Xbox Boss Would Like To See Xbox 360 Games Working On PC

Mr_Troll

Microsoft’s Phil Spencer, the boss of Xbox Division, has often talked about offering more support for Windows PC than the company did in the recent past

XboxOneWindos10PhilSpencer-720x300-635x2

Apparently, that may include bringing Xbox 360 backwards compatibility to the PC platform as well as Xbox One: Spencer said he’d like to do that while speaking to Gizmodo during Brasil Game Show.

I would love to have the ability to play Xbox 360 on PC at some point too, so have different things we have to think when we plan these things.

However, there are many other things they have in the pipeline. Spencer would also like to see Xbox games added to the backwards compatibility list, for instance:

It’s something I want to do. It is a matter of priority. But it would be great to have support for original Xbox games. So yes, I want to do, but there are many other things we want to do well. People fight with me for not having background music (laughs), so we have much work to do. Which is great! It’s great to have that feedback.

Spencer also admitted to have been surprised by the enthusiastic reaction of fans when Microsoft announced this feature at E3 2015.

I was … more than surprised. The team that made the backward compatibility of work was in the audience, and it was really cool to see them feeling the fan reaction to the work they were doing.

The Xbox now has a long history, going through the original Xbox, the 360 ​​and the One. It was a great time for people to understand that, as a platform development team, we want to create features that will appeal also to the old Xbox gamers. We will not charge money for backward compatibility not charge subscription, you have the game and can play it on Xbox One. And the reaction was fantastic. Xbox fans are very committed to the brand and franchises. It was surprising, but all the more surprising, was inspiring

Source : http://wccftech.com/xbox-boss-xbox-360-games-working-pc/

http://gizmodo.uol.com.br/entrevista-phil-spencer/  

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

If this goes through. I'll buy some Xbox games.

Forza is life

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

He really turned the Xbone, but I want those feature now not in half a year and then a year till its in Austria...

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

PLEASE

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

well this would be a extremely good idea. hopefully if they are emulating they do it well.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hasn't he said this tons of times already?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

If the Xbox exclusives were shared with PC, it would severely cut into their sales i would think. The only reason my cousin bought an Xbox was for the Halo series. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

So now can I continue where I left of with Halo combat evolved on pc? O_O

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Fucking Halo 3, Halo 3, Halo 3!!!!!!!

If the Xbox exclusives were shared with PC, it would severely cut into their sales i would think. The only reason my cousin bought an Xbox was for the Halo series. 

Well true, since consoles no longer match or exceed PC in gaming (the 360 and PS3 could say that much, and they cost less as well).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So now can I continue where I left of with Halo combat evolved on pc? O_O

You know there is an actual pc version right?

Didn't he promise that with Xbox One games? We got Rise: Son of Rome and that's about it right?

=_=" Hmm. Ok let me rephrase that one. Can I play all the others after halo combat evovled on PC pretty please?

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

And the same for Halo 2 (just an upscaled version designed to sell Vista-but it does work without issues in Windows 7).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

=_=" Hmm. Ok let me rephrase that one. Can I play all the others after halo combat evovled on PC pretty please?

Me too, I would love to play some Halo 3 on PC.

Phil likes to talk a lot about things that he'd like on PC, problem with his talking is that's just that .. a lot of talk and nothing actually happening

Which brings us to that one post:

For people getting their hopes up. This is MS's various statements on their promise to PC gaming.

2005 - We care about PC gaming, Longhorn (Vista) to usher in modern PC gaming with "Tray and Play"

Vista launches with none of the stuff MS promised, Vista itself sucks the ass of a thousand camels.

2006 - MS: Don't Count PC Games Out

MS announces GFWL and how utterly amazing it will be, suckers everywhere rejoice in the eventual ass reaming they don't know is coming yet.

2007 - MS continues PC push

MS launches GFWL...and it has a $50 a year fee, and they announce a whole slew of games to include Shadowrun with cross platform play and Gears of War 1! What are you paying for you ask? Jank ass software that crashes and has the most unintuitive updating system known to man. Load a game, game says you need update. Signs you out, downloads update, you jump back in...oh GFWL client has a update too! signs you out, downloads up date and you log back in...

MS will shortly thereafter disband Ensemble because MS feels that they're (MS) moving in a different direction! But don't worry we tots <3 you PC gamers.

2008 - MS: PC gaming is A-okay

Yea we've looked at some money pie charts and can see that PC gaming brings in billions in revenue. Here is our open letter to how awesome PC gaming is and our promise to support it! We finally put some new titles up on GFWL! Oh and we got rid of the $50 a year fee for GFWL, see we're serious about PC gaming! If that's not a sign of commitment, I don't know what is!

2008 - MS: PC gaming is not dead!

Look at this event we're throwing for PC gaming, you think we'd throw this if we didn't truly care about it?! Look at these games that will be on GFWL. We <3 PC gaming. You want fixes for GFWL issues? We'll look into that.

2008 - MS bolsters PC gaming with all new Games for Windows Live!

Hey gaiz remember those GFWL client issues you were having...well we didn't fix those per say but....here is the same shit in a slightly newer skin! PROGRESS

2009 - MS: PC gaming still a priority for us!

Okay gaiz look, this time we're serious about our upcoming push in PC gaming. It's so vital to us at MS that we give the PC our love and support!

2010 - MS: "We're doubling down on PC gaming

By doubling down we mean we're keeping this shittastic GFWL client around because! We might even throw an update at it to fix the problem of game saves being randomly deleted or rendered worthless...maybe.

2010 - MS Launches Games for Windows Marketplace

Hey gaiz, we're making GFWL even better because it's now called Games for Windows Marketplace. Everything is brand new and easy to use, anonymous journalists have even said it's better than Steam. We had 3 interns and a janitor work on this, so you know we're committed!

2010 - MS: Windows 8 is going to relaunch gaming!

Hey gaiz, MS again. With Windows 8 we're totally going to put our full weight behind PC gaming just like we promised back in 2006! Pls be excite.

2012 - MS: We won't ditch GFWL!

We're committed to PC gaming and we absolutely think GFWL is the best play to get PC games and play with others. Our client is awesome....ly bloated and deletes shit randomly, but that's really one of the charms of PC gaming that we captured! It's a balanced experience! Hope you rike!

2013 - MS to discontinue GFWL

Hey gaiz new manager here, so like a bunch of your games might stop working come 2014...but that's okay! We expect there to be transitions as we build out new investments, but we remain committed to bringing first party gaming services and games to Windows for years to come. We will share more details in the future!

2013 - MS promises core first party games coming to PC

We're so committed we swear!

Sorry, but all MS is doing is blowing smoke up the ass of gullible people. So yea go ahead and get your hopes up and get excited. In a year or two when none of what they say comes to fruition...I'll pretend to act shocked.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Phil likes to talk a lot about things that he'd like on PC, problem with his talking is that's just that .. a lot of talk and nothing actually happening

the problem is with how to create a locked ms ecosystem out of pc. if they do bring 360 games to pc it will be though the windows store.

Which brings us to that one post:

For people getting their hopes up. This is MS's various statements on their promise to PC gaming.

2005 - We care about PC gaming, Longhorn (Vista) to usher in modern PC gaming with "Tray and Play"

Vista launches with none of the stuff MS promised, Vista itself sucks the ass of a thousand camels.

2006 - MS: Don't Count PC Games Out

MS announces GFWL and how utterly amazing it will be, suckers everywhere rejoice in the eventual ass reaming they don't know is coming yet.

2007 - MS continues PC push

MS launches GFWL...and it has a $50 a year fee, and they announce a whole slew of games to include Shadowrun with cross platform play and Gears of War 1! What are you paying for you ask? Jank ass software that crashes and has the most unintuitive updating system known to man. Load a game, game says you need update. Signs you out, downloads update, you jump back in...oh GFWL client has a update too! signs you out, downloads up date and you log back in...

MS will shortly thereafter disband Ensemble because MS feels that they're (MS) moving in a different direction! But don't worry we tots <3 you PC gamers.

2008 - MS: PC gaming is A-okay

Yea we've looked at some money pie charts and can see that PC gaming brings in billions in revenue. Here is our open letter to how awesome PC gaming is and our promise to support it! We finally put some new titles up on GFWL! Oh and we got rid of the $50 a year fee for GFWL, see we're serious about PC gaming! If that's not a sign of commitment, I don't know what is!

2008 - MS: PC gaming is not dead!

Look at this event we're throwing for PC gaming, you think we'd throw this if we didn't truly care about it?! Look at these games that will be on GFWL. We <3 PC gaming. You want fixes for GFWL issues? We'll look into that.

2008 - MS bolsters PC gaming with all new Games for Windows Live!

Hey gaiz remember those GFWL client issues you were having...well we didn't fix those per say but....here is the same shit in a slightly newer skin! PROGRESS

2009 - MS: PC gaming still a priority for us!

Okay gaiz look, this time we're serious about our upcoming push in PC gaming. It's so vital to us at MS that we give the PC our love and support!

2010 - MS: "We're doubling down on PC gaming

By doubling down we mean we're keeping this shittastic GFWL client around because! We might even throw an update at it to fix the problem of game saves being randomly deleted or rendered worthless...maybe.

2010 - MS Launches Games for Windows Marketplace

Hey gaiz, we're making GFWL even better because it's now called Games for Windows Marketplace. Everything is brand new and easy to use, anonymous journalists have even said it's better than Steam. We had 3 interns and a janitor work on this, so you know we're committed!

2010 - MS: Windows 8 is going to relaunch gaming!

Hey gaiz, MS again. With Windows 8 we're totally going to put our full weight behind PC gaming just like we promised back in 2006! Pls be excite.

2012 - MS: We won't ditch GFWL!

We're committed to PC gaming and we absolutely think GFWL is the best play to get PC games and play with others. Our client is awesome....ly bloated and deletes shit randomly, but that's really one of the charms of PC gaming that we captured! It's a balanced experience! Hope you rike!

2013 - MS to discontinue GFWL

Hey gaiz new manager here, so like a bunch of your games might stop working come 2014...but that's okay! We expect there to be transitions as we build out new investments, but we remain committed to bringing first party gaming services and games to Windows for years to come. We will share more details in the future!

2013 - MS promises core first party games coming to PC

We're so committed we swear!

Sorry, but all MS is doing is blowing smoke up the ass of gullible people. So yea go ahead and get your hopes up and get excited. In a year or two when none of what they say comes to fruition...I'll pretend to act shocked.

To be fair, Spencer at least seems more genuine about it. He's not saying it will happen and he isn't promising a single thing. All he is saying is that he wants it to happen and it's something that they're talking about. The Xbox division isn't an independent operation so anything happening is still up to his bosses giving him the go ahead to work on it and signing off on actually releasing anything to the public.

My god that would be glorious. I wonder if it'll happen

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

To be fair, Spencer at least seems more genuine about it. He's not saying it will happen and he isn't promising a single thing. All he is saying is that he wants it to happen and it's something that they're talking about. The Xbox division isn't an independent operation so anything happening is still up to his bosses giving him the go ahead to work on it and signing off on actually releasing anything to the public.

He's better at PR I'll give you that, but that's not saying much since it pretty much means being better at exaggerating, better at misrepresenting and better at omitting. But again in fairness to your point, that's true for all PR people on all companies.

-------

Current Rig

-------

He's better at PR I'll give you that, but that's not saying much since it pretty much means being better at exaggerating, better at misrepresenting and better at omitting. But again in fairness to your point, that's true for all PR people on all companies.

Spencer is great at PR, but I always go back to a statement he made at E3. Spencer stated he doesn't want to promise or announce anything until it is a sure deal. That's why he is careful to pick his words and doesn't say "this will happen" or "we're working on this" and uses terms like "I'd like to see" or "I want to". Since it's all stuff that could make MS a lot more money and give him a VERY secure position in the company (The Xbox division has gone through a lot of leaders) I'm willing to believe he would like those things to happen. Anything he talks about actually making it to customers is where I get skeptical.

Spencer is great at PR, but I always go back to a statement he made at E3. Spencer stated he doesn't want to promise or announce anything until it is a sure deal. That's why he is careful to pick his words and doesn't say "this will happen" or "we're working on this" and uses terms like "I'd like to see" or "I want to". Since it's all stuff that could make MS a lot more money and give him a VERY secure position in the company (The Xbox division has gone through a lot of leaders) I'm willing to believe he would like those things to happen. Anything he talks about actually making it to customers is where I get skeptical.

Yet he has the praise of a lot of people as if he was promising shit and only careful observants (That I'm sure will get called "haters") Notice most of what he says is as useless as tits on a boar.

-------

Current Rig

-------

He brought Xbox 360 games backwards compatibility to the Xbox One; which is no minor undertaking working on it since the release of Xbox One.

And so far Phil Spencer has done more for xbox than any of the others lol

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD