OnePlus X - The budget budget smartphone

The wraps have been taken off the new OnePlus phone that we have been seeing leaks of. Introducing:

oneplusx.jpg

The OnePlus X

Specs:

CPU: Snapdragon 801 -(old)

RAM: 3GB LPDDR3

Display: 5.0" 1080p AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 -(so amoled on this one but not on the OP2???)

Camera: 13 MP with f/2.2 aperture with front facing being an 8 MP shooter with an f/2.4 -(huge front facing one :P )

Battery: 2,525 mAh

Storage: 16GB with the choice of either using Dual Sim or using one sim and space for the extra sim for a MicroSD card (upto 128GB)

Connectivity: 2.4Ghz b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 - (EDIT: Apparently, OnePlus lists their WiFi support a tier lower. The WiFi chip is WCN3680, which does support AC. Still, not confirmed)

Comes in 2 colors of either Onyx (138g) or Ceramic (160g). Rocking the usual OnePlus biz with the same gestures on the screen while turned off as we have seen on the OP2, the shelf that one can access on the left of the homescreen, the same UI customizability, basically all the goods of OxygenOS, which is still, however, based on Android 5.1.1 (no Marshmallow).

Not to mention, the same F.U. status to NFC (no NFC). But surprisingly no USB Type-C, just regular old Micro-USB (and no fingerprint ofc, its a budget phone u dummy :P ). Although, the phone did retain the Alert Slider from the OP2.

My opinion: I really don't see how OnePlus will manage to convince people like me to get a phone with an SOC that's like a year old. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it will convince people with its low price of only $250 (U.S.)

WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS? Post your thoughts below.

Oh almost forgot, GOOD LUCK WITH THE INVITES LMAO!

Source with more details and WOW videos: https://oneplus.net/ca_en/x

1) It's kinda easy to get invites.

2) Am I the only one that thinks this phone is f**king beautiful?!?

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

1) It's kinda easy to get invites.

2) Am I the only one that thinks this phone is f**king beautiful?!?

1) Yeah, already rocking a OP2 B)

2) Hell yeah!

if its not 5 dollars then its not budget to me 0/10 one plus, disappointing again ;)

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Bang for buck!

Design looks like Sony Xperia Z series. But this is beautiful.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

lmao the website makes it look like a new apple phone 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Ive seen it. Ive seen the price. If i manage to get some decent money soon, this is my next phone.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

This is the kind of body I expected the iPhone 6/6S's to have.

Looks like an iPhone clone, still I don't know if that's a bad thing :P

Also, the old CPU is the only big downside I think.

Aside from a slightly outdated soc it has no disadvantages... for 250 bucks it's an awesome buy. Who even needs more than so much performance on a phone anyway?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Introducing the iPhone 4Z

Looks like an iPhone clone, still I don't know if that's a bad thing :P

Also, the old CPU is the only big downside I think.

oh please. stop with the bullshit. it looks nothing like an iphone. 

Aside from a slightly outdated soc it has no disadvantages... for 250 bucks it's an awesome buy. Who even needs more than so much performance on a phone anyway?

801 was a beast in energy efficiency though, new snapdragons seem to be utterly shit in battery life, I think it's a smart choice.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Are you blind? It looks like a clear mix between the iPhone 4 and an Xperia phone... heck the website is VERY Apple like.

Me: But, but, but only 2.4 Ghz b/g/n....

You: FOR ONLY 250 BUCKS :angry:

Me: k... T_T

Are you blind? It looks like a clear mix between the iPhone 4 and an Xperia phone... heck the website is VERY Apple like.

It's a glass brick, there are only so many ways you can make a glass brick look. It's about as far from both iPhone and Xperia phone as you can get while maintaining glass build.

Scrolling websites are what's hot now, everyone does them.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Makes sense....

evolution-man-computer.gif

It's a glass brick, there are only so many ways you can make a glass brick look. It's about as far from both iPhone and Xperia phone as you can get while maintaining glass build.

As far as... the back looks like my old iPhone 4. I don't actually care much i'm just stating the facts... it looks like an iPhone and an Xperia had a baby. It's like the HTC A9 which conveniently looks like an iPhone as well. It isn't a bad thing. 

