with questionable improvements on quality. I am not responding simply because I refuse your attempt to change the subject into a well, subjective opinion on my experience playing a game. I am not willing to discuss that with you, not while on the topic of performance anyway

2 - Not going to be another "lol". I'm just tired of the Witcher 3 argument, which is why I said that in the first place. And I'm aware they added it, as I own the game. Was a good addition, and it's totally not something that's never happened in any game before that, ever.

The only big game that this has happened is with Witcher 3, and that has already been fixed months ago.  And there's the AMD posts as well, this isn't about Kepler posts.

2 - Re: Batman's tessellated cape. Also if anything more games are using gameworks so its more likely to happen on newer games.

3 - No, I'm saying the 970 isn't a high res card. It could have 12 gigs of full speed memory and it still wouldn't be a high res card. I tested the bloody thing myself and looked for whatever the people were complaining about and I couldn't find anything (massive microstuttering when reaching 3.5 or over, etc).

3- You don't get to say which card is "high res" and which card is not. This isn't a console gamer we're talking about it, Trik is free to do whatever the fuck he wants with his games and settings and resolutions, you don't get to change his preferences just to win a pointless and transparent straw man fallacy.

-------

Current Rig

-------

A 390x cannot and should not be beaten by a 970. The 390 should perform better than a 970

That's not Nvidia's fault, lol.

Whenever AMD gets a driver out for the game, we'll probably see an improvement.

Remove your drivers and try playing any game. That's why the 390x lost to the 970.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I just hope they fixed a lot of the engine issues that still persist since they made morrowind 13 years ago.....

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

The best example I can think of to get this across is final fantasy 7's intro cinematic. If you look at the stars, do they appear to be jumping back and forth? Besides that it just looks like frames aren't there when they should be. I honestly haven't found a way I feel easily describes it, but really its just not pleasant.

To be honest, those stutters look like it's running around 20-ish. Look at the car @ 1:12. I don't believe that's even 30. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 - I'm glad that you trust me more than professional reviewers on controlled environments and with access to a hell of a lot more hardware, truly. But there's a reason I said no: I mention performance is objectively worst with Gameworks with questionable improvements on quality. I am not responding simply because I refuse your attempt to change the subject into a well, subjective opinion on my experience playing a game. I am not willing to discuss that with you, not while on the topic of performance anyway

2 - Re: Batman's tessellated cape. Also if anything more games are using gameworks so its more likely to happen on newer games.

3- You don't get to say which card is "high res" and which card is not. This isn't a console gamer we're talking about it, Trik is free to do whatever the fuck he wants with his games and settings and resolutions, you don't get to change his preferences just to win a pointless and transparent straw man fallacy.

1 - I just wanted to know which titles you've played exactly. Whenever someone talks shit about Gameworks, it's almost always because they have these horrible examples that come from the likes of Ubisoft and other bad PC versions, like you bring up in your second point.

2 - Batman is a bad PC version to begin with. Next.

3 - Okay. This isn't some bullshit I'm pulling out of my ass. You can't say "I want this 970 to be a 4k card" and it magically becomes a 4k card like so many people were complaining about. I don't know what you're smoking, but I want some of it.

That's not Nvidia's fault, lol.

Whenever AMD gets a driver out for the game, we'll probably see an improvement.

Pitty that isn't a dx12 game...

To be honest, those stutters look like it's running around 20-ish. Look at the car @ 1:12. I don't believe that's even 30. 

You're not wrong it is less than 30, the cutscenes are 15fps. That was an example just to get the concept across.

Pitty that isn't a dx12 game...

Because DX12 favors AMD right? lol

You'd be surprised which games Nvidia has sent engineers to the studios of to help out on.

AMD is nowhere to be found. Sons of bitches crying about nVidia actually putting in time and resources to help optimize and give developers a hand. If AMD wasn't so fucking lazy we wouldn't have so many crying about it. Either buy an nVidia card or quit your bitchin'. AMD offers no support to their customers at launch; sometimes for weeks. nVidia is active in helping and I'm glad at least 1 company gets it.

People blame nVidia yet AMD sure isn't doing a damned thing. And their hoards of fanboys blame nVidia for everything yet their own company just sits on their asses. That is not something I would want from a company I support.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Not just because of that, but generally improves performance across the board

I mean it favors Hawaii lol.

Hawaii is God is life on DX12. (I mean Fiji and gm200 still win, but lol does Hawaii see huge boosts in dx12).

But lol. I can't wait for cpu utilization above 50%...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The only big game that this has happened is with Witcher 3, and that has already been fixed months ago.  And there's the AMD posts as well, this isn't about Kepler posts.

There has been 0 evidence the existence of Gameworks hurts AMD performance.  AMD plays just as well as NVIDIA GPUs on Witcher 3 with Gameworks options off.  If anything, it's been proven that Gameworks does nothing for AMD. And TBH, Nvidia probably sends engineers to EVERY AAA game in existence.

It's not just one game.

perfrel_1920_1080.png

Kepler is getting shafted. 760 losing to a 270x. 770 performing worse than 285/380. 280x on the heels of a 780.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just letting you know Witcher 3 v1.11 doesn't even allow you to select above 8x tesselation on ANY GRAPHICS CARD anymore so literally stop. It was set to default at 64x for what? a month then everyone figured out it wasn't needed?

We already know it's a huge performance hit. Who the fuck cares? If you can't run that settings then don't. It'd be amazing if every game came out with graphics only the top hardware can run so that years down the road it doesn't look super shitty.

V1.11 came out October 23rd according to the Steam Newspost...

yeah... a month.... time sure moves fast, it feels like may was two weeks ago

You're not wrong it is less than 30, the cutscenes are 15fps. That was an example just to get the concept across.

You can't compare 30 with 15, same as you can't compare 60 with 30. 15 is seriously unplayable. <_< I'm more than sure those stutters wouldn't be happening at 30, at least not at that magnitude. You can't really use a cs that runs at 15 FPS and give it as an example for 30.  <_< But even w/o that I do understand what you mean, but I still consider it to be playable, at 30 that is. Not that great of an experience when you get used to more but still playable. But that's me.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

AMD is nowhere to be found. Sons of bitches crying about nVidia actually putting in time and resources to help optimize and give developers a hand. If AMD wasn't so fucking lazy we wouldn't have so many crying about it. Either buy an nVidia card or quit your bitchin'. AMD offers no support to their customers at launch; sometimes for weeks. nVidia is active in helping and I'm glad at least 1 company gets it.

People blame nVidia yet AMD sure isn't doing a damned thing. And their hoards of fanboys blame nVidia for everything yet their own company just sits on their asses. That is not something I would want from a company I support.

Never support a company, that removes free will.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

If AMD had decent money they'd be able to just send people out like Nvidia does. They don't, though. So I don't think this is "laziness" on their part, it's just they're probably stretched way too thin.

2 - Batman is a bad PC version to begin with. Next.

2 - No. You don't get to dismiss Gameworks titles just because you call them "bad" In fact, they ADD do my point since it usually means games go from bad to worst or even unplayable when Gameworks gets involved. This is literally Gamework's purpose "Don't waste time coding game dev, just use our own custom proprietary shit instead" You're basically indirectly advocating bad game development practices by dismissing the "bad" gameworks games.

1 and 3 I will consider ask and answered henceforth, not addressing that at all anymore I'm not into circular discussions.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's not just one game.

perfrel_1920_1080.png

Kepler is getting shafted. 760 losing to a 270x. 770 performing worse than 285/380. 280x on the heels of a 780.

I mean the 770 was competting with the 285 from the beginning and we all know the 285 was going to get better with time...

Likewise with the 270x.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

So sad they don't put the 780ti in those graphs anymore :(

shame they never post the 295x2 results

or the 280x

TechSpot usually does old cards. Wait for a performance review from them.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

You can't compare 30 with 15, same as you can't compare 60 with 30. 15 is seriously unplayable. <_< I'm more than sure those stutters wouldn't be happening at 30, at least not at that magnitude. You can't really use a cs that runs at 15 FPS and give it as an example for 30.  <_< But even w/o that I do understand what you mean, but I still consider it to be playable, at 30 that is. Not that great of an experience when you get used to more but still playable. But that's me.

Yo, did you even read what I just typed? I wasn't comparing them, it was used purely to get the concept across. And yes, 30fps does look stuttery, like things are twitching/stretching back and forth, to me.

V1.11 came out October 23rd according to the Steam Newspost...

yeah... a month.... time sure moves fast, it feels like may was two weeks ago

Jesus fuck. V1.11 is not the update that fixed 64x tesselation. Literally that was within a month of release.

V1.11 COMPLETELY REMOVED THE ABILITY TO SELECT ABOVE 8X TESSELATION.

Completely different thing entirely.

EDIT: The fix occured on May 21st. The game released on May 19th. 2 fucking days later. Why the fuck are people bitching about this? (The official game update that added a slider was a little bit later).

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

I mean the 770 was competting with the 285 from the beginning and we all know the 285 was going to get better with time...

Likewise with the 270x.

770 was beating a 280x. 285 only catches up to the 280x and 770 in games with lots of tessellation, but not outright beats them. In case we forget, the 770 was a 680 and the 280x was a 7970. Now the 770 is losing to the little brother of the 280x.