DOOM reboot alpha requirements announced

Castdeath97

Source OC3D: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/doom_closed_alpha_requirements_announced/1

hy3BMcL.jpeg

So, now that closed alpha release is commencing for DOOM's reboot the required specifications are out.

The Closed Alpha is designed to test a variety of PC configurations. The following system specs for the PC are subject to change and do not reflect the minimum or recommended system specs of the final product.

The minimum and recommended requirements for DOOM's closed alpha have been released, comparing a GTX 780 to a R9 280 in the recommended 1080p requirements.  

Minimum Spec (720p)

• 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8.1
  • Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better / AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
  • 8 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB VRAM)
  • 6GB HDD space
  • Steam account
  • High speed internet connection

Recommended Spec (1080p)
  • 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8.1
  • Intel Core i7 @ 3.4GHz or better / AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz or better
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB or more VRAM) / AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB or more VRAM)
  • 6GB HDD space
  • Steam account
  • High speed internet connection

Considering the amount of terribly written requirement specifications I have seen that's not bad. However notice how once again a FX-8350 in minimum= a FX 8350 recommended.....

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

maxresdefault.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Sorry about that, set it to auto. Is it fixed now?

Pascal laptops guide

Considering the amount of terribly written requirement specifications I have seen that's not bad. However notice how once again a FX-8350= a FX 8350.....

That actually seems pretty accurate. An FX-8350 does usually perform about on par with an FX-8350.

A Core i7, on the other hand...

:P

Jokes aside, I suppose the GPU recommendation may also be influenced by the gradually worse optimization we've been seeing for Kepler cards.

Almost!

Just the highlighted portion is still black

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-10-23-08-54-15.png

I have set it to auto but it doesn't want to change. I'll try changing it to plain text.

That actually seems pretty accurate. An FX-8350 does usually perform about on par with an FX-8350.

A Core i7, on the other hand...

:P

Jokes aside, I suppose the GPU recommendation may also be influenced by the gradually worse optimization we've been seeing for Kepler cards.

Ha forgot to add a fx 8350 in minimum= a fx 8350 in recommended 

Pascal laptops guide

I have set it to auto but it doesn't want to change. I'll try changing it to plain text.

Ha forgot to add a fx 8350 in minimum= a fx 8350 in recommended

Fixed! Also, ctrl + shift + v pastes as plain text :)

from those specs im going to assume that its pandering to consoles

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

looks like we know who they are siding with for the game, unless its dx12

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

looks like we know who they are siding with for the game, unless its dx12

even if its DX12.... AMD "owns" all fronts atm by covering all the consoles + having a presence on PC...

hell, if this thing is properly optimized, then 5 years after it came out, the FX 8350 will finally be "viable" to more then just those who bought it cuz it was cheap

I hope I get into the closed alpha. :P

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

i don't care. all thats left for me to play of the ctual dokm is tnt e ikution and the plutonia experiment..

and finish the last tree maps of scythe.

(all on ultraviolence ofc :).

)

Doom ftw !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

even if its DX12.... AMD "owns" all fronts atm by covering all the consoles + having a presence on PC...

hell, if this thing is properly optimized, then 5 years after it came out, the FX 8350 will finally be "viable" to more then just those who bought it cuz it was cheap

i was talking about the 780 and 280 those to are on completely different playing fields 

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i was talking about the 780 and 280 those to are on completely different playing fields 

well, i think they are mainly "targeting" the VRAM capacity here...

i think the ID team is saying: no less then 3GB VRAM, or else you will suffer....

Because the 380 and 960 costs about the same as the 280. But even then, the most commonly bought 960/380 is the 2GB ones...

Those specs have no sense at all. Seriously, reading line after line I'm debating if I can play it at min or max.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

well, i think they are mainly "targeting" the VRAM capacity here...

i think the ID team is saying: no less then 3GB VRAM, or else you will suffer....

Because the 380 and 960 costs about the same as the 280. But even then, the most commonly bought 960/380 is the 2GB ones...

that makes sense

CPU requirements are stupid. But developers seem to take system requirements more as a joke, and not a valid information. So who knows.

well i wouldn't call it stupid if they optimized it decent enough for 8 cores, cause if they did then the 8000 series cpus would be a great choice if you cant get an i7 or xeon

Spoiler

I really hope they bring the BFG9000 back to its glory days. Nothing was better than popping up around a corner and killing everyone with one blast. BFG90001.jpg

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

At least the game is 6gb of HDD space.  Better than most Triple A games coming out with 50gb sizes.

well i wouldn't call it stupid if they optimized it decent enough for 8 cores, cause if they did then the 8000 series cpus would be a great choice if you cant get an i7 or xeon

Even if it was perfectly optimized, it would still be stupid. Basic math tells us if i5 = FX8350, and i7 = FX8350, then i5 = i7. If the game was optimized in such a way, an i7 would perform significantly better than an i5.

RIP in pepperonis m8s