Here's Nintendo's first mobile game - Miitomo

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://kotaku.com/nintendos-first-mobile-game-is-called-miitomo-out-in-2-1739290330?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Source 2: http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2015/10/29/nintendo-unveils-first-smartphone-game-live-blog/

For a while now we have been waiting for Nintendo's entrance into the world of mobile (smartphone) gaming, and today they have delivered. Their first mobile game is called Miitomo, and it's kind of like a social media game, but using Miis. First you make your Mii, then you are asked a series of questions that describe that Mii and the answers you provide will be how your Mii communicates with other Miis. The game will use Nintendo's new My Nintendo service, which is meant to bridge the gap between consoles and smartphones.

Miitomo will out in March 2016 and will be a free to play game with addons available for purchase (aka microtransactions). Miitomo is the first of five planned Nintendo mobile games being released up until March 2017.

Personally I was expecting some kind of Mario something to make its way to mobile, and I'm almost positive this is what everybody else was expecting as well. I mean, the Mii thing is cool and all as a side thing on Nintendo's consoles, but I never thought there would be an actual game dedicated to the Miis. Miitomo is essentially Miis + Mii Plaza bundled into a free to play game as far as I can tell. Hopefully the other four mobile games will be actual, ya know, games.

What do you think about Miitomo?

1494722264259068587.jpg

1494722264282847915.jpg

COMIC SANS

Why does Pokemon Shuffle suddenly not count as a Nintendo mobile game?

Is that on the phone or 3ds? I think "mobile games" are phone/tablet games.

While portable games are PSP and 3ds.

But I dunno, that's how I see things.

Personally this looks interesting, worth a try at least.

But let's face it, Xbox will come with there version and it will probably be better, I like the Avatar more than the Mii. They just look better and have etter animations.

Judging from the screenshots so far, this game gives off a tomadachi life vibe to it.

I'll keep an eye on this.

Is that on the phone or 3ds? I think "mobile games" are phone/tablet games.

While portable games are PSP and 3ds.

It is on both https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokemon-shuffle-mobile/id1014919815?mt=8 They may not count it as it is under The Pokémon Company rather than  Nintendo. Nintendo owns it but is a subsidiary

Nintendo should die already. All they make these days are crap and treat people like shit.

Nintendo should die already. All they make these days are crap and treat people like shit.

Thats your opinion. I find there games fun.

Splatoon is great and Mario maker is a nice challenging game.

There are plenty more out there and more coming.

As for how they treat people, too. Me it seems like they are the same as all other game related company.

I wish they would just hurry up with Pokemon GO! already. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Not really- when our Wii broke, we sent it to Nintendo and within a week they had just sent us a new one. 

I used to be quite active here.

I'm always confused when people say that they wished Nintendo would go away. Even if you don't like them how would them ceasing to exist benefit you? At the very least more competition in the market is good for consumers. Surely the idea of an expanded market for games is a good idea. Right? Unless you're some sort of "gaming hipster" who only wants "authentic" gaming experiences to exist.

It's also worth noting that this is a mobile game. So it shouldn't be surprising that it's not a game for us because it's not supposed to be. Think about it, what are the most successful games on mobile of all time? It's not stuff even remotely like the traditional games we'd buy a dedicated gaming console for. Because even if it was available you wouldn't want to pay money for Mario Kart or Smash Bros on mobile. Instead the most successful mobile games have been stuff like Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Words With Friends, Draw Something and Tiny Tower. The most complex games that have done well are things like Clash of Clans, Sim City and Hearthstone. So a game that effectively looks like Tomodachi-Lite? Well of course that's a thing. And it'll probably do well in spite of the whines from forums like this.

As it is this is the only game they've announced. It's also the only game from the first five that will be free to play, the others have a fixed price. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the other games are things like Advance Wars or something similar. I really wouldn't worry about it, IMO Nintendo has already proven that they know how to make good mobile games. Case and point the minigames in NintendoLand, Balloon Trip and DK Crash Course in particular.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Why does Pokemon Shuffle suddenly not count as a Nintendo mobile game?

Contrary to popular belief, Nintendo doesn't actually own The Pokemon Company. They just have exclusive rights to their game on their consoles.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Contrary to popular belief, Nintendo doesn't actually own The Pokemon Company. They just have exclusive rights to their game on their consoles.

A lot of Nintendo's relationships with other companies are like this. Even some of the ones they do own they give them a lot of freedom. There was a story a few days ago about what happened with RARE back in the day. After Goldeneye Nintendo wanted them to make another Bond game. RARE wasn't interested and wanted to make their own game. And that's how Perfect Dark was born.

It's rumoured that Retro is in the same position currently. You'd assume that Nintendo would want them to be working on another Metroid game. They aren't, they're supposedly working on something entirely different. Purely because they are tired of Metroid and Donkey Kong and wanted to do something different. Same deal with Sakurai a few years back, he was sick of Smash Bros and wanted to make something different. All of a sudden we get a Kid Icarus game for the 3DS.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I'm always confused when people say that they wished Nintendo would go away. Even if you don't like them how would them ceasing to exist benefit you? At the very least more competition in the market is good for consumers. Surely the idea of an expanded market for games is a good idea. Right? Unless you're some sort of "gaming hipster" who only wants "authentic" gaming experiences to exist.

cause people idea of gaming lately is: open world and first person shooter or anything in first person view

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I am actually surprised by this game. I won't play it, as its not my type of game, but I see it doing fairly well.

I doubt it it will be an Angry Bird success (well, maybe in Japan), but successful none the less.

People here think it is a failure because it is not a mario game. But I am sorry, it would have been a HUGE failure if it was a mario game.

Have you guys tried a NES/SNES emulator? It's near impossible to play on a smartphone due to lack of control any mario game on them, unless the game is one of those million and one games already on the smartphone world: character runs, tap screen to jump...yaaaaaay /s

It is nice to see that the company managed to be inventive, and bring something fairly original to the smartphone app world. It's like Nintendo went and said "They want a mobile game? Fine! Let's do it right!"

So now there is this, and Pokemon Go.

I never understood the huge hatred that most gamers have towards Nintendo, in all honestly. It's all "Nintendo is going to die!", "Die already!", etc. Since the N64 days, yet Nintendo still manages to not be successful, but also, like it or not, impact the gaming world by pushing it, and experimenting. Games you play and enjoy today on your PS and XBox or PC, would have been drastically different. (in fact, PS and XBox would not exist without Nintendo. And probably people would still be stuck with Atari)

If this is Nintendo's way of saying that they're going under, let me get my party hat, Solo cup and foam finger, 'cause I've been waiting for this for a while

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

If this is Nintendo's way of saying that they're going under, let me get my party hat, Solo cup and foam finger, 'cause I've been waiting for this for a while

To you, any action, move, even 1 employee walking, is "Nintendo's way of saying that they're going under".

To you, any action, move, even 1 employee walking, is "Nintendo's way of saying that they're going under".

Once can only hope.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

At least they started to realize handheld console gaming is a thing of the past. 

And I guess this is their starting point.