As far as... the back looks like my old iPhone 4. I don't actually care much i'm just stating the facts... it looks like an iPhone and an Xperia had a baby. It's like the HTC A9 which conveniently looks like an iPhone as well. It isn't a bad thing. 

It's just black glass, what would you do differently to a black glass back for it to not look like a black glass back?

This phone actually looks more like ZTE Nubia phones.

HTC One A9 is definitely a copy.

Spoiler

The A9 is the only phone in this case that would be a blatant copy. The OPX may borrow some design philosophy from a couple other devices, but it's a device on it's own.

Looks solid :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

801 was a beast in energy efficiency though, new snapdragons seem to be utterly shit in battery life, I think it's a smart choice.

are you blind or just being obtuse?  it looks like an iphone with a mix of galaxy....which is really another iphone clone.   the xperia managed to pull away from the iphone the nexsus and g4/3 did too its not hard.  the reality is that though its all a bit irrelivant given that you cant buy one.  one plus need to sort that shit out, if they did they would be a strong player in the market

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

The wraps have been taken off the new OnePlus phone that we have been seeing leaks of. Introducing:

The OnePlus X

Specs:

CPU: Snapdragon 801 -(old)

RAM: 3GB LPDDR3

Display: 5.0" 1080p AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 -(so amoled on this one but not on the OP2???)

Camera: 13 MP with f/2.2 aperture with front facing being an 8 MP shooter with an f/2.4 -(huge front facing one :P )

Battery: 2,525 mAh -(wow small)

Storage: 16GB with the choice of either using Dual Sim or using one sim and space for the extra sim for a MicroSD card (upto 128GB)

Connectivity: 2.4Ghz b/g/n -(wut? way to cut corners ,m8) and Bluetooth 4.0

Comes in 2 colors of either Onyx (138g) or Ceramic (160g). Rocking the usual OnePlus biz with the same gestures on the screen while turned off as we have seen on the OP2, the shelf that one can access on the right of the homescreen, the same UI customizability, basically all the goods of OxygenOS, which is still, however, based on Android 5.1.1 (no Marshmallow).

Not to mention, the same F.U. status to NFC (basically, no NFC). But surprisingly no USB Type-C, just regular old Micro-USB (and no fingerprint ofc, its a budget phone u dummy :P ). Although, the phone did retain the Alert Slider from the OP2.

My opinion: I really don't see how OnePlus will manage to convince people like me to get a phone with an SOC that's like 2 years old. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it will convince people with its low price of only $250 (U.S.)

WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS? Post your thoughts below.

Oh almost forgot, GOOD LUCK WITH THE INVITES LMAO!

Source with more details and WOW videos: https://oneplus.net/ca_en/x

Wifi is listed as WCN3680 so single stream AC config, they did the same with the initial spec sheet of the One and only listing up to 802.11n support.

That battery capacity is actually pretty decent for a 5 inch smartphone, also the fact that it's so thin and packs in a 9.58Wh battery is pretty impressive.

The lollipop thing is basically moot at this point, Oneplus updates thier phones for at least 2 years after release and bar that it's not like the Oneplus community lacks development.

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

Wifi is listed as WCN3680 so single stream AC config, they did the same with the initial spec sheet of the One and only listing up to 802.11n support.

That battery capacity is actually pretty decent for a 5 inch smartphone, also the fact that it's so thin and packs in a 9.58Wh battery is pretty impressive.

The lollipop thing is basically moot at this point, Oneplus updates thier phones for at least 2 years after release and bar that it's not like the Oneplus community lacks development.

Oh okay will update original post about the Wifi spec.

I don't know why you are being so defensive about OnePlus. I never said they "lack development." In fact, Im rocking the OP2 right now.

About the battery, you seem right. It rocks a bigger battery than the Nexus 5, so it should be good enough, given they use the same SOC.

Looks like an iPhone 4S but better.

Also looks better than a Galaxy S6. But that Snapdragon 801... hngggggg...

Ye ole' train