Direct CO2 capture from air

unijab

Yes that is an issue I can't think of a way to address...

limit it to 2. So it stays level.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

limit it to 2. So it stays level.

It needs to go down.

8bil is way too much.

4bil is what we need for the planet to be sustainable.

Maybe limit to 2 and give incentive for one so it's closer to 1.5?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

We need the plague again, or we send 4bil people to the mars ;)

You wouldn't happen to have read Inferno by Dan Brown have you...

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

So we need a lot of cows because of their precious farts so that means so much C02.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I did about 6 to 8 years ago, I can't remember details since I read a lot of thick books.

It was released in 2013.. 

Ahhh ****, sorry it was Sakrileg (Da Vinci code). I haven't read Inferno.

Is it worth to read?

Yes it is. The only dan brown book that was really meh is deception point.

Inferno talks about the plague to reduce pop thing.

Would this even help? Aren't we already past the point of being able to do anything to prevent it from getting worse?

It needs to go down.

8bil is way too much.

4bil is what we need for the planet to be sustainable.

Maybe limit to 2 and give incentive for one so it's closer to 1.5?

Actually no. The planet can handle even more people. It's the industry that's making everything worse. If we figure out clean energy we can sustain 8-10. I remember reading a good paper on this.

The birth rate here in switzerland is actually already ~1.4 without regulation.

Yeah, well Europe overall has stable birth rates. But Asia and Africa are growing fast.

Would this even help? Aren't we already past the point of being able to do anything to prevent it from getting worse?

We are almost past the point where prevention measures are becoming useless. This plan is to actively try and reduce CO2.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Actually no. The planet can handle even more people. It's the industry that's making everything worse. If we figure out clean energy we can sustain 8-10. I remember reading a good paper on this.

Yeah, well Europe overall has stable birth rates. But Asia and Africa are growing fast.

Easier to control births than deal with corruption 

Easier to control births than deal with corruption 

Not in democracy it's not. In China, yeah. Everywhere else not so much, especially not in Africa where goverments don't really do shit anyway.

Spoiler

Not in democracy it's not. In China, yeah. Everywhere else not so much, especially not in Africa where goverments don't really do shit anyway.

Everywhere it's easier to deal with the millions with religious protestors than to deal with billionaires throwing money at politicians 

Everywhere it's easier to deal with the millions with religious protestors than to deal with billionaires throwing money at politicians 

People don't like limits set on them. It's nothing to do with religion.

Spoiler

People don't like limits set on them. It's nothing to do with religion.

But the people that are really going to get angry are those with religions that say you need X kids.

Remember people, plants need CO2 to survive... 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Not sure if anyone noticed.. but the company is a Canadian startup.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

I think there's a little misunderstanding about how energy works here. If you're just taking carbon out the air, that doesn't take a whole lot of energy cos you're just fighting entropy (not difficult because Boltzmann's constant is really freaking small). If you want to turn it into fuel, that might take some energy, but if you can turn it into a stable low energy solid, it'd not take much and be dead easy to store. 

Wooh! We just solved global warming... now what were people saying about the population crisis?

Yeah CO2 is part of air, but only about 0.039%. No laughing gas and methane are the biggest/worst green house gasses we have, and they primarily come from agriculture. Want to cut down on that? Stop the over population of the earth (30-50 million extra people per year, primarily in the third world, like Africa, middle east and Asia) and decrease the overall population from the 7+ billion we are in the world. Would also stop most wars and migration problems.

This is just dumb, and proves people don't understand even the basics.

the ironic part about that is that, if we used resources better, we are more than sustainable. If we managed to artificially grow meats/GM crops to taste and feel like meats we would not have much more of a problem.

- snip-

easiest solution would be limit children to 1

I want you to look how poorly that went in China, and then realize how badly that would work worldwide.

I want you to look how poorly that went in China, and then realize how badly that would work worldwide.

I agree. I'm just saying it's the easiest way.

I agree. I'm just saying it's the easiest way.

Oh I thought you were actually vouching for it.

Oh I thought you were actually vouching for it.

Yea no...

Im more of a 1.5 person