Amazon Will Ban Sale of Apple TV and Google’s Chromecast

jos

Because you're foolish if you don't know the implications of this.  Amazon has a huge market share.  When people think online shopping, they think Amazon.  For amazon to push others out of competition because they have such a large market share to promote their own product is the VERY DEFINITION of antitrust.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you for proving my point.

Amazon is breaking the law by not selling their competitor's products but Apple isn't? You're a funny guy. What's even more hilarious is that you're implying Apple is having a hard time promoting its products if it weren't for Amazon. That's a pretty amazing skill you have there being able to pull out so much shit out of your ass at once.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Because you're foolish if you don't know the implications of this.  Amazon has a huge market share.  When people think online shopping, they think Amazon.  For amazon to push others out of competition because they have such a large market share to promote their own product is the VERY DEFINITION of antitrust.

Not hardly.  So what they have a big market.  That means literally nothing if there is sufficient competition, which there is online.  If they were the 1 physical store in a town, then you could argue it.  But it is not anticompetitive in the slightest just because a lot of people use Amazon.  It is only anticompetitive if they are preventing other stores from selling the products.

Not hardly.  So what they have a big market.  That means literally nothing if there is sufficient competition, which there is online.  If they were the 1 physical store in a town, then you could argue it.  But it is not anticompetitive in the slightest just because a lot of people use Amazon.  It is only anticompetitive if they are preventing other stores from selling the products.

if anything amazon might loose money with this move.

This is super messed up, but at the same time it's not all that surprising. Amazon has their own streaming services and their own streaming devices. They have rivals to the Chromecast, Apple TV, Google Play/Play Music, Apple music, etc. It doesn't necessarily surprise me that Amazon removed those devices from their store, but at the same time it's a really dickish move. Mixed feelings on this, but they'll more than likely get away with it. 

COMIC SANS

It might be that the Amazon warehouse will simply not carry the devices but third party sellers would still be able to post them.

Buyers would be unable to get free shipping and things that the warehouse provides.

Also amazon doesn't own Roku but that will still be available.

It might be that the Amazon warehouse will simply not carry the devices but third party sellers would still be able to post them.

Buyers would be unable to get free shipping and things that the warehouse provides.

Also amazon doesn't own Roku but that will still be available.

I don't think so.

From the article;

No new listings for the products will be allowed and posting of existing inventory will be removed Oct. 29, Amazon said.

So we need some clarification here.

ugh, this is stupid.  next thing you know apple is gonna axe the amazon video app... and android support is already spotty for it, per device basis...

we think cable segmentation is bad, next thing you know you're gonna have to buy a device from every video/stream/distribution platform

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

There are plenty of other place (probably closer places) to get these things. I don't agree with people getting all mad about it. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Wow... so much for a competitive marketplace...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

bollocks, will google stop showing amazon results to avoid confusing between amazon services and google's ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

To be fair, it's hard to find apple products below what they are on apple's website even on amazon.... so I don't think this will effect that much. I think the same goes for the chrome cast. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Jeez... the amount of retarded "oh, so is now X is gonna start not selling Y now???!!11" post's in this thread is exacerbating. 

Stop acting like it's the end of the amazon marketplace as we know it and THIS action is why you won't spend your money in the store now. It make's perfect sense and im surprised it took this long for it to come in effect.

Idiot's these days.....

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Wouldn't have bought it anyway, but Amazon is free to put whatever products they want, or not, on their "shelves".

It's not anti competitive. After all, Best Buy and the likes can also just as easily "boycott" a product if they want too, there shouldn't be any law that force a retailer, no matter how small or big, to carry certain products.

Beside, lets be honest here. Most apple fanboys will just buy it directly from Apple or from an apple store. Not like the price would've been cheaper on Amazon.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I personally don't care much - I shop on amazon because 2 day shipping is sometimes easier than taking time to go to the store and buy items.

Also, it costs alot to ship stuff across the country, so i just buy my fiance stuff off amazon. 

If they choose to not carry chromecase or apple TV....well...oh well? 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Amazon’s streaming video service, called Prime Video, doesn’t run easily on rival’s devices.

If a streaming service can't run on many devices in 2015 as easily as Netflix or Hulu, it's trash.

Well, is it antitrust if Apple won't sell Nexus phones? Amazon has their own products and it is fine if they don't want to sell other products.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

If a streaming service can't run on many devices in 2015 as easily as Netflix or Hulu, it's trash.

This is why I don't use amazon prime video....even though I have prime. I have a GoogleTV, AndroidTV (Nexus Player), and Chromecast. None work with prime video. 

Funny thing is....it COULD work. But amazon keeps stopping it. 

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/05/16/amazon-disables-the-instant-video-apk-for-non-sony-android-tv-devices-because-they-hate-you-and-your-money/

Sure, I have an xbox too, or long cables for a laptop...but come on...

Not saying amazon cannot do whatever the heck they want....but what they are doing will just result in me not buying movies or TV from their service. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

What makes you think you can ruin this pitch fork moment? I like my ignorance nice and up to my neck, thank you very much.

Seriously, I wonder how so many people on LTT ever passed 2nd grade. Why aren't you outraged that Apple stores don't sell Android products, Kindle or fireTV?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you for proving my point.

Amazon is breaking the law by not selling their competitor's products but Apple isn't? You're a funny guy. What's even more hilarious is that you're implying Apple is having a hard time promoting its products if it weren't for Amazon. That's a pretty amazing skill you have there being able to pull out so much shit out of your ass at once.

lol i love how you insult him and call other people stupid but then can grasp the basic concept of anti trust.  Amazon is banning it site wide not just there direct sales forcing its customers into to not offering it, add to the fact that Amazon are one of, if not the biggest online retailer, its easy to see how this move to damages consumers and is anti competitive.

Well, is it antitrust if Apple won't sell Nexus phones? Amazon has their own products and it is fine if they don't want to sell other products.

im sorry but this is stupid. Apple are NOT a retailer like Amazon is. they dont have the market share like Amazon do....its as simple as that. if apple started selling other products, gained a huge market share then stopped selling rivals product then there would be a case but as is, i feel its more a dig at apple than a well thought out example.

this is a massive dick move from Amazon, and anti competitive. im sorry but there streaming service is shite simply  because of how closed off it is. if i could watch it on my chromecast then maybe but as it stands no thanks Amazon.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Technically it's within Amazon's rights as a retailer to refuse the sale of certain products.

While it's an ub3r dickmove, it might actually be within legal bounds

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I will be interested to see the legal wranglings which follow. The dumbest thing is bar tablets Amazon hardware doesn't do well at all

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I only need Amazon for artbooks, microfiber cloths and other books! The rest is up to them.

Groomlake Authority

im sorry but this is stupid. Apple are NOT a retailer like Amazon is. they dont have the market share like Amazon do....its as simple as that. if apple started selling other products, gained a huge market share then stopped selling rivals product then there would be a case but as is, i feel its more a dig at apple than a well thought out example.

this is a massive dick move from Amazon, and anti competitive. im sorry but there streaming service is shite simply  because of how closed off it is. if i could watch it on my chromecast then maybe but as it stands no thanks Amazon.

i see where you come from

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Dear Amazon,

Make better products you scrub!

~Kamina

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx