What is Scientology?

Aytex

A religion started by a science fiction writter. The basic idea is, that you are inhabitated by a thetan (alien soul), which hinders your true potential.

By doing courses at Scientology (and by throwing copious amounts of money in their direction) they can rid you of these thetans and make you able to reach your true potential.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Scientology is a religion that offers a precise path leading to a complete and certain understanding of one’s true spiritual nature and one’s relationship to self, family, groups, Mankind, all life forms, the material universe, the spiritual universe and the Supreme Being.

There's a damn video.

lol'd

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

A religion started by a science fiction writter. The basic idea is, that you are inhabitated by a thetan (alien soul), which hinders your true potential.

By doing courses at Scientology (and by throwing copious amounts of money in their direction) they can rid you of these thetans and make you able to reach your true potential.

so basically its just a marketing scheme? for more monis?

so basically its just a marketing scheme? for more monis?

You could say that about most religions I guess (prepares for flame war).

I think Jimmy Carr put it best

4cbe2ee5fff42545866b9b171e621a98.jpg

There is some evidence to suggest that L. Ron. Hubbard (the religion's founder) didn't actually believe in the religion he founded and he only did it for the money.

But that doesn't take away from the claims that are made by the believers in Scientology. 

As I see it, a belief in Scientology is as valid as a belief in any other religious system.

You could say that about most religions I guess (prepares for flame war).

I think Jimmy Carr put it best

4cbe2ee5fff42545866b9b171e621a98.jpg

There is some evidence to suggest that L. Ron. Hubbard (the religion's founder) didn't actually believe in the religion he founded and he only did it for the money.

But that doesn't take away from the claims that are made by the believers in Scientology. 

As I see it, a beliefe in Scientology is as valid as a belief in any other religious system.

i dont want a flame war just a TL:DR of what it is, im religious my self

though you pretty much awnsred my question

Other religions do the same honestly.

Has no one heard of Adderal? :P

As someone who has ADD, that stuff is truly amazing. I feel human for once.

-snip-

scientology is just in it for the money.

while a christian priest in orange county drives his Mercedes benz to his million dollar property.

Other religions do the same honestly.

stop... just stop

no need for a flaemwar from your opininos

They all have a fee to it apparently.

lets end it here lads, my question is awnsered

-Jimmy Carr-

Wise words, I think.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

i dont want a flame war just a TL:DR of what it is, im religious my self

though you pretty much awnsred my question

A bad Science-Fiction story written by a sub-par science-fiction writer who wanted a cash grab.

A bad Science-Fiction story written by a sub-par science-fiction writer who wanted a cash grab.

Pretty Much

A10-7800 | GTX 750 Ti | 8GB DDR3

Folding Stats

Has no one heard of Adderal? :P

As someone who has ADD, that stuff is truly amazing. I feel human for once.

Scientology has heard about it, and they aren't happy about it.

According to their doctrin, all of modern psychology and psychiatry is wrong and should be discarded. 

cchr_sign_hires.jpg

It is a "religion" based off the work of some lunatic that actually, on some occasion, admitted his religion was created (to those who claim all religion is made up: no, there is a HUGE difference. We know for a FACT that Scientology was created by one single man. As much as you wish to believe it, you have absolutely no evidence to claim otherwise for the other religions) to control others or build a society of like minded, rich and powerful individuals.They worship some alien thing, they think mentally sick people need to die and whole bunch of other stuff like they murder people who leave the religion or betray it, and order those who stay to never contact those who left unless they left the "church" as well.

Leah Remini has a book where she discusses her life involvement in the cult. You should read it if you are interested to know more about it. There are more books and such available, too.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

why are all the famous actors in scientology???

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I've looked around google everything is too complicated?

Anyone have a TL:DR of what it is?

People are saying its too complicated to explain but, im sure someone can explain it

Long story short: It's BULLSHIT!  That's what Scientology is.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

why are all the famous actors in scientology???

If you really want to know, they made it up of rich people to gather more members. It is in one of their books, and several of their members admit it. If they have rich and powerful people who can and do influence others, more people will join.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If you really want to know, they made it up of rich people to gather more members. It is in one of their books, and several of their members admit it. If they have rich and powerful people who can and do influence others, more people will join.

donald trump is rich

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

donald trump is rich

They can't get who doesn't want in.

And those who break the rules answer to the MAA and then disappear. I mean...just ask Shelly Miscavige. Oh wait, you can't, they murdered her. :(

They can't get who doesn't want in.

And those who break the rules answer to the MAA and then disappear. I mean...just ask Shelly Miscavige. Oh wait, you can't, they murdered her. :(

WHAT>???

THEY MUDER PEOPLE??